Tear gas was too deadly

I just get suffocate by tear gas, will I switch the 40MM tear grenade by mistake, make whole room full load gas,

I was get affect by the gas and lost sighting and I try very harder to get out the room, then once I’m on outside, I try to use royal jelly to cure the affect but it only cure my sighting

them I found some oxygen tank founded on zombie corpses, and try to cure the tear gas affect, but it still dosn’t work, then I try disinfectant before medical supplies runs out

and it still dosn’t work, at the end, I killed by the tear gas…

the samething can also happen on the toxic gas if player stand in for too long, I been watching this problem for too long, like start on 0.9 I believe

so I think this is how “gas inhale” stystem work for now, If player keep standing on the gas field, that “gas inhale” number will be keep increase, and it has no limited

so if people keep inhale those gas, them will affected like few day, mabye even few months, so I can live will that.

but I still can’t accept to get suffocate to death by tear gas, isn’t those stuff supposed to be a non-lethal weapon? and worse thing is, there is no cure… I tried, not even the royal jelly can cure tear gas.

I agree that tear gas shouldn’t be deadly. I mean if you’re low enough on health I can see it MAYBE killing you if it’s in a very high concentration, but right now it behaves almost like toxic gas.

Then again…it sort of IS toxic gas. You can craft a tear gas canister using ammonia and bleach, which IRL makes Chlorine Gas + other toxic compounds.

I looked on the wiki, and it shouldn’t be THAT deadly. You have a 33% chance every turn to cough, which has a chance to make you lose 3 torso hp.

I think it should be slightly less likely to hurt you. I mean if you stand in a cloud unprotected I can see you taking some damage, but it shouldn’t “Linger” as it does now.

Probably the best way to fix this is just to make it so that coughing can’t take your torso health below a certain amount unless it’s very serious. That should cut down on the “smoke is OP” problem as well.

Harmful coughing could be rebalanced to instead drain stamina and oxygen, cause more pain and only cause damage when it can’t drain any stamina.

Having no stamina regeneration in the middle of a fight would be more painful than just taking light damage.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:4, topic:9560”]Harmful coughing could be rebalanced to instead drain stamina and oxygen, cause more pain and only cause damage when it can’t drain any stamina.

Having no stamina regeneration in the middle of a fight would be more painful than just taking light damage.[/quote]
That would work too, and is probably a better solution. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Toybasher, post:2, topic:9560”]I agree that tear gas shouldn’t be deadly. I mean if you’re low enough on health I can see it MAYBE killing you if it’s in a very high concentration, but right now it behaves almost like toxic gas.

Then again…it sort of IS toxic gas. You can craft a tear gas canister using ammonia and bleach, which IRL makes Chlorine Gas + other toxic compounds.

I looked on the wiki, and it shouldn’t be THAT deadly. You have a 33% chance every turn to cough, which has a chance to make you lose 3 torso hp.

I think it should be slightly less likely to hurt you. I mean if you stand in a cloud unprotected I can see you taking some damage, but it shouldn’t “Linger” as it does now.[/quote]

It’s “not that deadly” in an everyday context. A cloud of chloramine aerosol will fuck you up royaly, but would also not need much more than a dust mask to bring the danger levels back down to “you mixed bleach and ammonia in a bucket, you dumbass”. Unless I forgot all my high school chemistry, there shouldn’t be much/any chlorine gas present.

There is no ‘cure’ for tear gas. Mainly because its actually a stimulant that acts on the nerves of the lacrymal gland in the eyes to cause tears, pain, vomiting, and even blindness. It and other Lachrymatory agents (the family of which Tear/CS gas is a member) are commonly used for riot control. But their use in warfare is prohibited by various international treaties.

Though I’m kind of curious as to why you were carrying around tear gas grenades and an underbarrel launcher in the first place, its useless against zombies in my experience and would be overkill against insects or wildlife.

[quote=“Shopkeeper, post:7, topic:9560”]There is no ‘cure’ for tear gas. Mainly because its actually a stimulant that acts on the nerves of the lacrymal gland in the eyes to cause tears, pain, vomiting, and even blindness. It and other Lachrymatory agents (the family of which Tear/CS gas is a member) are commonly used for riot control. But their use in warfare is prohibited by various international treaties.

Though I’m kind of curious as to why you were carrying around tear gas grenades and an underbarrel launcher in the first place, its useless against zombies in my experience and would be overkill against insects or wildlife.[/quote]
Other survivors maybe? Throwing one in middle of triffids is also easy way to get rid of them without ruining the corpses.

Also any kind of smoke field will obliterate your scent trail, so they’re handy for that.

I really like replacing the damage with suppressing stamina regen!