Foodstuffs Expansion

No I’m not screwing up a post again XD Recently I did a cannibal foods expansion, but I thought I’d ask the forums folk if they’d like some other food things added.

If the interest is high enough I might end up doing it as a mod rather than an expansion, or split it up between a mod and an expansion.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

[ul][li]Lunch Meat[/li]
[li]Bologna & Brat Bologna[/li]
[li]Cream Soda[/li]
[li]lemon-lime soda[/li]
[li]“energy soda” (Mountain dew)[/li]
[li]Chocolate Covered Pretzels[/li]
[li]M&Ms (as “candy”)[/li]
[li]Skittles (as “candy”)[/li]
[li]Frozen Burrito & Cooked Burrito[/li]
[li]Hamburger Helper & Hobo Helper[/li]
[li]Pork and Beans[/li]
[li]Deep Fried Chicken[/li]
[li]Canned Chicken[/li]
[li]Meat Pie & Prick Pie[/li]
[li]Yogurt[/li]
[li]Nachos, Cheese Nachos, Niño nachos, Meat Nachos, Cheese & Meat Nachos, and Cheese & Niño Nachos[/li]
[li]Pork sticks (Them things Chaz suggested)[/li]
[li]Two more cakes[/li]
[li]Marshmallows[/li]
[li]GrahmCrackers[/li]
[li]Smores[/li]
[li]Candy-Coke sticks salmiac powder[/li]
[li]waffles[/li]
[li]fruit waffles[/li]
[li]chocolate waffles[/li]
[li]chocolate pancakes[/li]
[li]Irradiated fruits & vegtibles[/li]
[li]and more…[/ul]

[ul][li]Crafting recipies up to date[/li]
[li]Spawn lists up to date[/li][/ul]

I hope you made lotsa spaghetti.
More variety is always nice!

[quote=“Birdie, post:2, topic:4032”]I hope you made lotsa spaghetti.
More variety is always nice![/quote]

Prepped a delightful meat sauce from an NCP recently. But yeah, they added a bunch of fruits and vegetables recently and those go bad before the end of the first week. Figured some other foodstuffs (And recipes) might be worth adding… A few I have in mind already:

Sloppy Joe & Manwich - Not sure which will be which but one will be the cannibal variant.
Hamburger/Tuna Helper - Meat (or tuna), Macaroni, and some Cheese. Human Helper for Cannibal variant?
Lunch Meat - Meat that can be eaten cold, preserved to a painful degree. Looser Lunch Meat for Cannibal Varriet.

Though a couple long-term goals I’d like to accomplish if the devs don’t hate me for what I’ve tried to do so far…
Separate “Meat” into Beef, Pork, Chicken but leave “Meat” as a catch-all for Snakes, Rabbits, Turkeys, Moose, Horses, etc. Assuming no one has an issue with it
Find a way to make the game accept multiple inputs for container type and select it at random when spawning them. (EG make it so Soda can spawn in a Can, Bottle, or 2l bottle) But this one’s more of a pipe-dream XD

Paper Wrapper of Cola. :3

…What’s that?

You mean something like this?

You mean something like this?

I was making fun of container logic in Cata, but that works too

I want to see bagged milk so I can 1. say I have had bagged milk (always got jugs) 2. laugh/cry when the bag rips and I have no milk for whatever cereal my soon to be dead survivor desires.

Ice Cream, Butter, Yogurt, in progress. Not sure how to go about Ice Cream though because that melts and becomes unusable before it goes bad… Not sure how to go about that…

Lobsters?

Kentucky Fried Chicken
Joe’s Iguana On A Stick (I did bought that and I’m not sorry about that 15 caps)
Watermelons
Cream Soda
Also, we really need some more chicken stuff

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:11, topic:4032”]Kentucky Fried Chicken
Joe’s Iguana On A Stick (I did bought that and I’m not sorry about that 15 caps)
Watermelons
Cream Soda
Also, we really need some more chicken stuff[/quote]

I think Watermelons are already in, also is anyone against a magical container for the ice cream that keeps it cold until activated /then/ starts going bad? (Using the UNJAR function)

EDIT: Added…
Lunch Meat, Bologna, Brat Bologna, Cream Soda, lemon-lime soda, “energy soda” (Mountain dew), Chocolate Covered Pretzels, M&Ms (as “candy”), Skittles (as “candy”), Frozen Burrito, Cooked Burrito, Hamburger Helper, Hobo Helper, Pork and Beans, Deep Fried Chicken, Canned Chicken, Meat Pie, Prick Pie, Yogurt, Nachos, Cheese Nachos, Niño nachos, Meat Nachos, Cheese & Meat Nachos, Cheese & Numbskull Nachos

Not sure what to do about Ice cream still.

I havent read all the posts as I am in a rush, so if something is mentioned that has already been suggested I apologize in advance.

