PK's Rebalancing Unofficial patch

minor update, made the cyborg guard take longer to aim, and it does actually tell you when it’s aiming at you too!
I made that a bit louder to the player, try not to wear deafening stuff if you wanna hear it.

The weapon it uses it the vanilla fusion blaster bionic, it’s only overpowered because of a vanilla bug, essentially explosions are OP at the moment, so there isn’t really much I can do to fix it but putting in the effort to tweak the vanilla bionic to be weaker, or make the Cyborg guard use a different version that doesn’t create explosions and only does the raw 40 damage with no armour piercing, which I might make a bit stronger if it does too little damage on a leather armoured character.

It should work straight out of the box on the android nightly builds, if you’re using the play store version, it won’t, this is always made to work with the latest experimental, see the android version thread for where to download the nightly APKs.

3 Likes

It works now:D unfortunately i download the old pk rebalance version lol…thats why it crash

This PR should add a useful measure against cyborg guards in-case anyone is still worried about them :stuck_out_tongue: :

1 Like

Can u send the download link plz

it’s just the github link under my username, you just download the zip and use that

Quick note since you don’t seem to have issue reports open on your repository: it looks like the TENTACLE attack on some fungal mobs is causing infighting. It might be best to remove them as a fix, so that the hedgerows and walls stop killing the structures they’re supposed to protect.

On another look, the infighting’s still happening after I’ve removed them. I honestly have no idea what’s causing it.

I found out that smoking rack is not working as intended(meat still raw after 6h, same for fish etc.)
Problem is in items/comestible.json, adding “smoking_result” string fixes that.
https://pastebin.com/81HhNVs2
Look at string 89 and 120.

Build 8515 moved the smoking rack functionality to json, so if you are using a build after that you will have the above issue, well until PKs is updated.

Probably should bump this to say, yeah, stuff is updated and bugs mentioned are now fixed, mention any more that come up and things you think are no longer necessary due to mainline balance that I should remove (the smaller the mod is, the easier it is to update and the more likely it is for me to be able to mainline it)

awesome updating now :slight_smile:

As always you are amazing!

My English is not good! I use Google Translator to chat with you!
1、berserker stimpack
activate will close the game

2、pk_mutation_override
Partial coverage mutations do not work properly
such as:Strong Very Strong Extremely Strong Insanely Strong
Activating these does not lead to an increase in Strength

Mutation stuff is related to a bug currently in the game that will be fixed before 0.D, so for now mutations are broken in this mod til that’s fixed, I’ll try to figure out what the issue with the stimpack is in the mean time.

UPDATES 6/03/2019 DD/MM/YYYY
Mutations no longer broken, berserker stims likely still crash the game until I can either figure out what causes the crash, or just remove them

1 Like

getting a segfault, can provide save, load in and wait a few turns; if PKs is removed the crash doesnt happen https://puu.sh/CWahq/17d4c16e53.png
https://puu.sh/CWah9/1ce543ba5e.png

edit: save https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6et0jqi2cobea5/New%20Hartford.rar?dl=0
can also provide whole game setup since theres quite a few mods. Build is 8569.

I can’t do anything useful with that, you have to give me an in-game error, warning, what actually causes the crash so I can figure out what the issue is.

Thank you for fixing the mutation!
I have a new bug to report to you.
Scenario selection of Warped In,starting location of warp zone。

strange stones、strange cabin、radioactive rubble,All of these have bugs or crashes。

DEBUG : Could not find a good starting place for character

FUNCTION : void start_location::place_player(player&) const
FILE : src/start_location.cpp
LINE : 352

I’m thinking of potentially removing that start or changing it to mandatory locations, as sometime earlier I made all of those not mandatory overmap specials.

This means that often a single overmap will not spawn with any because there are many other specials, but making less of them mandatory means there’s less map generation bugs and finding things is much less predictable.

Well there is nothing ingame, it just crashes after a few ticks, further testing showed that removing the triffids using the no triffids mod fixes it so its a problem with that I suppose.