To-do list?

To make it simpler, and focus the community, why not make a to-do list of the most important things that need implemented and may even speed up development, such as focusing the entire community on two or three things, so a large number of people work on it, which means trial and error should speed up, and even perhaps cleaner code from the large number of people working on a small number of things.

I know this is likely to be rejected cause, yes, it is a shittily thought out idea, I just feel this could help the game increase in progress.

Well, the thing with crowd-development is that individual developers will work on what they want to work on.

That being said, I see no problem with a “Hey devguys we’d like to see these features in the game and it would be greatly appreciated if you worked on them if you had the time pretty please.” list.

I mean, isn’t that what the suggestions forum is for?

The issue is who decides what gets put on the list. If there was some kind of voting mechanic in place this would be much easier.

What we have is: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues
This list is surprisingly effective, we have developers submitting fixes to issues there all the time, ranging from simple balance tweaks to major chunks of functionality, but if you’re not a developer this all kind of happens in the background.

As Blaze points out, we have many such lists, of course there are always more tasks than there is time to address them, so it seems like there’s a shortfall, because there is :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be super happy if there was a site that let the users and developers vote github issues up, in fact I’m looking at some solutions for that now, but nothing is looking good at the moment.

Well I haven’t been to github so I didn’t know :stuck_out_tongue:
But what I was thinking was like 1 or 2 features at a time and going from there until the large chunks are in then just free for all it once it is able to be considered “finished” in the large scale coding.

It seems rather odd for you to make suggestions for development if you haven’t even been to the site we use for development :confused:

The “issues” page of the github “https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues” is pretty much like a “to-do list”…