Riding Horses

Well I asked about horses earlier and it seems they have little use but to kill and ummm add to your kill statistics… but wouldn’t horses become a more common solution in this world… they don’t need fuel just feed which wouldn’t be as commonly raided as fuel would. Also got to consider they could pass through the woods easily not having to tip toe through shrubs and such. I found a saddle but of course come to find out they are actually for motorcycles… so why not be able to saddle a horse and ride it about, getting a speed bonus and the ability to store stuff on it. Maybe a small amount of stuff. I grew up around horses, they are easy to work with, should be real easy to tame, strong and usually loyal. It would be nice to see these characteristics in your horse. When dismounting the horse it should follow you 1 or 2 spaces back. If damaged nearly to death they should flee.

Well of course we want rideable horses.

But coding’s a bitch…

How?
Just make them into motorcycles where they use grass as food. And all you need to do is put them on a field to feed done. This would be really good.

But an actual animal would be better, since health would be better seen through that.

A good counter measure is that they get scared when they see a shrieker, electric, brute and any noisy/large/scary zombie. Forcing you to dismount, or having the horse flee. Although I like the idea of making armour for your horse and charging in wielding a spear.

if a motorcycle that eats grass is good enough for you, get a motorcycle, and wish in some gas to refuel it with from time to time.
as for me, I’m not adding it to the game unless it actually works like a horse.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:4, topic:5683”]if a motorcycle that eats grass is good enough for you, get a motorcycle, and wish in some gas to refuel it with from time to time.
as for me, I’m not adding it to the game unless it actually works like a horse.[/quote]

Yeeeeahhh im not looking for a steel horse… maybe a bionic one, but id prefer it work and act like a living breathing thing and much of a companion

Just speaking on companions… you outta consider adding a function to cats/dogs that allow you to talk to them… i mean in real life i talk to my dog which she seems to understand me more than i’d expect… i figure if i had a dog id probably talk to it a whole lot more in these lonely ass situations…All i imagine is something as simple as fallout 3’s animal that you can speak to, just saying “hey bud” getting a “Ruuuuuff!” back or scolding it would respond in a whine.

Its not really worth a whole new thread just curious if its on the todo list or not?

not on my todo, can’t speak for others.
it should be quite easy to do though.