PK's Rebalancing Mod

They should take extra damage from toxic clouds. Its pretty flavorful at the notion of insects being unable to handle airborne toxins, their bodies being designed in a way where no natural filtration happens at all.

Guard cyborgs at lab just annoying.
despite its energy launchers cooldown is slow, ONE-SHOT is enough to Kill most survivors.
in lab, likely to face that at close quarter, then they shot it. And likely to See "Press X to accept your fate…"
i know it sometimes mutters “i am zulubeta… balala” but it isnt that loud, so need clyovence artifact or spamming Control laptop at every room for safe travel at lab… which makes them annoying. also they dont emit light.

just its hard to expect where it is the problem.
or make them dont shot instantly when players face it…
Unless you intended to make it for Yet another annoying death or for players annoyance

I want to make them have to aim, but the mechanics for that are bad.

I can up the noise factor

[quote=“nameless, post:1042, topic:11323”]Guard cyborgs at lab just annoying.
despite its energy launchers cooldown is slow, ONE-SHOT is enough to Kill most survivors.
in lab, likely to face that at close quarter, then they shot it. And likely to See "Press X to accept your fate…"
i know it sometimes mutters “i am zulubeta… balala” but it isnt that loud, so need clyovence artifact or spamming Control laptop at every room for safe travel at lab… which makes them annoying. also they dont emit light.

Unless you intended to make it for Yet another annoying death or for players annoyance[/quote]
Okay. Ive nerfed their accuracy as much as I can without messing with the corresponding player cbm (they actually use the cbm weapon).

Additionally, they only target enemies from 4-13 tiles away. Closing in or backing off will eliminate this. Their night vision is 5 as well, so sneaking up on them isnt too bad. They take 300 move points to fire.

Update will come before 130p today.

To recap, 5.3.5:

• less unhealth
  • less aquarium fert use
  • Improved ‘spess plastic’, and lowered the encumbrance of prm marine stuff. thus its more protective and less cumbersome.
  • made cellar spiders less bashy and stabby and more dodgey.

noice, just what I wanted to see after getting home from a double! Keep up the good work!

so i went to test out the armor in a doomlab start…

omgwtfysb what did they do to low skill gun using? that manhack was unpewable.

second…

.>
<.<

i found a cyberdemon in the lab. scary.

[quote=“pisskop, post:1044, topic:11323”][quote=“nameless, post:1042, topic:11323”]Guard cyborgs at lab just annoying.

Unless you intended to make it for Yet another annoying death or for players annoyance[/quote]
Okay. Ive nerfed their accuracy as much as I can without messing with the corresponding player cbm (they actually use the cbm weapon).

Additionally, they only target enemies from 4-13 tiles away. Closing in or backing off will eliminate this. Their night vision is 5 as well, so sneaking up on them isnt too bad. They take 300 move points to fire.

Update will come before 130p today.[/quote]

thanks!

howdy pk, latest git build throws out an error:

3:53:11.93 : src/main_menu.cpp:836 [bool main_menu::load_character_tab()] Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing//pk_overmap_terrain.json: line 11:17: invalid overmap terrain flag: "ALLOW_OVERRIDE"

probably related to this api change

[quote=“Vollinger, post:1049, topic:11323”]howdy pk, latest git build throws out an error:

3:53:11.93 : src/main_menu.cpp:836 [bool main_menu::load_character_tab()] Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing//pk_overmap_terrain.json: line 11:17: invalid overmap terrain flag: "ALLOW_OVERRIDE"

probably related to this api change

Getting this error as well. Just updated.

humph

allow override is supposed to let them spawn over other crap. i.e. overwrite other terrain. Less important terrain.

fixed
/home/fusco/Downloads/Cataclysm-DDA-master/data/mods/PKs_Rebalance

just tried with last experimental version andi t doesnt seem to work

downloaded ctd fix from here -am i doing it right

right you are.

erm … I had to make a new version, which required the old pk mod for … reasons involving mugling.

so I was in the process of testing. thanks for the reply

it seem to work now.Tnx on dedication man i though i would have to start vanilla tonight.

one more thing …I may be mistaken but from last game of pk mode i got impression that prussian blue for some reason are very inferior in dealing with raditaion compared to aquarium fertiliser and gummy vitamin.If i am getting it right is it wad?

Ive nerfed it some more, but its possible that because it lasts so much longer it eventually catches up.

Try it again. It is supposed to be weaker, and cause more intense issues with overmineralization and hmod loss.

Thanks Piss

-Reduce the amount of excess sugar shacks and diary farms, both of which were calibrated to the ridiculous numbers of the coregame.
Now only a few per overmap will spawn.

-nerf the cow fort. Add in less cows and less opness. Should be worthwhile to visit still. Cows and gunsafes, clothing, food, and the vehicles still spawn.
TODO: add in zow or corrupt cow and maybe hostile npc. And a witch for sugar shack.

-further reduce the health loss for cold and hot temps.

[quote=“pisskop, post:1058, topic:11323”]https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing/tree/5.3.8

-Reduce the amount of excess sugar shacks and diary farms, both of which were calibrated to the ridiculous numbers of the coregame.
Now only a few per overmap will spawn.

-nerf the cow fort. Add in less cows and less opness. Should be worthwhile to visit still. Cows and gunsafes, clothing, food, and the vehicles still spawn.
TODO: add in zow or corrupt cow and maybe hostile npc. And a witch for sugar shack.

-further reduce the health loss for cold and hot temps.[/quote]
HP health or health stat health?

health and hmod stats.

Being too hot or cold will affect your health stat, making you less healthy over time.