New monster suggestions

Indeed. And they’d be stronger than a normal one. Like a Upgraded Mook of some kind. Faster and more or less like the Ferals. Yesss.

So, somewhere between a feral and a brute?

Flamin zombees- they burn you as well as hit you and damage your hands if you unarmed with tho protective gloves

This one has been discussed before and IIRC was shot down. We might be seeing bionic zombies that have built in flamethrowers, but it’s unlikely to see zombies that simple burst into flames randomly.

(In part because there aren’t any real good mechanisms for it in the real world, and in part because fire is such an uncontrollable thing for a player to handle in many cases. One flaming zombie could easily spell the end of an entire base with nothing the player could do about it).

More robotic enemies, perhaps robotic soldiers that were deployed to fight zombies but ended up killing human and zombie alike without a reliable way to differentiate between them. They should be relatively slow, use ranged attacks (not like the turret 10 rounds a turn, possibly 1-3), and try to surround the player and use terrain for cover. They should be tough to engage in melee, but very weak when you can get close to them. They should attempt to flee or lose attack capability when damaged. Ideally, they would be in groups of 3, and if one were engaged the other two would come to its aid. Possibly only encounter them in cities. Ideally, you would encounter them semi rarely or only in larger cities. Under some circumstances, a city may be full of them (the unimplemented overmap_zones refer to zones that are occupied by robots), so you may be able to go and hide while the robots kill all the zombies, then clear out the robots and have a cleared city.

Exactly.

Let’s take notes:

Grues.
Night Zombies.

Any opinion from a dev? If you did not read the whole discussion, please do, just for the ideas.

I tried to make shriekers and decayed zeds into night zeds, but KA101 didn’t like it due to the noob wrecking it could cause.

Well, this game has enough noob wrecking, yeah. Being a noob i can’t really play anymore, while in 0.B i could realistically survive, at least.
Some people complain that the game is too easy but dang it’s too damn hard.

well the monster infighting does make it slightly easier

I agree, I stopped adding the pizzeria mod to my worlds because it was too easy (to even do it accidentally sometimes) to lure an animatronic into a horde or vice versa, getting away scott free everytime.

Is it possible to make procedurally generated monsters? I think zombied or non-zombie NPC-like mutants using the player-type mutation tables would be interesting. Make the post threshold ones more rare or distinct and maybe tie them to specific locations like labs, but considering the society in the backround lore, you’d probably have a few random mutants in towns and forests and sewers and whatnot.

Are there alligators in the sewers? If not, there should be. Possibly zombie alligators.

My only other thought is a vauge desire for otherworldly enemies that are more dangerous then the robots we have already. It makes you wonder how civilization collapsed when a single properly programmed tankbot could/can destroy any number of any non-tankbot entity around.

Oh, that’s an idea, how about an extradimensional something that uses an EMP attack that drains any weilded/activated/in use energy weapons, bionic power, vehicle batteries, ect? It’d explain all the cars with dead batteries everywhere in New England. Well, that and the EMP from the nuclear bombs, I guess.

When they notice you though and theres 10 of them

I’ve had to kite so much, around building, everything. I was being chased by 7 animatronics at once, I planned my moves accordingly running through cars and buildings, pushing bookshelves over the doors. Not too hard, but in open space and without any speed bonuses you are dead. Thank god they attempt to grab each other on occasion.

And they don’t teleport to you in the dark and have nightvision “or do they”

I tried to make shriekers and decayed zeds into night zeds, but KA101 didn’t like it due to the noob wrecking it could cause.[/quote]
I agree with KA101, even as a person who has played for quite some time, I find the beginning pretty hard. Now if there was a function that transformed zombies after say a season or two, I would agree with adding a more advanced NV shriekers and Z’s.

Black Dogs- Basically, a Night dog like creature with higher stats and night-vision that spawns in towns at night, and they are highly agressive with higher stats. Pretty much evil spirits

ahh, so another light harmed night critter for the nightcritter group.

ahh, so another light harmed night critter for the nightcritter group.[/quote]

Hmm. The Black Dog is a bit more complex than that in the interpretations I’ve seen (it’s also been used as a metaphor for depression), but sure, could be interesting.

ahh, so another light harmed night critter for the nightcritter group.[/quote]

Hmm. The Black Dog is a bit more complex than that in the interpretations I’ve seen (it’s also been used as a metaphor for depression), but sure, could be interesting.[/quote]

You hear occasional growling, and perhaphs texts when its close “You smell sulfur”

On the light-type critters more generally, we have SUNDEATH, and I suppose we could have LIGHTDEATH, but frankly I’m not going to merge grues just for the Zork reference. We have enough critters borrowed from other IP already.

You want something that makes going out at night w/o a light Scary, sure, but with NV being a thing, grues aren’t it. A Black Dog critter expressly names such might not be the best idea either, but a Night Terror that goes around constantly menacing (yet perhaps never actually being a threat) might be Nifty.

Goes away if you hit the light, but then you’ve fired up a light source.