Welder needed to install a wheel?

It’s a bit (well, a lot) stupid, what kind of wheel would need a welder to mount it on a car ? Or ducttape…
Please remove the need for a welder to change wheels :slight_smile:

There’s a “change tire” command that doesn’t take a welder.
When you’re installing a wheel using the install command, you’re adding not just the wheel, but the axle and everything like that.

Hey now that would’ve been nice to know a thousand tire changes ago. I always did wonder what those bolts nuts on the rims were for. Sorry for any typos, because clearly I’m blind.

hmm, so i need a jack and wrench to remove a wheel, but i need a jack, a wrench and a welder to install it ? Doesn’t make much sense.

You don’t care about that axle sticking out when you remove the wheel. That’s why you don’t need a hacksaw to remove a wheel.

Well, a jack or a certain amount of strength. Which is useful, because MMR can lift a car (but not the Solar Roller).

You don’t care about that axle sticking out when you remove the wheel. That’s why you don’t need a hacksaw to remove a wheel.[/quote]But you still need a welder to re-attach a wheel after you’ve removed it.

I think vehicles as a whole can use a bit of complexifying in that regard. A box with wheels is a bit too silly. We need some kind of drivetrain, even if you won’t necessarily have to physically connect it up. I.e. make wheels incapable of being attached directly to the chassis, instead require that a mount of some sort is present first. A simple wooden (2x4) or metal (pipe) axle would be easy to attach for starting players, so construction of basic carts and wheelbarrows won’t suffer much. Some more work will be required to make a wheel powered or steerable with DIY parts, though salvaged suspension parts from broken cars should be abundant. Could work some more limitations for mobile fortresses into it, like requiring a certain total strength of the drivetrain parts for a given mass of vehicle, to add to the traction changes proposed elsewhere.