Turrets

[quote=“Kryxx, post:20, topic:10375”]This is why I want Riot Shields in the game.

A full size shield you want behind that blocks fire and you have to ‘wield’ it.

So you could walk up closer. Then toss something over.

I’m not talking about being about to use a weapon and it, I mean literally just it giving a high bash/cut across the board to all areas, as you crouch walk behind it., even a 90% cover on all body parts, or all but the head would be fine.

So at least you can move past where something is shooting at you, and if you want to get closer, and risk a drop+shield, + wield weapon + attack you can… but…[/quote]

There would have to be something implemented for survivors to face certain directions before shields could really be brought in

I still want to bring in my shitty mocked-up “shields as armor” shields though. ;A;

I’m sceptical that the riot shield is going to hold up to 100s of rounds of 9mm…

I guess I’m thinking of a ballistic shield.

I said riot, my brain was thinking the swat style shields.

I’ve found another way that works for me when dealing with turrets. You will require:

1. Vehicle with solid boards in rear part or curtains over anything transparent you have there (to make you non-visible i.o.w.)
  2. Any turret you can mount on (I had a luck to find .50 Browning M2 with 360 ammo on intact APC)
  3. Wing mirrors or security camera mounted on rear part of your car (with control panel of course, you need to see enemy in order to attack it with vehicle mounted gun)

You simply need to back up to the turret until there is like 5 tiles between back of your car and turret. 1-3 rounds of .50 cal is usually enough to blow it up. OR you can use control laptop if you have one to hack it. Up to you.