Pixel's Various Fuckery

its meant to allow it to be contained in this you can change bottle_glass to various other containers, I’m sure that’s how I fixed a few problems with containing liquids, the liquid requires a container to be contained in, im sure if you make this item you need the bottle_glass

a good idea but it sadly doesnt work with mutations as easily when i tried your suggestion and added the container to the item. to explain the mutation, you activate it and obtain a item. but liquid ones are put straight in your inventory and thus spill to the ground because they arent containered. i fixed the issue in the past with just making the item solid and you just have to craft it into a proper drinkable by crafting which then allows you to pour it in container afterwards. the issue sadly needs more than a simple fix if i really wanna make the mutation work it with a liquid state item without spilling to the ground

1 Like

I seem to be having a JSON issue, this is the error i get when booting up CDDA

DEBUG : (json-error)
Json error: data/mods/pixel_s fuckery/modinfo.json:8:12: Invalid or misplaced field name “author” in JSON data

“description”: “Adds additional unique post-threshold mutations, various recipes for weapons. Slightly risqué but safe for work, no worse than vibrators and gimp suits!@#”,
“category”: “items”,
“author”:
^
“pixel and Eirenex”,
“path”: “”
}

FUNCTION : void JsonObject::report_unvisited() const
FILE : src/json.cpp
LINE : 122
VERSION : 0.F-3

Is this fixable or is the mod too old for the version?

Hi! thanks for sending the error! it was a old one and was due to some updates that happened over the time.

I havent updated the Mod for a long while but i fetched the most advanced one, that should fix it. send me another report if it doesnt and il take a look

The latest got rid of the boot up error i was getting but now a new ones popped up for the ANBC armor and the “overpowered” weapon.

Json error: data/mods/pixel_s fuckery/pix_item.json:53:13: Invalid or misplaced field name “armor” in JSON data

"warmth": 50,
"looks_like": "anbc_suit",
"armor":
        ^
         [
  {
    "encumbrance": 50,

Json error: data/mods/pixel_s fuckery/pix_item_groups.json:7:14: Invalid or misplaced field name “extend” in JSON data

"copy-from": "everyday_gear",
"//": "Small common items carried in a person's pockets, purse, etc. Cash card at roughly 50%.",
"extend":
         ^
          { "items": [ [ "dildo", 5 ] ] }

},
{

i noticed some other issues that il be fixing at the evening. i just now noticed you are not playing on latest, for which the mod was designed for. alot has changed for clothing and all so it wont work with older sadly.

I’m guessing by the latest you don’t mean the latest stable build? i am using the latest stable build which is 0.F-3 from the CDDA main website but if you mean the latest experimental build i can give that a shot.

Yep! latest experimental! because the game evolves so much, and adds new features, i am usually following close behind. i updated it so it should work on latest properly, no errors

Good to know, i didn’t realize the latest stable was that far behind.

I found a new error

DEBUG : MILKABLE (mutation_branch) has two definitions from the same source (Pix’s Shit)!

FUNCTION : static void mod_tracker::check_duplicate_entries(const T&, const T&) [with T = mutation_branch; std::enable_if_t<mod_tracker::has_src_member::value>* = 0]
FILE : src/mod_tracker.h
LINE : 75
VERSION : 4231084

Same applies to the ovi as well, two defs from same source.

my cataclysm is more than a week old, and for me it works all fine with the changes. I have changed the files an hour ago if you still had the older one on hand, by the way! i am sadly clueless how to help further with that. for now i guess try to use this version latest as thats the one i use myself. it Must work , i tested it without problems from that version. once the launcher isnt broken, i will see why it doesnt work for the most current latest version

No luck, still getting the same error and the only mod i put into the build that you linked was yours (didn’t put any other mods in just to be safe) just to see if it would work with the base ones that the world comes with by default but no such luck, i only get that error when the world actually starts loading in prep for when you make your character, up until that point there’s no indication that there’s going to be an error as everything else is fine when i boot up the game.

I have found the solution, there must has been some messing up when i uploaded it, i will remove all content and re-add the one from the working one. nothing should be lost in content but it should hopefully work this time. give me 20 minutes before you try downloading the files again.

… okay, i feel like google docs is messing with the upload, because when i uploaded the working version there and tried to use the downloaded version, it also began to throw the error that you had. i have to pause this for today and look for more answers tomorrow.

Google doc’s is like that sometimes, annoying but Google thinks it’s running just fine lol.

i have a feeling it could be because of multiple versions of the mod still lingering around. THE mod still works even though it threw these errors, i just tested in debug. so id say just ignore for now? maybe il have a solution in the future!

Will do, i’ll ignore those for now then.

Fixed More Bugs for Latest, should work just fine and is uploaded now aswell! feel free to report if theres any other bugs around

1 Like

Just in time for my update cycle! Awesome!

Edit: why does drive not give me the download option for the mods folder? I can go in the folder and download individual pieces, but I can’t grab the folder.
I don’t use drive much, what’s the deal?

Edit2: I thought it was because of the app, but opening the web interface gives me the same issue. Just how do you download a folder? Is this a me thing or is it on your end @Eirenex
I can work around it, but is rather makes it work sensibly again …

Edit 3: ok… I needed to check the “Desktop site” box in chrome to get the capable interface. This shit is as bad as discord, the mobile versions are barely functional

edit 4: Tried it…killed the load immediately. It’s the dinomod addon, cata is loading them both and getting mad at the duplicates. Fix on your end would be to put the dino_mod json into a zip. Your current setup requires some user input to get going, putting it in a zip would only inconvenience those who use dinomod. Food for thought.
Once that was resolved it loads fine, i waved a testing world at it and nothing immediately exploded.

1 Like

I thought it was already a Zip before, fixed it now for future download. willl update install instructions aswell now

1 Like

So I am getting this warning near constantly that crashes the world start. Using the Experimental, is this not set up proper for Experimental versions right now?

DEBUG : Error: Json error: C:/Users/User/Desktop/Roguelike Games/Catapult/dda/userdata/mods/pixels_fuckery/pix_item.json:229:26: missing mandatory member “comestible_type”

},
  {
    "type": "COMESTIBLE",
                         ^
    "id": "Lootbox_fruit",
    "category": "other",
    "name": { "str": "shelled fruit" },

FUNCTION : new_character_tab
FILE : D:\a\Cataclysm-DDA\Cataclysm-DDA\src\main_menu.cpp
LINE : 946
VERSION : 4c355cf