this is all i get with the screenshot

with other mods, it just loads fine.

09:29:28.404 : Starting log.
09:29:28.404 INFO : Cataclysm DDA version 0.D
09:29:28.479 INFO : Language is set to: ‘en’
09:29:33.742 INFO : SDL version used during compile is 2.0.8
09:29:33.742 INFO : SDL version used during linking and in runtime is 2.0.8
09:29:33.869 INFO : USE_COLOR_MODULATED_TEXTURES is set to 0
09:29:34.747 WARNING : opendir [/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.cleverraven.cataclysmdda/files/mods/] failed with “No such file or directory”.

Ew, that’s one of those permissions things, I believe. I’m sorry, but that’s completely outside my experience. Have you tried posting an issue to the android cata github?

nope not yet, since i have been thinking android version might have limited features compared to pc version. if may i ask, have you played with pk mod on an android phone?

Android version is NOT behind PC version.

For several months we automatically build Android version simultaneously with other versions. Android APK can be downloaded from Github releases page (just as any other version) and installed manually.

Play Store has stable 0.D and manually released Beta updates (which is hand picked experimental version).

If you are playing stable 0.D - just pick up PKs mod version for 0.D and not its most recent version.

yay its Zhilkin! aight, leme find that.

edit: cant find the pk version 0.D. any link?

I’ve got cata installed on my tablet, but I’ve never played it. The interface ruins it for me, but I recently got a bluetooth keyboard I’ve been meaning to try out.

This is good to know. Back when I installed it, it seemed like it was a side project run by a fan and I never heard any differently until now. As for a 0.D stable version of PK’s…where would one find such a thing?

im using otg cable with ps2 keyboard to play on my phone since i do not have a pc now due to work. about the pk for 0.D version, i cannot find any links using search and i do not know how to get pk for 0.D version on git hub.

Same here, can’t readily locate it. Be clear when you’re asking people about it that you want a version for 0.D stable and not 0.D experimental. Alternatively, it sounds like you can get the newest APK for 0.D experimental from the Release pages as Zhilkin mentioned. Then it should be possible to use most recent version of PK’s (with the vehicle changes I uploaded above).

PR’d your fix, I’d also like to note that due to real life things I’m not actively maintaining this but will try my best to merge any fixes anyone posts or PRs to me.

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to drop a line next time around. I’m honestly too lazy to do a full PR most of the time. Too many steps involved for what amounts to a 50 character fix. Thanks for your time and effort, you rock! :smile:

1 Like

thank you guys. will download asap!

edit: just noticed i am already using 8574 0.D stable release build. i found the versions of pk in releases however, i am not sure which one is for 0.D stable. haha

Yeah, I don’t know either. Trial and error time?

didn’t ever make one for 0.D stable sadly, just kept up with experimental even before then, you’d have to find the build date of stable, then maybe clone the repository, delete the commits before about I’d say a week or maybe two after that point, download that build.

will try that, i did download the onc starting on 5.7.1a. until the one with new commit. still freezes for me or crashes. will just wait till next time. anyways, thank you

it shouldn’t ever freeze, it should come up with errors.
IF it freezes on android, that’s a permissions issue, go into your settings, applications, find cataclysm DDA and allow storage permissions in the permissions tab, your phone’s version of android might be at fault as manufacturers often change up things that will occasionally break apps

yes, i have storage permission on allow. still freezes the game once it loads pk.

:edit android version is 8.0.0, huawei honor 7a or aum-l29

is the folder structures as follows?:
files/mods/pkrebalance?
you don’t just directly extract the files into mods, they need their own folder, then the mod files inside said folder.

yep. heres the folder.

odd, I see no reason why this error is happening if other mods are working when you try them?
I don’t think it’s anything I can fix, the PC version works great.