The welding goggles dilemma!

So I got a base with all the smithing equipment and other stuff … the only thing holding me back is the lack of welding googles, so I can start my moving-home project…and I don’t see any type of building were I could find them, exploring is going to take a long time and 3/4 routes of exploring are cut short by spoiler species and the city that’s full of hulks and brutes.

[spoiler]When i am saying spoiler species i am looking at ants and fungaloids....and there is a river, sooooo the bridges full with them. YES there are 2-3 bridges that cross the river...YES they are full only by one species ..so no infighting.[/spoiler]

I have lv 3 mechanics and at least 6 in fab … that makes me to wonder … is spray paint on some safety-glasses and 20 units of duct tape all that different from 3-4 sunglasses and the HOLE role of duct tape? I am on the brink of crafting some without using the in game crafting recipe and just deleting the items that I think would do the same thing and spawning a pair in.

What do you guys think, i don’t want to cheat and i don’t know if the recipe is the way it is to balance some stuff…maybe a survivor that has build a makeshift welder, an anvil, read tons of books and has 3 working cars outside the base isn’t ready to start welding? Or there was no need for multiple recipes for the same item?

Also I don’t know if this is the right place to talk about it, but i think it falls under gameplay…or at least general discussion.

(Sorry for any bad english !)

If you’ve killed any firefighter zombies they might drop the PBA mask. Useful damage protection, high environmental protection, anti glare, and looks cool (I imagine). Turn power on to reduce encumbrance.

Oh, never saw the lv2 glare protection…but even so i don’t think i saw it on them, because i would unload the battery. Still, I would like to hear if what I was thinking is somewhat considered cheating.

And i know that we have different opinion on what is cheating, i am not sure myself and i am asking others.

TY for pointing the lv2 protection out on the PBA mask ,will keep an eye out for firefighters. :slight_smile:

Are you having trouble finding all of the necessary components for the welding goggles?

Duct Tape can be made with high enough skill (either fabrication or cooking), thread, rags, and superglue. Superglue can be made with cooking, and water + blob globs or bleach. Thread can be made by disassembling short strings or rags.

Safety Glasses can be made from plastic bottles and long strings. Long strings can be acquired by tearing down curtains (examine the closed curtains) or removing seatbelts from cars (requires a screwdriver and 1 mechanics), then disassembling them.

The only thing that can’t be made is the spray can. Those can be found in basements on occasion, in dumpsters behind bars, liquor stores, and restaurants, in trash cans in front of houses, and quite commonly in street sweepers.

To directly answer your question though, if you mean using the debug menu to spawn a pair in, then I do believe that would be cheating, but I’m not going to tell you how to play.

Labs commonly have them… along with lots of other useful things. Any labs you can get to?

a car is not just a mode of transport, but a weapon. run a hulk over, jump out pulp it’s corpse, then explore the area it was guarding.

The street sweepers often have a spray can and some other junk thats rare to need but also a pain to find or craft any other way like the steel chain

I’ve found the usb with the hack software on it in sweepers several times, too. Also, I found the elf-a serum book in there a time or two (never any of the others, though).

[quote=“mentos046, post:4, topic:13885”]Are you having trouble finding all of the necessary components for the welding goggles?

Duct Tape can be made with high enough skill (either fabrication or cooking), thread, rags, and superglue. Superglue can be made with cooking, and water + blob globs or bleach. Thread can be made by disassembling short strings or rags.

Safety Glasses can be made from plastic bottles and long strings. Long strings can be acquired by tearing down curtains (examine the closed curtains) or removing seatbelts from cars (requires a screwdriver and 1 mechanics), then disassembling them.

The only thing that can’t be made is the spray can. Those can be found in basements on occasion, in dumpsters behind bars, liquor stores, and restaurants, in trash cans in front of houses, and quite commonly in street sweepers.

To directly answer your question though, if you mean using the debug menu to spawn a pair in, then I do believe that would be cheating, but I’m not going to tell you how to play.[/quote]

Not really.I only need the spray can, and ty for telling me were to find it. :slight_smile:

Nope, its really tight in here, no labs, only bunkers and there were no zombies soldiers to get the id card from.

Yes, that’s what i did… till one of my cars broke down and was forced to abandon it, the rest of the cars that are working are in very bad condition, ( front wheels are red and yellow, controls and seat red or engine yellow ) that’s why i am in this dilemma. Ty for taking time out of your day to answer. :slight_smile:

Never knew that, i’ll be looking in to them more often now. TY!

I’ve found the usb with the hack software on it in sweepers several times, too. Also, I found the elf-a serum book in there a time or two (never any of the others, though).[/quote]

Noted for the late game. If i won’t die till then. :slight_smile:

Found it, it was in the sweeper! + lighters and other good stuff :smiley: