Turrets

Pesky little things that seem to aim for my messenger bags.

I’m wondering what’s the most ammo efficient way to deal with them.

I’m looking for a reloaded type of ammo that’s not too hard to make.

Bow and arrow.

When you reach lvl 5 or 6 in archery a bow gets really good.

At night you can use rocks or 2by4s.

pebbles for slings and arrows for bow are pretty easy to make, I remember handling a group of turrets once by running over them with my car. bow/sling would require you to get o close to it probably. you try to use like an rc car or some sort of remote gadget.

I’ve a control laptop now, does anyone know the range of these things?

Anyway, the RM228 short shotgun slugs don’t have enough AP for the lab turrets at least, or at least none seemed to penetrate their armor.
The pneumatic bolt driver didn’t seem good either. I’ve used rifles but I had limited ammo of those calibers.
If pebbles can do the job then I guess a pneumatic rifle with bearings would be nice.

Btw, I’m using the experimental build 3542.

pebs wont work, they have no ap.

10 tiles, last time i checked. Turrets have 18 tiles range, be it night or day (they have nightvision now)

[quote=“Murdath, post:4, topic:10375”]I’ve a control laptop now, does anyone know the range of these things?

Anyway, the RM228 short shotgun slugs don’t have enough AP for the lab turrets at least, or at least none seemed to penetrate their armor.
The pneumatic bolt driver didn’t seem good either. I’ve used rifles but I had limited ammo of those calibers.
If pebbles can do the job then I guess a pneumatic rifle with bearings would be nice.

Btw, I’m using the experimental build 3542.[/quote]

The pnuematic will kill them fine (either one) It will take 10 shots or so. It doesn’t have a lot of armor penetration, and the turrets have good armor. So you’ll get a bunch of bounces and low dmg, then a higher one.

Well, the ideal way for me has always been to use emp grenades but those are hard to find.

Any explosive device that you could throw at it would do the trick, provided you could stay out of its firing range or behind cover if you’re in a lab.

if your like me, and put 4 skill points into computers, then u should mark the place on the map where the turret is (assuming its above ground) and visit ur local missile silo.

In labs, you can push a piece of furniture up to them*, the back up a bit and offset by one and throw stuff at them until they die. Outside, for some reason, that seems not to work, as they will shoot at you anyway, eventually punching through the furniture and hitting you. Not sure why the difference.

*This uses the same targeting logic that allows the turrets to shoot at you when you open the door from an angle and can’t even see them. I hate that, but at least you can use it back on them.

In general, cover and EMP grenades work best. Or anything that allows you the luxury of indirect fire. A simple pavise-style vehicle using boards can help.

Failing that, a decent rifle will slowly but steadily wear them down from a safe distance.

Shooting turrets with my heavyrailgun is what i do.
Its definatly not an early game solution… and i admitedly do it mostly for fun.

But nothing cures turretitis like some .30-06. X3

A solution would be luring zome z near the turrets in the night then throwing a noise maker on the turrets.
FUN.

You already get similar fun with military outpots, since zombie soldiers frequently spawn there.

Also, I really wish that the military professions came with profession traits to make military-grade AI ignore them, like with police professions and police AI.

It may be a similiar outcome … but i want to stress the cause here. I am the cause of theire demise. Seeing things die is extra fun if i am to blame .

Sniping counts as doing that yourself too. o3o

One other way I’ve dealt with (non-military) turrets outside: stack up on clothes and get them to fire at me at max range. They have 100 bullets, and they generally shoot 8-ish per burst, so get them to shoot at you 12 to 15 times (backing off in between to repair clothing and heal as necessary), and you’re good. Leaves the light source, that way, too, and you can come back later and use a control laptop.

Or you could don power armor, walk over to them, and fist them. :V

Nice ideas, I can do most of those. Too bad about the noise emitter, I can’t seem to find that recipe.
I have an FB15 optical cloak now too, I wonder if turrets have infrared vision or if they should.

This is why I want Riot Shields in the game.

A full size shield you want behind that blocks fire and you have to ‘wield’ it.

So you could walk up closer. Then toss something over.

I’m not talking about being about to use a weapon and it, I mean literally just it giving a high bash/cut across the board to all areas, as you crouch walk behind it., even a 90% cover on all body parts, or all but the head would be fine.

So at least you can move past where something is shooting at you, and if you want to get closer, and risk a drop+shield, + wield weapon + attack you can… but…