Silly Things In Cataclysm That Make You Laugh

Wut. How? Nevermind I don’t want to know.

*Bows to the master sensei*[/quote]

After many moons of throwing rocks at squirrels, you too can reach sensei level, young grasshopper.

Aside from spork-throwing fun, I can also kill zombears with throwing knives before they detect me and take out turrets from outside their firing range with broom javelins.

WAT

Speaking of skills, have you EVER tried to grind unarmed to 22 and then using the Drunken Master technique?

You’re literally invincible.
Not a single damn enemy can hit you.
The only thing better is Centipede Style to the point when hit takes 1 god damn turn and you can literally deliver enough damage to a tankbot before he manages to shoot you.

WAT[/quote]
CATA

Im so sorry… i had to.

Im so sorry… i had to.

This is what happens when you bring a tank to a mele fight

Potential spoilers I suppose:

[spoiler]Funny fact, it’s a trivial matter to perform an emergency containment release in a lab, but you need network authorization (networks which are down) to do an emergency cleanse.

These people had Shoggoths locked in containment, surely they knew how bad it would be if the ‘cleansing’ system couldn’t be activated quickly, it’s a hilarious insight into the general MO of these research companies, who would rather let their entire staff get eaten by monsters than lose the opportunity to experiment on them.[/spoiler]

re containment: that’s intentional, similar to any number of fictional evil corporations. see generally: Alien series, Iria, Blade Runner, Robocop.

WAT[/quote]

Maybe I should have clarified: I’m not actually throwing brooms, I’m throwing iron javelins. I’ve reached the point in the game where I’m strong enough to be particular and weird about what I do, so I limit myself to only throwing smaller objects like throwing knives for most things, and I can only make the stronger iron javelins if I use brooms and mops to craft them, not sticks or 2x4s.

Zombie pheromones, Yes, i am OBVIOUSLY a zombie, go attack your afterlife-long friends because I squished a ball made of YOUR FLESH

The description of Lutefisk.
"… it is reminiscent of the afterbirth of a dog or the world’s largest chunk of phlegm."

Tasty.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:71, topic:6296”]The description of Lutefisk.
"… it is reminiscent of the afterbirth of a dog or the world’s largest chunk of phlegm."

Tasty.[/quote]
Wait, there’s Lutefisk in the game?

We need some Surströmming.

-100 moral upon consumption
Because seriously, it smells fucking terrible.
You-accidentally-spilled-some-on-the-carpet-get-the-entire-thing-replaced terrible.

The game chiding me for trying to lay out a bedroll at my feet.

Don’t ever try to close a door on yourself, then.

Don’t ever try to close a door on yourself, then.[/quote]

Because laughter is bad? :slight_smile: But seriously, I figure a tile is somewhere around 2m across, putting a bedroll down where you’re standing shouldn’t be a problem. However, because the game uses the trap-setting mechanism for placing it, Cata tells me that this is an action too unsafe to contmplate.

I didn’t check, but I suspect that putting a funnel at your feet gets the same warning.

Huh… never put a trap item at my feet before.

Picking up a mininuke(active) from an NPC I debug killed, not realizing that bombs have apparently been fixed so that active bombs dropped by NPCs will actually go off.

[quote=“Fish, post:24, topic:6296”]Gotta love them NPCs.
'specialy when they give you lit dynmite or sit in the corner of your shelter staring at you.
Its both funny and sad to see them suicide-charge a horde wielding a toilet paper roll.[/quote]

I honestly saw an NPC slaughter a few dozen Zed’s with a jar of pickles.

NPCs Came here to do 2 things, Kick some ass, and chew some bubble gum, and theyre all out of… oh wait hes smashing a hulk into fleshy bits with bubble gum

NPCs Came here to do 2 things, Kick some ass, and chew some bubble gum, and theyre all out of… oh wait hes smashing a hulk into fleshy bits with bubble gum[/quote]
Nah, they need sunglasses for that reference.
And a bank.

And Rowdy Roddy Piper.