Shoggoths

Sometimes, there’s situation where you can destroy very strong enemy with bad equipment but it needs few turns while this enemy can kill you just in 2-3 turns. And you can’t run away from it or you’re blocked. So, that’s situation when taser makes sense. There’re enemies which are faster than you and Time Dilation CBM is too rare and expensive, but now you’re about to die.

That’s kind of funny. You “kill” Shoggoth in a similar fashion in Dark Corners of the Earth, though in that game, the “tazer” is much larger.

In Call of Chtulhu taser is not a taser. It some kind of energy weapon, but not taser.

In a very loud voice
EXCUSE ME FRIEND BUT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE JOKE.

I’m not referring to neither Hydra nor the Yith Weapon. It’s much earlier in the game, when you storm the factory with J. Edgar Hoover.

I killed one with +70 katana strikes with an electro shock cbm.

Stunning prevents regeneration? now that is a bug.

And this thread makes me happy. :smiley:

Now imagine the Shoggoth sprouting and absorbing both limbs and mutations randomly, sprawling across the multiple tiles as it consumes matter to fuel it’s cancerous, unstable, weaponized growths.

Oh… oh yes…

They actually aren’t terribly scary, as they’re quite slow (which they ought to be) and can’t destroy doors. They’re more like semi-unkillable lumps. They’d be scarier if they destroyed objects to pursue you, but I wouldn’t boost their offense without reducing their regeneration.

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:28, topic:5410”]Now imagine the Shoggoth sprouting and absorbing both limbs and mutations randomly, sprawling across the multiple tiles as it consumes matter to fuel it’s cancerous, unstable, weaponized growths.

Oh… oh yes…[/quote]
Whatever you say, System Shock Mutant.

That would also destroy labs quite quickly. :slight_smile: Esp currently when the destroy objects mechanics uses the hulk ones, and it is errors on the side of overkill.

True, I forgot I’d found it in a containment room that couldn’t possibly have held it if it could destroy objects.

That would also destroy labs quite quickly. :slight_smile: Esp currently when the destroy objects mechanics uses the hulk ones, and it is errors on the side of overkill.[/quote]

I am not sure, but I think Jabberwocks have a destroy terrain ability that is slightly more controlled. (I think they can destroy certain things like the weaker walls but will be stopped by metal ones)

EDIT: Nope. Opps thats false. They just prefere pathing through the metal walls instead of destroying them. Sorry.

One of them just destroyed it’s own containement cell’s doors in a lab and escaped. Tried to shot it down with an assault rifle and incendiary ammo, but it was always ‘‘unarmed’’. Tried with the Rivtech’s RM20 Autoshotgun with the 20x66 incendiary ammo on automatic fire, apparently 4 shots per turn, for 5 turns, are not enough. Tried again with frag ammo and explosive ammo, same result. Finally I shot it down istantly with a LAW rocket launcher.

Proven method: Luck

One of these things survived C-4. SEEEEEEEE-FOOOOOOOUUURRRRR

C-4 is quite heavily underbalanced.

Also, shoggoth hp can rise indefinitely based on volume of items it consumes. With enough corpses, it can survive any single attack, including a mininuke/ANFO explosion or a headshot from a LAW.

Does tricking them into walking over a goo pit trap still turn them into a blob? Has that been changed?

Nope. Goo pits will still turn them blobby.

Here’s the things I know that can definitely kill a shoggoth

katana or wakizashi
-needs niten or ninjutsu for maximum effect

martial arts; krav maga, scorpion, centipede, muay thai, tiger
-needs strength to be at least 30, so hydraulic muscles are a must. also need to be at full stamina. tiger claws, punch dagger, bionic claws or monomolecular blade handy as well. if scorpion style is being used, you need to corner it so it won’t be knocked back. if you lack hydraulic muscles, time dilation will suffice.

recoilless rifle
-one rocket should do.

heavy rail rifle
-about a full clip is enough

goo pit

lava or fire won’t kill them alone.

N-N-N-N-N-NEEEEECCCROOOOOOOOOO!!!