[SPOILERS] Your Base

While I support dumping all the work on acidia =), adding new camp layouts should be possible by only editing json. Camp lay-outs and upgrade chains should exist only in json. The only possible tricky bit is that if you have the option of building 3 different base camp layouts, it may not be possible to remove the 2 you didn’t select.

It would be great to be able to choose a better basic camp design. A tent in a field and some makeshift beds is possibly appropriate for a starting survivor and his two friends, but my survivor is very skilled and has lots of resources, and would have been fine with starting with a wooden building or similar.

One possible minor issue I’ve run into while playing: if I’m paying my NPCs with food, would it be possible for them to be fed when they return from camp missions? It feels like double-dipping when I have to pay them to do the mission, and then immediately feed them again when they return to being a companion. Though maybe that’s not actually happening and I’m just losing track of who I sent out when and who wanted food.

1 Like

Ya, alternate camp are best left for mods for now. You can straight write over the building json for the camp and the game shouldn’t notice. You’d probably also want to write over the building recipes but that comes to two jsons you need to overwrite.

I haven’t touched the NPC needs mod stuff but it should probably just freeze their hunger for the duration of the mission so they come back in their same state.