[RELEASE] Wehrmacht Pride [VERSION 0.2]

[b][u][center][size=36pt]Wehrmacht Pride![/size][/center]

[b][center][size=14pt]WARNING![/size][/center]
[center]This mod contains items from the World War Two period, the Axis side, please be aware of that![/center]
[center]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn7Nxnr1bNs[/center]

[b][u][center][size=36pt]ABOUT:[/size][/center]
[center][size=14pt]To be honest, I always thought it would be fun to have some World War Two themed items in the game, and who better to add then the Axis powers - the Wehrmacht! In a nutshell this mod adds some new items in to the game, you can check them out in the spoiler tag below![/size][/center]

[center]PLEASE NOTE:[/center]
[center]I am EXTREMLY new to modding, this is infact, my first mod, I have never dabbled with anything before, a few things to note, the code is extremely raw, second, I am still working on things, e.g. the weight of items, hence why it’s EXTREMLY light. Oh uh also, CDDA doesn’t like German lettering for some reason, hence why some of the letters are not real lettering. Oh uh also, slight disclaimer, I made this for fun, to add new stuff, I am not trying to offend anyone, just play and enjoy.
[/center]

[center][size=18pt]DOWNLOAD:[/size][/center]
[center]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b7xw6537eypk2xf/AAC9zmPuwWaf8UPX4d3arBLpa?dl=0[/center]

[center][size=18pt]ACCKNOWLEDGEMENTS:[/size][/center]
[center][size=14pt]Skid - Helping me fix a fatal Syntex error.[/size]
[center][size=14pt]KA101 - Providing feedback.[/size]
[center][size=14pt]Zaweri - Helping me find out how to make items spawn.[/size]

[center][size=36pt]What the mod adds:[/size][/center]
[center]Caution: Pictures ahead!

[center]

[/center]
[center]7.92×33mm Kurz[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]7.92×57mm Mauser[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]Model 24 Stielhandgranate[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]Karabiner 98 Kurz[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]Gewehr 43[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]Maschinenpistole 40[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]Sturmgewehr 44[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]Luger P08[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]Stahlhelm M1940[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]Feldbluse Model 1936[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]M36 Trousers[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]Marschstiefel[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]Schnürschuhe[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]Rucksack[/center]

[center]

[/center]
[center]Belt Field Pack[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]Schirmmütze[/center]

[center][/center]
[center]M43 Field Cap[/center]

[center][size=24pt]ROADMAP:[/size]
[center]Basic weapons and uniforms - X [/center]
[center]Item Spawning - X[/center]
[center]Vehicles - X[/center]
[center]Extra Divisions(SS, Fallschirmjäger etc etc.) - X[/center]
[center]Buildings - X[/center]
[center]Faction - X[/center]

[center]LEGEND:[/center]
[center]X - Done![/center]
[center]X - Underway![/center]
[center]X - It might happen![/center]
[center]X - Not going to happen, sorry![/center]

Feel free to make suggestions, feedback and comments!

Reserved(?).

Don’t know if WWII Wehrmacht equipment would be easy to find in the end of XXI century New England, but nevertheless this is really good idea!

Well uh, I know this is going to sound stupid but I was hoping to add a entire new faction as a backstory for the reasoning behind the gear, I know a few might hate me for making the faction, maybe.

It really doesn’t fit the main story for the game, but we’ll get this sorted out as a mod, and if people want to play with the fun WWII toys they can, sound good?

Yeah, this came up on IRC and that was my take. This is not for mainline, but could make modpack inclusion.

Needs MG42, MG34 and FG42. I’m all about the STG44 though!

Well, the machine guns, (42, 34 etc etc.) will likely be added in a ‘heavy weapons’ addon to the main mod, the FG42 however will likely be in a division addon, Fallschirmjäger for example.

(Sorry for the late reply!)

Awesome.

[b][center][size=18pt]UPDATE![/size][/center]

Change log:

[spoiler]

• Updated to 0.2.
  • Adjusted weight, now realistic!
  • Added spawning, items now spawn in pawn shops![/spoiler]

Heavy Weapons addon now underway!

This almost works with experimental 4060, it just needs the “use_action” data on the boots updated to the new style.
Replace the “use_action” data on the boots with this code:

"use_action" : {
            "type": "holster",
             "holster_prompt": "Sheath knife",
             "holster_msg": "You sheath your %s",
             "multi": 2,
             "max_volume": 1,
             "draw_cost": 80,
             "flags": ["SHEATH_KNIFE"]
        }

It gets through world load without failing. I haven’t playtested it yet.

Ah, so this is the thread for that old thing. Nice necropost, again.

I’d always assumed the thread just aced due to the controversy you’d expect this to generate. Didmn’t know it simply fell into obscurity of its own accord, as what seems to have happened instead.

A WWII-dedicated museum perhaps.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:13, topic:9142”]Ah, so this is the thread for that old thing. Nice necropost, again.

I’d always assumed the thread just aced due to the controversy you’d expect this to generate. Didmn’t know it simply fell into obscurity of its own accord, as what seems to have happened instead.[/quote]

I went back a year in the Lab adding mods to my Mod List. And now I’m moving through them trying to find out if they still work in 0.C only or if they can be updated to the experimental fairly easily. Most of these old mods seem to just need iuse actor updates, mainly for the boots lol. I’m not going to worry about controversy, that’s for SJW’s to get upset over. I’m just trying to bring mod’s to the masses. :wink:

Why have I never seen this before

INTO THE MOTHERLAND THE GERMAN ARMY MARCH

COMRADES STAND SIDE BY SIDE TO STOP THE NAZI CHARGE

And hmm. Well, now that we have the BAR, Sten, Thompson, M1 and M1903…

So is this mod relivable? I have it downloaded but I assume its not workable in the experimentals.

It will load properly if you make the change to the boots I detailed earlier in this thread. I’m playing with it in a new world right now to see what happens. I’ve got about…21 mods going right now, on top of the mods the experimental ships with. So far it’s been pretty entertaining, though I have to restrain myself from taking advantage of the cheaty stuff that Duros’ mod allows. No problems to report after 5 hours of gameplay with this mod installed. It’s difficult to tell what content is coming from which mod at this point though.

We should totally take it and tuck it into a grand WWII mod. Get some Brens, Lee-Enfields, Lebels, Arisakas, maybe a Browning wz. 1928 for good measure…