New monster suggestions

What about a radioactive Z that has a multiple use explosive attack similar to a boomer that irradiates ANYTHING within 3 tiles. you would NOT want to get into melee range with this thing.

What I’m picturing is something similar to the irradiated Ghouls from Fallout 3

Flincher or filcher?[/quote]

So long as they didn’t mean felcher.

I’ll see myself out…

Yesss, that could be spawned from the portals.

we need Grue. to eat you in the dark.

To be honest, i really want this. Can’t run in the forests at night safely. Only in the forest to not annoy too much.

And caves and all tat stuff too, of course.

To be honest, i really want this. Can’t run in the forests at night safely. Only in the forest to not annoy too much.

And caves and all tat stuff too, of course.[/quote]
a tad off topic, but still related to Grue and darkness, I managed to make my dad laugh for a solid minute by responding to his request for me to put up our chickens with “But its dark out. I’m likely to be eaten by a Grue.” I still put the chickens up, but seeing a man who lived the rise and fall of Atari as a company shut down laughing at a joke related to a game I don’t think he thought I had even heard of, was awesome. But I was thinking caves and forests too. Mabye a rare spawn in mansions at night?

and perhaphs flash grenades could scare them off

yes. They can’t fight in the light, so more reason to always carry a flashlight. Hey, mabye get a gun that shoots a MASSIVE burst of SUNLIGHT in addition to bullets, custom made to fight Grue.

yes. They can’t fight in the light, so more reason to always carry a flashlight. Hey, mabye get a gun that shoots a MASSIVE burst of SUNLIGHT in addition to bullets, custom made to fight Grue.[/quote]

Any kind of light hurts them, that’s why they don’t attack you if you carry a simple torch.

I think it could be added very well to the game. Dinamic spawn, it would leave no body to not spam forests with grue bodies at day, can see in the dark, it would run with the simple sight of light yet if there is no light and it sees you it starts running towards you. Good life, a really good evade skill and things like that.
If killed, the death message would be eaten by a grue. Please.
It’d make any source of light more of a game mechanic and would be fun. In caves at least, because forests would be really game interrupting. Of course, light would damage it.

yes. They can’t fight in the light, so more reason to always carry a flashlight. Hey, mabye get a gun that shoots a MASSIVE burst of SUNLIGHT in addition to bullets, custom made to fight Grue.[/quote]

Any kind of light hurts them, that’s why they don’t attack you if you carry a simple torch.

I think it could be added very well to the game. Dinamic spawn, it would leave no body to not spam forests with grue bodies at day, can see in the dark, it would run with the simple sight of light yet if there is no light and it sees you it starts running towards you. Good life, a really good evade skill and things like that.
If killed, the death message would be eaten by a grue. Please.
It’d make any source of light more of a game mechanic and would be fun. In caves at least, because forests would be really game interrupting. Of course, light would damage it.[/quote]
oh, I see what you mean. Although I do want a Light spitting shotgun or something. Call it the sun to perhaps.

That is like really http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical
when you have normal flashlights. WICH MEANS IT’S AWESOME. Maybe it would be tweaked and it would mean it’d go a lot further than other flashlights. Wich still makes no sense because you could just modify the normal flashlight and shoot a normal shotgun but woah i want this.

Have you ever played Crackdown 2? They had a gun for fighting mutants (or at least I think it was that game) that unleashed a massive burst of UV light in addition to incendiary buckshot, making it the ultimate vampire/mutant/Grue slayer.

Just today i read that name while reading something of Just Cause. And it sounds really cool. Also, that idea could totally work!

The thing is that it should shoot some kind of “light cone” because unless you got a heat vision or a really but perfect good hearing they will shred you to pieces while you try to guess where they are anyways d:

That weapon could work with a lot of energy, energy cells, and in the future it could totally be. This is starting to sound all really good.

Now, we would need more then one monster vulnerable to light surely. Mabye get some more freeky portal creatures, mabye a new subclass of Nightstalkers. Like, bloodsuckers, Grue, vampire mutants, stygian abominations, you get the point.

The only thing we need is someone to code the light behaviour, and then i go all crazy over the jsons. Damn.

Too bad my attempt at modding his game resulted in me exorcising my laptop, so…

Woahhh, what did you do?

Forgot to add a comma.
Bad coder joke.

Woahhh, what did you do?

Forgot to add a comma.
Bad coder joke.[/quote]
while searching for code help, I basicly downloaded Zalgo.

Woahhh, what did you do?

Forgot to add a comma.
Bad coder joke.[/quote]
while searching for code help, I basicly downloaded Zalgo.[/quote]

Holy elefantes.
Damn.

Woahhh, what did you do?

Forgot to add a comma.
Bad coder joke.[/quote]
while searching for code help, I basicly downloaded Zalgo.[/quote]

Holy elefantes.
Damn.[/quote]
just some creepy guys attempt at a joke. Minor program that was hidden in a legit download of a code reader thing. Basicly would jerk my mouse around at random, make random keystrokes happen when typing, change background colors oh so very slightly. I just wiped the damn thing (saving photos and such for next version) updated it from win 95 to XP, and cut my losses. The damn thing can’t even run daggerfall. Never had it happen again, so whachagonnado.

also, some light sensitive zed lke in dying light would make a nice addition to our light warriors nemesis group.