Mugling is unfit to be a developer

Gonna disagree, in my experience having a forum dedicated to complaining about other people tends to invite frequent complaining about other people.

All this drama over some guy that made a 1kb mod.

Just so you know, i called him out months ago and then got told i wasn’t nice…lol.

Or it might encourage people to speak out against perceived grievances which might otherwise go unchecked. Do you really want people creating these threads and putting them all over the forum instead? If people have complaints, they want to voice them. We’ve already established—and RD has admitted—that the reason they made this thread was because they had nowhere else they could go where they felt their voice would be heard.

Come on, every forum/game that has admins/devs/contributors interacting with each other and their players should (and usually does) have an administrative complaints section. It’s a forum’s equivalent of a customer support line where customers can freely complain about bad employees/managers/service, only the difference being that it is an open discussion and can involve those same admins/devs/contributors making the complaints themselves.

As long as a complaint format is followed when a thread is created in the AC board, I can’t see it just being abused. Besides, abuse of the board would lead to bans and that’s a disincentive towards such behavior.

The only other solution I can think of is to make an admin/dev/contributor-only board that is off limits to the general playerbase where they can go to make these complaints without dirtying up the forum. But then that cuts out the possibility of regular players like me being able to go to it to complain.

Well, that was… familiar, lmao.

It seems to me that everyone has said their piece and that a lot of this stemmed from a combination of unresolved disagreements, misunderstands of the nature of the work of a peer group, and the OP who strikes me as WAY too much like myself for me to rag on. Some folks just keep shit bottled up until it bursts, and that burst has aggravating stamina. All things considered though, I’m impressed with how much everyone involved has kept a mostly cool head and kept their pride in check.

So, is someone going to axe this thread so as to not have an inflammatory topic just sitting on the front page or are we waiting for it to die a natural death?

I agree lock thread leave it as is.

The only other solution I can think of is to make an admin/dev/contributor-only board that is off limits to the general playerbase where they can go to make these complaints without dirtying up the forum.

Which is what should happen when you have subgroups of individuals interacting at different levels in the same community. I have 0 IDEA of the personal grievances ppl referenced in this thread have between them but “suddenly” I’m reading and allowed to participate in this kind of discussions because the way they are posted.

Do you know what it looks like from a complete stranger PoV?

An attempt to initiate a Witchhunt against another Dev/Contributor in PRECISSELY the subforum with most threads/views…

…Intentional?

Final result:

• For strangers like me → Poor perception of Dev team quality → Insecurity about the future of the game.

• For ppl involved in the “issue” → Unwanted scrutiny by ppl (like me) that have 0 clue of what’s happening → Misunderstanding/misleading → Interference with any kind of calmed discussion with real chances to address the underlaying causes because “swords have been drawn” in public.

• For potential Devs/Contributors → Disorganized team image that needs to address internal issues in public → Less attractive work environment → Less chances to have new blood into the team.

So, in short, this kind of “Rage Explosions” and “Public Judgements” are usually the outcome of a longer process were frustations and misunderstandings grow slowly until they reach a “critical mass”…

…Incorporating MORE COMMUNICATION TOOLS were individuals directly involved into a given issue can talk and express their opinions WITHOUT external influence helps always at:

a) Preventing frustations from growing up and becoming personal issues.

b) Early spotting of Dramaqueens craving for attention and thus, unfit to work in a team-based environment.

Just the 2 cents from some1 with exactly 0 knowledge of what’s happening and that just was drawn into this by the “clickbait” of this thread’s tittle.

This is a rather pointless discussion.

I would like to add one thing:

Bring LazyCat back.

Let the drama continue.

I’m actually going to lock this one, there’s nothing productive to add except this:
random, I’ve not taken action on the forums relative to our issues with development because they were unrelated to each other and you didn’t break any forum rules. Now though, you’ve crossed a line with this unwarranted attack on another developer. If you cannot behave civilly you are not welcome here, this is your final warning, any future outburst will result in a ban.