PK's Rebalancing Mod

ill make a mod.

there is a ‘no zombie rads’ mod in already though.

but rads under 5 are harmless and you wont start to have issues until 10.

[quote=“Sneaky Potato, post:1140, topic:11323”]Dude how do i disable the radiation mumbo-jumbo and the AIDS rain, that stuff is freaking me out is it even possible?[/quote]https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing/tree/5.5.6

[quote=“darktoes, post:1132, topic:11323”][quote=“pisskop, post:1130, topic:11323”]Met my first shock cannon in a lab today. It stunned me and I stumbled forward into the room instead of back out of it into safety. I realized what was happening though and shot it with a gun. I approve of it even if I think electricity not having an armor to prevent it is making it the op damage type to a PC.

Ive had good luck so far in dealing with husks, but a nightstalker roflstomped my ass. Its winter for me now, and I am still using mbr vest and army fatigues instead of endgame armor. I do have a cargo truck that has been modified to have heavy siding and steel armor and a kitchen unit though. Its a mid-endgame truck that I can live out of. And do.[/quote]

How difficult would it be to implement install-able electrical protection? It could work like leather/Kevlar/wool/fur padding, install it with a tailoring kit and it increases encumbrance a bit in exchange for protection. It’s already a thing for the shark suit, since you can make the Faraday shark suit. It’d be nice if we could add it to whatever we want. In fact, it’d be cool if we could add Nomex padding for fire/acid resistance as well if we wanted to.

Also, yeah, Nightstalkers are pretty powerful. I’ve be owned by them a few times.[/quote]Fairly, to be honest. No stats for it exist as of yet.

[quote=“pisskop, post:1141, topic:11323”]ill make a mod.

there is a ‘no zombie rads’ mod in already though.

but rads under 5 are harmless and you wont start to have issues until 10.[/quote]

Oh, ok i was really concerned at 2 rads (lul) cuz i died slowly at 41 rads last char and since then i had radphobia.

Thx.

Im talking about the rads as listed as effect intensity multipliers.

Is there any chance you could consider removing the explosion deaths from Doom mobs? It feels like they completely screw over melee builds and remove choice by forcing all players into the ranged/heavy playstyle to survive. (Else you have to do something silly like melee them down to 10% health, drop dynamite, and run around a corner).

Self-destructing enemies was never much of an issue with bots and turrets in the base version of the game since you could easily work around the issue by one-shot killing them with EMP grenades. Obviously, this isn’t a choice for Doom mobs. It’s already near-suicidal to get in close to a cyberdemon while dodging rockets. Having to deal with a self-destruct explosion on top of their already near-lethal normal attacks makes them completely lethal to melee fighters.

Sure. Its only the one mon anyhow. I wish they would let us custom-define those death explosions.

I think it also affects the Archdemon (I think that’s its name? It’s the giant face that spawns mobs).

P.S., just killed one of those after fighting to the bottom of a lab and entering the boss chamber. Don’t I get some epic loots or something? Or is it one of those “the journey is the reward” things?

Released a mod to attempt to make the mod run on android port without an error about groundcover. Essentially reverted the change to groubcover syntax. Tell me if it works or not.

Also acidic rain tweaking and nerfed triffid freqs and poisoning chances for insects. All around some changes.

I think those Doom Labs need a drop in the frequency of scientist and bio-operator zombies. I must have picked up 20-30 CBMs in only 1-2 days of exploring.

P.S. Also check out the question from my last post.

I’ve never actually come across a doom lab. Do they spawn separately or do they just replace some normal labs?

they spawn independent of labs. they are made of fortified concrete and spawn doom mons at close range around them.

their conditions are slightly different as well.

but i recently added mapping ability to them. im not sure if i can do the cvd stuff too, or if I should …

Ive updated.

Your suggested changes are fine considering my lack of control over the hardcoded and the already present hardship I build into the things.

[quote=“pisskop, post:1152, topic:11323”]they spawn independent of labs. they are made of fortified concrete and spawn doom mons at close range around them.

their conditions are slightly different as well.

but i recently added mapping ability to them. im not sure if i can do the cvd stuff too, or if I should …[/quote]
Is that what the walls are? I thought it was probably normal concrete walls.

The pk rebalance 5.5.7 still has an error its about default groundcover on my android phone it shows the error and when you press space or i it goes back to menu and also i dont know how to show the screenshot

Its an awful pain because I myself dont have the android port. Ill see if I cant download it. I think there my be some disparity with the ports and their syntax requirements.

Does this mod crank up the reproduction rate of mobs? I went down into a lab for not even a single day, and come back up to the surface to find literally hundreds if not thousands of ants. Where there wasn’t even a single ant seen the day before. It’s not even a balancing issue anymore. The game lags to such an extreme that it takes 30-60 real-world minutes to have a night’s sleep in that location.

I know this mod cranks up the difficulty of mobs, so I’m wondering if frequency of mob-spawners or how fast they each spawn mobs.

Ants … can do that.

No, to answer your question. I did not make them respawn. Yes, it is possible for ants to repopulate an area. All major factions of the coregame can repopulate. Sounds like a bug though.

Is there any chance you modified spawn rate by adding more mobs to the spawn table?

For example, introducing a larger number of egg-layers to the possible creatures that can hatch from eggs? Or allowing queens to hatch from eggs where they normally couldn’t? Or even egg-producing rates?

Yes, there are ways for queens to spawn.

If you didnt see any ants before, it makes no sense for them to be there now. Unless you missed a queen. Which is hard to do.

Set fire to the place.