We make TERRIBLE suggestions and come up with horrible ideas (Round II)

Each piece cut off a Stem Hulk becomes a new Stem Hulk given enough time. Butchering a Stem Hulk is a bad idea. Recommended disposal is righteous fire, and burn the ashes.

1 Like

Here’s some more hulk ideas:
-The Incredable Bulk (Huge, green, muscular, and says little other than roaring and ‘BULK MAD!’)
-Hulk Hulk (The hulk evolution of a hulk)
-Plasma Hulk (Shoots railgun plasma energy blasts at the player)
-Nuclear Hulk(When killedexplodes in the same radius as a mininuke)
-Super Hulk (Even superman died)

Sulk: just sits around and pulls scowls at random things. Lots of hp. Chooses to sit in annoying places, like in narrow hallways so it’s pretty much a roadblock.
Vulk: has pointed ears and you can swear it says “live only briefly and deteriorate” before it bats you away with a double-fingered victory sign.
Incandescent hulk: lags out your entire game with a 3-overmap-wide field of electricity.
Grenadier hulk: spams mininuke hacks.

It’s funny that all this may seem like a tangent but it still is 100% relevant to the topic.

Add drunk NPCs. They get cocked off their asses and get eaten by mobs…no wait we have those a plenty already… xD

Getting drunk makes the player toon stumble. In function, the character directs where to go but the adjacent tile is where they stumble too instead?

2 Likes

Shoggoth Hulk - Smashes cars and buildings, eats them and splits into more Shoggoth Hulks.

You need rubber gloves to safely butcher acidic enemies.

2 Likes

Whenever you walk onto a tile where there are items on the ground you have a random chance to trip over them and fall to the ground. More items and/or larger item volume increases the chance.

For an even worse idea, make it so that standing up in a tile also calls for a trip check. Walking into a sufficiently cluttered tile could result in your character tripping over things continuously until they starve to death.

2 Likes

I tripped over rubble for a week until I starved to death.

How about surviving humans finally get a visit from aliens from another world? Only to see the “zombie disease” spread to them… zombies in space.

You forgot to add the words ‘the movie’ after that. I have no clue if there is actually a movie with a similar name to that, but now I want the the ability to ‘watch’ it on your ingame phone or laptop.
It would even come with its own debatably excessive extensions and remakes and such:
-Zombies in Space: The Movie
-Zombies in Space 2: Return of the Munchies
-Zombies in Space 3: The New End
-Zombies in Space 4 Ever
-Zambies from Outer Space
-Zombl and the Alien Princess
-Zombies in Space!
-Alien versus Zombies
-Alien versus Zombies 2
And so on

1 Like

Make mouses squeak, tunnel, wake up people, eat crops, snatch your food, and eat cats. Add mouse trap and rat poison (yummy) that works 5% of the time. Bear traps work 0.1% of the time against mouses.

1 Like

Acid already splashes you at random though. Besides, what you suggest should only be bare handed. Everything else you use (such as a weapon) should be damaged instead of the toon.

It’s not so much as it splashing you, but rather spirting the floor in your general direction. Due to the general mess it’s most likely going to splash a little on your tootsies.
Unless you mean literally what I just said, of course.

It would definitely make some sense for equipment to get hurt (at least some times) when butchering an acid zombie.

Making what you use to pulp the mob get damaged is more logical than making the assumption your hands alone would take damage and require gloves…which would be silly as acid melts those too…

I try to account for the game not being 100% realistic. But some stuff also makes me scratch my head. I figured since Kevin liked his idea about gloves. I assumed he wanted such a thing as using gloves for a balance thing over realism.

But the more I thought about it. The less I liked using gloves. The idea became more complicated and I began my salmon journey up the stream to find myself at what I wrote.

Change for acid:

Pulping acidic mobs = random splash around mob body. As we have already.

Addendum = “if” tile toon is standing on receives acid splash. Toon makes a roll/percentage to have random body part splashed with acid + damage to garment on that body part; mitigate damage to both toon and garment by garment environmental protection rating.

Add damage too whatever is used in toon’s hands to pulp mob. Double damage “if” bare hands + acid burn to both hands. (because sticking your bare hands in highly acidic substances should be a bad idea)

edit:
Boots should melt when standing on an acid tile while NOT doing damage to feet/legs if the garment protection is reasonable. The boots bite the dust. But the purpose of that thick heavy duty nature they have is to deflect that acid. Perhaps assuming the acid is so strong it gets through. The turns could be used instead to remove boots before harm to player occurs?

Depends greatly on the type of acid and the type of gloves. No one acid will melt everything.

Acid Boomers. Smoker Zombies that shoot out clouds of fire, lightning or radioactive gas. Chlorine gas, actually.

ACID RAIN INCANDESCENT HUSKS!

3 Likes

Yes, much needed.
That kinda reminds me of my idea of nuclear ticks than if and when you pull them off them explode like a mininuke.

I asked for this a while back, and it appears we still need it:
An automatic bacon generator. Few things are better than bacon.

2 Likes

That should be in crazy cataclysm. Maybe have a chance if replacing charcoal smokers.

Nah, it should be in vanilla. Almost every game could use an automatic bacon generator.