We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas

It already exists in the game: the tactical tonfa. Has a flashlight, plus a tazer to zap enemies with.

[quote=“Azrad, post:3758, topic:3101”]Search corpse action.

Instead of zombies magically becoming naked upon their first (well, second) death by dropping their loot, you now have to search their bodies first to see what items they hold. Butchering automatically searches the bodies.[/quote]
Implementing this will surely cause all sorts of whining like “oh noes! it adds tedium! burn and then bury this feature immediately!”

[quote=“Valiant, post:3763, topic:3101”][quote=“Azrad, post:3758, topic:3101”]Search corpse action.

Instead of zombies magically becoming naked upon their first (well, second) death by dropping their loot, you now have to search their bodies first to see what items they hold. Butchering automatically searches the bodies.[/quote]
Implementing this will surely cause all sorts of whining like “oh noes! it adds tedium! burn and then bury this feature immediately!”[/quote]

Probably because it does.

Duct taping boarded up/reinforced windows and doors so that its durable and it doesn’t attract the zombies’ attention.

That’s already in game!

It was added to Cataclysm-DDA-LUA (see http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14861.0). Is that what you wanted?

Rigged safes - awesome, you’ve just unlocked the safe… better hope your trapping skill is on point, otherwise you’ll find an active mine to the face!

In fact, be able to activate land mines and toss them! Land mine discus throwing!

It is?

Wind generators/turbines? We can already gather solar energy so why not use wind power too? Since I don’t think the game generates wind speed at all I have no clue how this could work tho…

It was added to Cataclysm-DDA-LUA (see http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14861.0). Is that what you wanted?[/quote]

I’m fine with it. I also want to add on to it;
Language - Start with 100% proficiency in your native language. Learn other languages by getting NPCs to tutor you or reading books. NPCs who speak a language you don’t understand will literally speak in that language. If your character has at least some proficiency in the language, it will be translated to the system language, but the more proficiency, the better.
Example, German NPC:
0% proficiency: Ich arbeite als Hausierer, der um New England reist.
1% proficiency: Me peddler.
50% proficiency: I am peddler in New England.
100% proficiency: I work as a peddler who travels around New England.

Ok, more bad ideas!

Meteor strike - Every turn, there is 1/250000 chance a meteor will hit your map tile and deal thousands of damage. Don’t worry, you’ll be warned to move out of the map tile unless you’ve been blinded. “You see a rock coming down from the sky!” Afterwards, you can mine the meteorite with a pickaxe and get lots of rocks.
Lightning strike - Every turn in lightning storm weather, there is 1/3000 chance you will get hit by lightning. There is no warning, the only way to avoid it is to stay inside a vehicle or a building, or wear (ornamental) plate armour because I remember someone said it was safest to be in plate armour if you get hit by lightning. If you do get hit by lightning, you get shocked with shocker zombie strength, maybe a little more than that. “You got struck by lightning!”
Dig to China - If you manage to get to z level -100, you show up in China, where the cataclysm hasn’t hit yet. You get lots of Chinese NPCs, but none of them are hostile. Also, no migos, mooses, zombies, krecks, etc. There are only Chinese dragons who fly around destroying things and killing people. It’s their own Cataclysm. This might be an endgame goal, to escape to China.

It actually does and it is even more specified by the weather reader bionic. Although I would expect such a power source to be a bit more encumbering on vehichles but should also be craftable from either alternators and or electric motors and metal/wood.

Marital Arts Update:

You can now romance and marry your NPC companions.

Quests involve finding them chocolates and flowers, crafting them jewellery and having a romantic, gasoline-lantern lit meal together.

Perks involve getting kisses and cuddles for + morale. Sleeping in the same bed together has a chance to spawn a new NPC with very low stats and very high hunger.

Read marital as martial… was wondering how cuddles was martial arts. Cuddle fu? Snogkido?

Death by Snu-snu!

Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought that

It was added to Cataclysm-DDA-LUA (see http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14861.0). Is that what you wanted?[/quote]

I’m fine with it. I also want to add on to it;
Language - Start with 100% proficiency in your native language. Learn other languages by getting NPCs to tutor you or reading books. NPCs who speak a language you don’t understand will literally speak in that language. If your character has at least some proficiency in the language, it will be translated to the system language, but the more proficiency, the better.
Example, German NPC:
0% proficiency: Ich arbeite als Hausierer, der um New England reist.
1% proficiency: Me peddler.
50% proficiency: I am peddler in New England.
100% proficiency: I work as a peddler who travels around New England.[/quote]

edited the part i’m not interested in responding to.

i like this honestly, anytime someone talks in a language your character doesn’t know could be output as SGA from commander keen games, it’d be translatable, if you wanted to put in the effort, just like real life but still obscure enough for languages you don’t understand.

How about a malfunctioning bionic that randomly and periodically engages and disengages random toggle-able bionics.

Oh, you’re dodging a giant storm of fire from mil-spec turrets? It would be a shame if your Uncanny Dodge suddenly stopped for some reason.

Oh, you’re using Close Quarters Battle and a Monomolecular Blade to fight a Bio-Operator? It would be a shame if they suddenly cut off for some reason.

Oh, you set that mininuke to detonate in 1 turn, and you’re using Time Dilation to get to a safe distance?

Oh, you’re quantum tunneling through a 72 tile-wide wall of solid stone?

Oh, you didn’t want to use your Sonic Resonator to knock the walls down on you and trap you in place, while also restoring the LoS with those three Hulks that you were running from?

Oh, you didn’t want to burn that folded reinforced leather-padded atomic quantum solar-powered vorpal diamond-coated fully automatic FTK-93 Fusion Mininuke Machinerailgun/Flaming Lightsaber Zweihander+++++++++++++++ in your internal furnace?

The possibilities are endless.

Edit: Flaming Lightsaber Chainsaw Zweihander, sorry.

https://kek.gg/i/52rqKD.jpeg

This ungodly thing.

[quote=“TheKobold, post:3779, topic:3101”]https://kek.gg/i/52rqKD.jpeg

This ungodly thing.[/quote]
We call it the “Survivor’s Swiss Knife”.

I guess that is a mercenarie’s/cdda survivor’s version of the “footdella” or whatever you call this http://chubbybones.com/images/onemanband1.png .