New Building: War Museum

So, my new suggestion for a building is a War Museum.
In it, survivors would be able to find antique weaponry, such as muskets and weapons from the WWII era, as well as period clothing. (WWII army helmets and uniforms, ETC.)
There would be very little, if any, ammunition, but many of the weapons used in WWII use ammunition that could be plausibly found in other places.
A few weapons that could be tied in with this would be:
M1 Garand (8-round semiautomatic rifle, would have to make a “ping!” sound after the last shot was fired for extra realism) (.30-06)
Thompson M1A1 (20/30-round submachine gun, could have 20 rounds be the default and 30 rounds with extended magazine.) (.45 ACP)
Springfield M1903 (5-round bolt-action rifle.) (.30-06)
Browning M1919 (Can’t remember how many rounds one of these had in a belt, but it was a light machine gun.) (.30cal)
M1 Carbine (15-round semiautomatic carbine, could also include a lighter M1A1 variant like paratroopers would use.) (.30cal)
Winchester 1897 (pump-action shotgun, held six shells iirc) (12ga)
MP40 (32-round magazine German submachine gun) (9mm)
Luger P.08 (8-round semiautomatic German handgun) (9mm)
Sten (32-round magazine British submachine gun) (9mm)

You could also add in a couple new professions, like Night Watchman (could spawn in either a museum or a warehouse with a flashlight and uniform, not sure what his skills would be, though) or Museum Curator (spawns in with tweed suit, not sure what skills here either.)

The museum would have a few alarms here and there that players would have to watch out for.

Just a suggestion, constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Huehuehue.

Interesting, though there would logically be more Kar98ks and P38s than MP40s and P.08s.

M1 Garand, Thompson, M1903, and Sten are already in the experimentals. You also missed the Browning Automatic Rifle. <3

Sounds a bit like an excuse to add a thinly-disguised arsenal :slight_smile:
We don’t have much need for building ideas, what we need is for people to actually make them, vache is working on something to make that a bit easier though…

No love for the Welrod

I’m working on something similar to this, I already have a small prototype on the forums, just check my profile, got basic German stuff, uniforms, weapons, etc etc. I might expand it outwards a bit, currently spawns in a pawn shop, albeit, I could attempt to add profession, more tools for the other armies, and maybe a musuem, if I can find out how I can make a custom item group.

I’m not sure that the museum pieces would be in working order. If they spawned as a mix of damaged, replica (non-functional) and the occasional working model that could be pretty cool. Old-time army kit would be a better score from this kind of place.

You’re the guy that made that Heer mod that faded into obscurity, I’m guessing? >w>

Needs moar tanker’s chocolate.