Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

I’d be nice if there were an epicenter of some sort, where New England is more nethered than elsewhere. Could tell how hot or cold you were to finding it by the sort of map that gets genned (could be a good use for the desert_test stuff)

On that note. What if each new ‘chunk’ of world map genned from going too far north/south/west/east genned via different rules? Like a nuked out area with high background radiation populated by extra large mutated wildlife. Or an ‘Anomalous Sea’ That’s mostly shallow/deep water and sea life.

Even a simplified trending system would be really nice, but it would need to work by location rather than sequentially. I suppose it could generate a seed based upon its neighbours or something… Or better yet, you have one seed from the neighbours and one seed from the coordinates and combine the generated terrain!

Being able to saw off the stocks and/or barrels of weapons other than shotguns to decrease weight and volume.
My survivors often travel very light when on raids, usually carrying only a single runner pack and a handgun, but being able to bring the power of a full-sized rifle in a smaller frame would be nice.
The only drawback to sawing off parts of your weapon would be severe increases in recoil (especially to automatic weapons like the AK)

Craftable uncooked hot dogs, or at least something similar to make cheater chili dogs. Pretty much impossible to find hot dogs after a few days have passed.

…why not just allow sausages in the recipe? :V

Yeah, I’m all right with that. Or mannwursts.

For extra cannibalism. o3o

I really should be able to make a combo pizza, with both meat and vegetables. I have onions, and I have meat, and these would naturally be delicious in a pizza together.

Don’t forget the black olives and jalapeños. o3o

More uses for the cash card beyond vending machines and gas pumps, perhaps? Like… say, maybe a sort of reinforced glass case in electronics stores holding some high-end bionics. Need to use a cash card to open the case. Something like that?

Stud diamonds on clothing, for fancy bonuses.

Recoil for firing guns while on rollerblades. :smiley:

Sarashi.

Technically that’s part of the point behind the chestwraps being added.

A search feature on Keybinding list.

+1
fairly often that I find myself searching through it 2+1/2 times or so.

Descriptions on the construction menu for each construction.

or just to the wiki.

ugh…More keypress…

:frowning: yeah… more in game desc for everything is definitely a plus.