Ammonia/Bleach=Drinks (Yum Yum!)

The fact that ammonia and bleach are considered drinks of all things slightly scares me, but it’s still quite funny.

[URL=http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Edryad/media/Untitled_zps70ac56b3.png.html][/URL]

I’d rather not mistake ammonia as a can of tasty soda if you don’t mind <3

I like how I can burn 5 screwdrivers and some mutagen then cook my meat over the resulting fire.

I miss lightning.

IMO they should be drinks, but only if your morale is low enough…

Eh, I’m in the “Really Perform This Dangerous Action?” camp. Y’know, that thinks there should be warnings when you do things that serve no useful purpose and could possibly kill you.

Yeah a warning would be nice, although it does serve the purpose of helping hasten your departure from a world of despair and loneliness in which no one truly understands the pain and torment i experience every day :’(

Ooohh…This is one of those gallows humor things that makes you laugh and then cringe at how insensitive you are. You are hereby awarded one internets! :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, bleach and ammonia should probably be able to be drunk (after all this is a rougelike, you should be able to do just about anything you want to) but should probably get a warning message to stop you from doing it accidentally.

Yeah, to be honest I’ve always wondered why they were in the food/drinks menu.

Clearly you don’t understand the ennui of my existence :frowning:

At really low morale or drunk, their item ids should change to things like:

Beer?
Gallon Jug of water?

Or if you have the schizo trait, it changes into tasty things like Twizzlers n stuff.

Honestly, bleach/ammonia need to kill you FASTER.

I downed a full jug yesterday in DDA when trying to commit suicide. Nothing happened for 2 hours after the initial food poisoning!

Aren’t they supposed to do something if you have some sort of digestive system implant?

[quote=“kilozombie, post:10, topic:1350”]Honestly, bleach/ammonia need to kill you FASTER.

I downed a full jug yesterday in DDA when trying to commit suicide. Nothing happened for 2 hours after the initial food poisoning![/quote]

“Bug: ammonia/bleach not fatal enough” - well that’s a new one!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for being able to create mustard gas in your gut via liquid detergents. I was thinking they should be labeled as “other” instead of a “food/drink”. Sure you can drink it, but it would fit better under “other” where all the other crafting reagents are. Accidentally drinking yourself to death is another worry of mine. I know it’s only a matter of time before I do that

[quote=“MassiveEffectz, post:9, topic:1350”]At really low morale or drunk, their item ids should change to things like:

Beer?
Gallon Jug of water?

Or if you have the schizo trait, it changes into tasty things like Twizzlers n stuff.[/quote]

drunk and schizo should be this. item’s start randomizing names. you eat a shoe thinking it’s a hunk of jerky.

and yeah, label the chems ‘other’ so we can stop drinking them on accident… I look for ‘gallon’ but forget that bleach is in with water and food…quite a surprise there.

[quote=“Nopkar, post:14, topic:1350”][quote=“MassiveEffectz, post:9, topic:1350”]At really low morale or drunk, their item ids should change to things like:

Beer?
Gallon Jug of water?

Or if you have the schizo trait, it changes into tasty things like Twizzlers n stuff.[/quote]

drunk and schizo should be this. item’s start randomizing names. you eat a shoe thinking it’s a hunk of jerky.

and yeah, label the chems ‘other’ so we can stop drinking them on accident… I look for ‘gallon’ but forget that bleach is in with water and food…quite a surprise there.[/quote]
Implement it, now =)

i dont mean to necro this thread but i was searching in the forum as to why bleach and ammonia DONT make mustard gas, especially when it says it in the description. i tried pouring them both on the ground, i tried mixing them in a bottle and it wouldnt let me, i tried pouring one on the ground and setting a bottle of the other on top and then shooting at it but i dont think you can shoot open containers, or maybe my accuracy just sucked, i tried with a USP 9mm. is there some special way to “mix” them in order to achieve this effect, or is that just not implemented? do you think mustard gas would even affect zombies? i mean i suppose it is pretty acidic but besides that, the whole not breathing, undead thing… just wondering. also wanted to quote this and wondering why it hasnt seen its way in :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“MassiveEffectz, post:9, topic:1350”]At really low morale or drunk, their item ids should change to things like:

Beer?
Gallon Jug of water?

It doesn’t make mustard gas because, contrary to the in-game text, mixing bleach and ammonia produces chlorine gas and not bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide gas (sulfur mustard).

Though it still doesn’t model it in the game, either way.

[quote=“Rivet, post:17, topic:1350”]It doesn’t make mustard gas because, contrary to the in-game text, mixing bleach and ammonia produces chlorine gas and not bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide gas (sulfur mustard).

Though it still doesn’t model it in the game, either way.[/quote]

Kinda does: Ammonia & bleach can be crafted into tear gas canisters. TMYK.

Another tidbit of info, zombies have the dont_breathe flag, which means they are unaffected by any gasseous agents (smoke, teargas, poison gas, etc.), both chlorine and mustard gas would have no effect.
Well, except that they can’t see through them… so no matter how dangerous the gas, it falls back to being a smokescreen with respect to zombies.

Still a pretty far stretch from sulfur mustard.

Bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide (sulfur mustard gas) is a powerful, lethal vesicant. It blisters the skin in moments, corrodes the lungs in a single breath, and can melt your eyeballs into gooey blindness in a matter of seconds.

2-Chlorobenzalmalononitrile (CS gas) causes severe, shot-term irritation to mucous membranes.

Heck of a difference, but regardless of that, they’re still a far cry from the hydrochloric acid, gaseous chlorine, chloramine, and hydrazine compounds released by mixing ammonia with bleach - which will both irritate mucous membranes as well as kill you, but not in quite the same way as either of the aforementioned chemical weapons.