Sudafed bombs

Apparently druggies make methaphetamine out of sudafed with something called ‘shake and bake’ and this is highly flammable and explosive. So those of you adding drugs and such. how about sudafed bombs? could work with the chemistry set.

Someone’s been watching Breaking Bad.

It doesn’t work that way, though, not in a way you could weaponize very well.

how about ammonia and chlorine hydrogen explosives?

“explosive” is kind of a misnomer in the reaction I think you’re talking about. you see videos of it “exploding” on youtube in people’s backyards because they’re creating a gasseous reaction in a sealed container, which builds up pressure and then bursts

ammonia and bleach create an incredibly toxic gas (mustard gas, actually) that is definitely harmful to anything that breathes it but it doesn’t explode in fiery devastation. as a thing you could create and then throw to create your own deadly smoker-type clouds it would be cool, though.

being able to craft our own thermite to melt through reinforced metal doors on labs, bases, and banks would be pretty cool too, while we’re talking about easily improvised and effective chemical reactants.

Umm… You can already do this. That’s basically exactly what you are doing when you make your own tear-gas canisters.

Contrary to the in-game text, mixing bleach and ammonia produces hydrochloric acid and chlorine gas in its primary reaction, not bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide gas (sulfur mustard).

Bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide (sulfur mustard gas to us civilians) is a powerful, lethal vesicant. It blisters the skin in moments, corrodes the lungs in a single breath, and can melt your eyeballs into gooey blindness in a matter of seconds.

Sulfur mustard really nasty stuff, but it’s still a far cry from the hydrochloric acid, gaseous chlorine, chloramine, and hydrazine compounds released by mixing ammonia with bleach.

tl;dr - Don’t mix bleach and ammonia IRL, it doesn’t make mustard gas, but it does make poison!

so, basically, all things that more or less don’t matter to the undead

I’m trying to remember what the other common household toxic gas de jour is actually called chemically.

You use toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil to get some sort of aluminum oxide or other.

What we really need is the ultra lethal combination of diet coke and mentos, or pop rocks. No survivors.

zombies dont work that way either. adds a bit of humor to the game.

If this were df:
“you pin the zombie with your left pinkie toe”
“you pour the packet of mentos down the zombie throat”
“You jam the bottle of diet coke in the zombie throat”
“the zombie explodes, sending bone fragments in all directions”
“the spinning bone fragment decapitates the zombie” x15
"Your xiphoid process is shoved through your left lung by the spinning bone fragment"

alternative crafting recipe

Cooking 10
reguires:
safety glasses
rubber gloves
hazmat suit

materials
soda
mentos OR pop rocks

Results
mininuke(armed)

[quote=“An0n3, post:8, topic:3350”]I’m trying to remember what the other common household toxic gas de jour is actually called chemically.

You use toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil to get some sort of aluminum oxide or other.[/quote]

6HCl+4Al—>2Al2Cl3+3H2

hydrochloric acid toilet cleaner + aluminum foil = aqueous aluminium chloride and hydrogen gas

Hydrogen is colorless, odorless, and non-toxic - though it is insanely flammable.

That’s the stuff.

With some sort of ignition mechanism, a recipe for aluminum can + bottle of disinfectant potent acid = hand grenade might be kinda cool and loosely represent that.

Theoretically you could catch the resultant gas in a sealable, breakable container and then simply wrap a fuse around the outside.

Light fuse, throw jar of gas at solid surface - instant Hindenburg scenario.

Duct tape some nails or scrap metal around the outside of the jar and now’re we’re talking appropriate zombie shredder.

The problem here isn’t that the chemicals in question aren’t able to explode with sufficient force. The problem is that they are actually too eager to do so.

Conventional high explosives are really stable; notably, you can set C4 on fire, and it just burns. You need something special to make it explode, and that guarantees that it only explodes when you want it to.

Stuff like this can and does explode, but it does so unpredictably and randomly, and there’s not much you can do to control when it does, since it’s a ‘spontaneous reaction on contact with air’ thing. If you are in a position where you can get a burning fuse in contact with the mix, it’s already in a position where it might randomly explode and kill you. That, more than anything else, is why this isn’t really a viable weapon.

Of course, you might still include something like this as a possible drug-making recipe (if/when hazardous recipe failures get implemented)… just not as a weapon.

Now we’re gonna see:

“Rivets explosives package”.

[quote=“Rivet, post:12, topic:3350”][quote=“An0n3, post:8, topic:3350”]I’m trying to remember what the other common household toxic gas de jour is actually called chemically.

You use toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil to get some sort of aluminum oxide or other.[/quote]

6HCl+4Al—>2Al2Cl3+3H2

hydrochloric acid toilet cleaner + aluminum foil = aqueous aluminium chloride and hydrogen gas

Hydrogen is colorless, odorless, and non-toxic - though it is insanely flammable.[/quote]

I think some of the hi-tech guns and the plasma engine are using hydrogen as fuel source. Could be useful recipe. The main problem would be how one would believably load it into storage, as I imagine wrestling hydrogen molecules one by one with your bare hands into galon jugs quite… strange.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:17, topic:3350”]Now we’re gonna see:

“Rivets explosives package”.[/quote]

It could happen.

I’ve already added match head bombs prior to this thread.

Indeed it’s a lot harder than you’d imagine.

You are going to gawk at this with some of the other recipes out there? :smiley: Meh, besides, I think you should be able to find the necessary equipment in some of the labs or a factory somewhere. shrugs I mean, it’s not like you have the entire world just sitting out there for the taking or anything. :stuck_out_tongue: