Repairing a broken wheel

When removing a wheel, you need a wrench and a jack. But you can repair a broken wheel(grayed out) with only a wrench and a new wheel.

The image this evokes is some kind of loony tunes thing where you pull off the old wheel and slap on a new one before the car realizes it should fall.

Testing this, I repaired a broken 19" car wheel with a 14" car wheel and the result was a 20" car wheel. Is this intended behavior?

About this, are you SURE that there was not a 20’’ wheel nearby? Afaik when you add/replace a wheel, game chooses from all possible available wheels, the one nearer to your position.
To verify check if the 14’’ wheel is still in its place. If it is, i think there is no problem here.

[quote=“Malkeus, post:1, topic:10253”]When removing a wheel, you need a wrench and a jack. But you can repair a broken wheel(grayed out) with only a wrench and a new wheel.

The image this evokes is some kind of loony tunes thing where you pull off the old wheel and slap on a new one before the car realizes it should fall.[/quote]
I agree, this should get fixed

About this, are you SURE that there was not a 20’’ wheel nearby? Afaik when you add/replace a wheel, game chooses from all possible available wheels, the one nearer to your position.
To verify check if the 14’’ wheel is still in its place. If it is, i think there is no problem here.[/quote]

I used the debug menu to spawn in a wheel to confirm what I was seeing. I went back and did that again and apparently the menu will spawn a random wheel that has nothing to do with what it displays on screen, so I’m gonna withdraw that statement. The debug menu probably spawned in a 20" wheel and I didn’t notice. Thanks for catching that :wink:

I just tested again and it replaces the wheel with what’s available, no jack required. It feels cheaty when repairing a broken wheels. Also, it seems a little unlikely that repairing a damaged wheel without a jack would work (safely). As it is now, it feels like I’m welding/taping another wheel to the side of the existing wheel.
Step one to doing anything to a wheel irl, aside from obvious stuff like cleaning or putting air in it, is always take the weight off the assembly.