Loo roll and paper - Food for when you get really really desperate. Negative mood hit and if too much is consumed then stomach aches. Makes you thirsty and has barely any nutrients, but sometimes you just gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Toothpaste - Again, you’re desperate. Spawns with maybe randomly between 1-20 uses. Too much causes poison from the ingredients.

Sugar water - Mix some sugar into water for a sweet treat. Plus morale modifier and decent quench.

Packets of/tins of hotdog sausages - Tins take longer to spoil, heated in a pan with water to make cooked hotdogs.

Hotdog in a bun - needs bread x2 and cooked hotdog x1 to make a nice quick meal.

Mustard (if it isnt in game already.) Used in crafting. Morale hit if eating too much.

Chilli sauce (if it isnt in game already) Used in crafting Morale hit if eating too much

Tomato/Mustard/Chilli dog - hotdog in a bun with one of the sauces mentioned

[quote=“Samscale1, post:13, topic:4032”]I havent read all the posts as I am in a rush, so if something is mentioned that has already been suggested I apologize in advance.

Loo roll and paper - Food for when you get really really desperate. Negative mood hit and if too much is consumed then stomach aches. Makes you thirsty and has barely any nutrients, but sometimes you just gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Toothpaste - Again, you’re desperate. Spawns with maybe randomly between 1-20 uses. Too much causes poison from the ingredients.

Sugar water - Mix some sugar into water for a sweet treat. Plus morale modifier and decent quench.

Packets of/tins of hotdog sausages - Tins take longer to spoil, heated in a pan with water to make cooked hotdogs.

Hotdog in a bun - needs bread x2 and cooked hotdog x1 to make a nice quick meal.

Mustard (if it isnt in game already.) Used in crafting. Morale hit if eating too much.

Chilli sauce (if it isnt in game already) Used in crafting Morale hit if eating too much

Tomato/Mustard/Chilli dog - hotdog in a bun with one of the sauces mentioned[/quote]

All of em but the TP, Toothpaste, Chilli Sauce, and Chilli dogs are either in the mod or ingame. I’ll work on some of it in a moment, I don’t see a reason to add the TP or the sugar water.

Sorry for the double post…

Assuming there are no grammar or spelling errors the first version of this will be finished tomorrow.

[spoiler=Changes]Lunch Meat
Bologna & Brat Bologna
Cream Soda
lemon-lime soda
"energy soda" (Mountain dew)
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
M&Ms (as “candy”)
Skittles (as “candy”)
Frozen Burrito & Cooked Burrito
Hamburger Helper & Hobo Helper
Pork and Beans
Deep Fried Chicken
Canned Chicken
Meat Pie & Prick Pie
Yogurt
Nachos, Cheese Nachos, Niño nachos, Meat Nachos, Cheese & Meat Nachos, and Cheese & Niño Nachos
Sloppy Joes & Manwich
Tacos & Tio Tacos
Hotdogs, Corndogs, Chili Dogs
Chili & Cheater Chili
Irradiated Fruits & Vegetables (That come sealed in a plastic bag)
Pudding
Cereals (Three Kinds, Sugary w/ Marsh mellows, “Oats”, and corn flake)
and a few more I probably forgot.

I also removed the morale boost from Cooked Meat, the “Hot food” bonus is still there.

Spawn lists & Recipes updated.

Easter Eggs included. ;)[/spoiler]

Add salmiac powder.
It’s basically powder that has a strong, sweet and sour flavor at the same time. Would need a new container “candy tube”.
Would have 5 portions per tube (Each tube is roughly 50 milliliters, so 0,2 volume, considering that 1 vol = 2,5 deciliters.)
Each portion would have a nutrition of ~5 and quench of -2. Morale bonus 6 per portion.

we need hot chocolate. And cocoa. And chocolate cake. and more cakes. And cakes with guff on them. And of course the insanely sweet frosting that is hard as cement after a day. Homemade guff,not store guff.

[quote=“Zaweri Runewright, post:16, topic:4032”]Add salmiac powder.
It’s basically powder that has a strong, sweet and sour flavor at the same time. Would need a new container “candy tube”.
Would have 5 portions per tube (Each tube is roughly 50 milliliters, so 0,2 volume, considering that 1 vol = 2,5 deciliters.)
Each portion would have a nutrition of ~5 and quench of -2. Morale bonus 6 per portion.[/quote]

At 5 portions per tube it’d fit in the Glass Flask, it could be nice to have more of those around… I might bump down the quench a little further, it’s a sweet/sour powder afterall. And lastly put the morale on-par with candy. But other than that, I’ll see about adding it when I get home today.

I think “Chocolate Drink” covers your first one, just heat it. …I’m not too sure what “cocoa” is, and lastly I might do a cake2, cake3 like with the chips and candy… But cake is pretty damn rare as is… What’s Guff?

Guff is just stuff, cocoa is what you use to produce hot chocolate, or really any chocolate. Its what they use to produce everything.

Fancy mineral water in fancy glass bottles