New England Victuals Package

~merged into main~

Many new foods and recipes to bring the taste of New England to Cataworld!

~Includes~

A new domestic cooking device that uses charcoal - the charcoal grill smoker.

Many new foods:
condensed milk
cooking oil
hardtack
crackers
biscuits
cookies
two types of pancakes
smoked meat
sausages
bacon
seasoned salt
black pepper
maple syrup
cornmeal
cornbread
johnnycakes
fruit leather
oatmeal
two types of cooked oatmeal
powdered eggs
two types of scrambled eggs
canned salmon
pickled herring
clam chowder

Recipe support for new foods and cooking methods that greatly expands the current recipe list.

Git!

If you keep going like this, there’ll be nothing for anyone else to contribute! :wink:

Looking forward to trying 'em.

More schweet schwag from Rivet :V Also bacon. And biscuits.

I still need to try my hand at this json’s thing…

I want ovens to do something. Also, you can get the heating material thing from smashing ovens.

we need new a england clam chowder recipe?
Sam Adams beer? (no idea if this is from New England, but sam adam was from Boston)

it would be cool if people who are either from new england or have been there a bunch can add some local/popular foods. could even be stuff from small chains or local restaurants that are popular.
could be fun.

I love this! And yup, add me to the list of people who want ovens to do something.

Several of those things on the list are entirely unfamiliar to someone who’s lived most of his life in New England (me)

Fruit leather? Powdered eggs? Johnnycakes? Pickled Herring is definitely not a new england thing, and I’ve never seen canned salmon either.

We could use, however:
Coffee Syrup.
Lobsters
Quaohogs
Apple Cider
Cranberry Juice
Crab cakes

We’ve already got apple cider, and the shellfish should probably wait until we’ve got a fishing system in place.

And as for the fruit leather, powdered eggs, corncakes, and tinned fish - those are pretty general survival type foods that you can find anywhere in the USA. They’re hardly specific to the area, but I’d be willing to bet that if you checked the dry/canned goods sections of your local supermarkets you could find most if not all of them.

What? no herring in sour cream?

I didn’t really see any reason to make two variants of tinned herring.

Just assume that it’s the sort pickled in cream sauce if that’s what yanks your chain.

Well there should be two kinds of beans. Baked beans and regular beans. All this time, I’ve just been eating semi-hard, uncooked beans. Also, heatpacks should be able to warm you up.

i like this. id like to see some actual new england locations.can be anything from street names, to local restaurants/chains. signs for heritage locations (john adams law firm), etc… ‘kennedy compound’.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:7, topic:3091”]Several of those things on the list are entirely unfamiliar to someone who’s lived most of his life in New England (me)

Fruit leather? Powdered eggs? Johnnycakes? Pickled Herring is definitely not a new england thing, and I’ve never seen canned salmon either.[/quote]

I going to school in Maine and I’ve seen a great deal of canned fish at the store nearest me. Salmon, herring, sardines in tomato sauce. Tried sardines with crackers and they weren’t bad. There’s also clam juice and canned ham from Denmark… Haven’t found anything like that in Connecticut of course.

A small number of additional comestibles, to round out the list.

Bacon? <3 Rivet.

Needs

Saranac Beer
Salt Potatoes
Coneys
More apple varieties and apple products holy crap apple season is upon us

Also

Hardtack?
Really? Did someone miss the civil war ending?

Hardtack is just bread baked twice, its not so weird. I’ve made it myself when I decided to go camping at the last minute and didn’t have time to buy tortillas.