This mod adds three new mutation branches: Crab, Snake and Rabbit, with some very minor changes to existing ones. Their respective mutagens and serums spawn in labs, and recipies can be learned from books that are already in the core game. They should be fairly balanced and tresholds are quite easy to reach (which is an issue common among other mutations mods). However, I’m always interested in your feedback.
Crab - A very ugly and slow, heavy tank. Your chitinous carapace offers fantastic potection, encumbering you greatly, while your arm mutates into a giant pincer which allows you to occasionally launch a powerful pinching attack. You can also eat almost anything. What is more, you may shed your carapace to obtain chitin chunks, useful for crafting.
Snake - A silent predator. Your legs degrade into useless stumps and you develop a serpentine body. You move slower, but you also become extremely dextrous and can inject venom or crush zombies with your coils.
Rabbit - A mobile, dextrous and perceptive herbivore. It’s a mix between Bird and Mouse mutations, but less extreme and not as restrictive. Your metabolism is fast, but you can eat grass to compensate this. NPCs also want to pet you.
To install, simply unzip and put the folder into /Data/Mods directory. Compatible with the experimental build (last checked #8505).
Detailed mutations list
- Fast Healer
- Poor Hearing
- Bulging Eyes
- Heat Dependent
- Badly Deformed
- Very Thirsty
- Extremely Strong
- Chitinous Carapace - “Your body is covered with a thick, impenetrable red carapace. It provides unmatched physical protection and even some protection from corrosive chemicals, but reduces your dexterity by 3 and severely encumbers all body parts but your eyes. Greatly reduces wet effects.” //Evolution of Spider’s Chitinous Plate.
- Eater Of The Dead
- Solidly Built
- Giant Pincer - “Instead of your right hand, you now have a giant crab claw. It encumbers you greatly, but you can occasionally use it in melee combat to deal massive damage.” //Permanent 40 right hand encumbrance, some armor. 22% chance to launch a powerful, strength based cut and bash attack.
- Ecdysis - “If you feel like your exoskeleton is getting too tight, you may choose to shed it. Doing so will produce chitin chunks, useful for crafting. Activate to shed your carapace.”
- Skilled Liar
- Glass Jaw
- Slit Nostrils
- Reptilian Eyes
- Reptilian IR
- Hissing Voice
- Sleek Scales
- Poison Resistant
- Forked Tongue
- Extremely Dextrous
- Long Neck - “Your neck is unusually elongated. This has no effect.” //Mostly cosmetic, helps to balance achieving tresholds. Makes the character a little bit uglier.
- Cobra’s Hood - “You have a hood on your neck, like a cobra’s. It looks striking, but makes you better at intimidating. Adds a slight head encumbrance.”
- Deformed Legs - “Your legs are badly deformed. Permanent leg encumbrance.” //40 encumbrance. Changes into Serpentine Tail after treshold.
- Strongly Venomous
- Viper Fangs - “Your teeth have grown into two-inch-long fangs, perfect for injecting venom. They allow you to make extra attacks when your mouth is uncovered.” //Evolution of Fangs
- Serpentine Tail - “A massive serpentine tail extends for some body lengths behind you, and your legs and feet transformed into useless stumps, hanging off your sides. You can use your tail to crush your enemies, when conditions favor it. Prevents wearing pants and footgear.” // Adds 50 encumbrance to legs and feet. 10% chance to launch a strength based attack, dealing moderate amount of bash damage.
- Silent Movement - “You know how to move completely silently.” //Does exactly what it says. You no longer make sound when you move.
- Good Hearing
- Light Step
- Stubby Tail
- Rodent Ears
- Wiry Whiskers
- Very Fast Metabolism
- Prey Animal
- Padded Feet
- Very Perceptive
- Very Weak - “You are weaker. Strength -2” // Changes from str -1 variant.
- Absent Minded - “You are not too bright, and you get distracted easily. Intelligence - 2”
- Soft Fur - “You’ve got an incredibly soft fur, and it’s very pleasant to touch. It provides some protection from cold, and makes persuading other survivors easier.” //A better variant of Lightly Furred.
- Rabbit Feet - “Your feet have grown really big, and look exactly like a rabbit’s. Prevents wearing shoes.” //Warning: will destroy your footgear on tansformation.
Which books contain the recipies?
Crab - lab journal-Smythe
Snake - lab journal-x-|xp
Rabbit - lab journal-Dionne
What are the changes to existing branches?
Mostly really minor stuff, for example changing the description of Rodent Ears so that it doesn’t state that your ears are round, in order to make it fit for Rabbit branch. The biggest change is probably allowing post-threshold Insect an Spider mutants to shed their carapace too, just like Crab.