PK's Rebalancing Mod

[quote=“pisskop, post:1060, topic:11323”]health and hmod stats.

Being too hot or cold will affect your health stat, making you less healthy over time.[/quote]
That actually explains a lot thank you.

hmmm?

Had a character who was warm most of the time every time I stepped out my armored mobile base and unless healthy food was consistently consumed health value would always be at -10 so while I found it weird at that point it was not of much concern.

Found a shockcannon today. Seems like a really nice weapon but it can only run off of batteries, and can’t be equipped with a UPS conversion mod. Would it be possible to make it UPS compatible somehow?

I can look. im sure its an oversight.

it can be mounted on a car

Here you are.

Requires nominal electronics skill and either a ups or atomic conversion mod, they are recipes, so you have to make them like that.

[quote=“pisskop, post:1066, topic:11323”]https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing/releases/tag/5.4.0

Here you are.

Requires nominal electronics skill and either a ups or atomic conversion mod, they are recipes, so you have to make them like that.[/quote]
Awesome. Thanks!

Turns out the battery using shockcannon still has to be loaded with batteries once mounted to a car, and there’s no option to mount the militarized (UPS) version.

While it makes sense with how weapons on vehicles currently work (why the blazemod version that comes with the game now has mounted weapons that don’t really work as they are supposed to anymore). So as far as I see in order for a vehicle mounted weapon to use internal battery stores is either has to be a ups powered weapon or it has to have the use tanks flag however as batteries are used for ups powered items I am unsure if this would work. As for why there is no option to put the militarized version of the weapon is because and I just checked pisskops github as there is literally no entry for it, thats it.

While it makes sense with how weapons on vehicles currently work (why the blazemod version that comes with the game now has mounted weapons that don’t really work as they are supposed to anymore). So as far as I see in order for a vehicle mounted weapon to use internal battery stores is either has to be a ups powered weapon or it has to have the use tanks flag however as batteries are used for ups powered items I am unsure if this would work. As for why there is no option to put the militarized version of the weapon is because and I just checked pisskops github as there is literally no entry for it, thats it.[/quote]
I don’t know what to say about the mounted shockcannon not using UPS, I can only assume that it’s since it directly uses batteries rather than charges. The UPS version, however, was only added to the mod a few days ago. The lack of a mounted version is probably just an oversight and should be easy enough to fix.

Mounted shockcannon used to use the car battery, but it was added before the vehicle overhauls, so if nobody really messed with until now Im not surprised its only now being found out. Let me look at it when I get time.

That’s cool man, I understand. Just thought I’d point it out. It’d make for a good midgame riot control weapon, if you had the power to spare. Running it off of batteries makes that pretty impossible though.

A quick search says that because vehicles no longer accept batteries to charge their vehicle battery, I cannot make the cannon consume the vehicle battery without knowing what that battery is now considered.

That should be easy enough to find out, could you look around at the mounted weapons in the base game or in Blazemod?

I cannot. Ill ask about it, but it doesnt seem possible. Since the battery is not a tank…

In the meantime I modded the mount to be a plutonium sucker.

I’ve seen plenty of mounted weapons that use car battery power, aren’t you trying to do the same thing as those?
As far as I can tell with my limited coding abilities, it seems that mounted weapon vehicle parts use their normal ammunition by default. If you set up a mounted version of the UPS shockcannon it seems like that might work.

It didnt consume power on a test. Ill look when I get the time.

I did notice that the militarised shockcannon also doesn’t seem to consume power when fired, at least when run off bionic power.

That is particularly strange.

Indeed. Perhaps some flag somewhere doing something it shouldn’t be?