"Mshock's" tileset (v0.36)

Just merged an update. w00t for updating!

ash and rubble has tiles, but the tileset use the fallback version.

It should be fixed in v0.26.

I love this tileset, thanks for the work.

I’m having a problem though, and I’m thinking it has to do with the tileset rather than the game itself, because it fixes itself if I save, quit, turn off tiles, and reload.

Basically items that are on or placed on tables or counters, or even the floor nearby, will have their icons disappear. The items are still there, I can pick them up and use them like normal, but they’re icons never reappear if I drop them somewhere else. In ASCII mode there are indication the items are where they ought to be.

I’m not sure how to share a save game folder, but I can pretty consistently make them happen across any experimental game version from the past week or so.

Hey, you can move fallback into separate .png, it should save you changing ascii offsets every time you add some tiles and reduce the size when committing changes to tiles.png. I thought that I add that possibility in code and found out that it is possible already but nobody uses it for some reason.

To make it work, just add new object into “tiles-new” array

{
      "file": "gfx/SplitTest/fallback.png",
      "tiles": [
      ],
      "ascii": [
        { "offset": 0, "color": "BLACK" },
        { "offset": 256, "bold": true, "color": "WHITE" },
        { "offset": 512, "color": "WHITE" },
        { "offset": 768, "bold": true, "color": "BLACK" },
        { "offset": 1024, "color": "RED" },
        { "offset": 1280, "color": "GREEN" },
        { "offset": 1536, "color": "BLUE" },
        { "offset": 1792, "color": "CYAN" },
        { "offset": 2048, "color": "MAGENTA" },
        { "offset": 2304, "color": "YELLOW" },
        { "offset": 2560, "bold": true, "color": "RED" },
        { "offset": 2816, "bold": true, "color": "GREEN" },
        { "offset": 3072, "bold": true, "color": "BLUE" },
        { "offset": 3328, "bold": true, "color": "CYAN" },
        { "offset": 3584, "bold": true, "color": "MAGENTA" },
        { "offset": 3840, "bold": true, "color": "YELLOW" }
      ]
    }

[quote=“bramble, post:24, topic:7270”]I love this tileset, thanks for the work.

I’m having a problem though, and I’m thinking it has to do with the tileset rather than the game itself, because it fixes itself if I save, quit, turn off tiles, and reload.

Basically items that are on or placed on tables or counters, or even the floor nearby, will have their icons disappear. The items are still there, I can pick them up and use them like normal, but they’re icons never reappear if I drop them somewhere else. In ASCII mode there are indication the items are where they ought to be.

I’m not sure how to share a save game folder, but I can pretty consistently make them happen across any experimental game version from the past week or so.[/quote]
Actually, it’s a game problem that applies to all tilesets, I’ll try to address it as quickly as possible. (something to do with hot air)

Well I had no idea, so thanks; good to know. :slight_smile:

Wow, thanks, definitely will try to do in the next versions.

[quote=“Mshock, post:26, topic:7270”][quote=“bramble, post:24, topic:7270”]I love this tileset, thanks for the work.

I’m not sure how to share a save game folder, but I can pretty consistently make them happen across any experimental game version from the past week or so.[/quote]
Actually, it’s a game problem that applies to all tilesets, I’ll try to address it as quickly as possible. (something to do with hot air)[/quote]

I’ve noticed now that the problem happens when I have a fire burning in a stone fireplace, and that the items reappear when the fire is out, so yeah, I guess it makes sense it is temperature related somehow

Field display thing with tiles. I merged a fix for it earlier today, so if it’s still occurring in latest, let us know!

The issue appears to be fixed with the latest build. Thanks so much!

Hi all

I have started using this tileset and really like it thanks you

I just see on the latest experimentle build this

Seasonal Tiles (commit: dbeeeb760c80c7584a3a5497254e4b0a978e7f01) (detail)

does this mean that when it snows the tiles could be white to show snow?

If so Mshock is there any plans to paint all the tiles with a white base or what ever you think would be reqiured?

P.S

All so what about when its raining maybe have some tiles change to show muddy areas :0

[quote=“stk2008, post:32, topic:7270”]Hi all

If so Mshock is there any plans to paint all the tiles with a white base or what ever you think would be reqiured?

P.S

All so what about when its raining maybe have some tiles change to show muddy areas :0[/quote]

Seasonal tiles depends on season, so nope, if there is snowing in spring, no snow terrain for you! :slight_smile:
Not ideal I know, but doing it by actual weather would be complicated to implement correctly (snow stays even when snowing stops, if temperature is under 0 °C)
Also, it could not be used for other seasonal stuff.

Just keep in mind that doing snow variant for all terrain tiles is lot of work and Mshock might not want to do it just for neater winter.

[quote=“stk2008, post:32, topic:7270”]Hi all

P.S

All so what about when its raining maybe have some tiles change to show muddy areas :0[/quote]
Hi, stk2008. I’m happy that you like my work. I try my best to improve the tileset.
BUT, I’m studying to be process engineer and have a little of artistic talent. Also I have a problem with one exam type thingy (technical term) right now, so I have a lot of work to do ahead of me, including A5 list of tiles to do and overlay system. But I hope to get back on track next week. :slight_smile:

Little teaser about overlays. I did this picture while I was testing my editor:

Overlays for wearing tank top, wiealding combat knife and having horns mutation

Hey, guy, do you want to be a co-author or something…
And I recommend to take clothing and characters from this tileset.
Also this paint.net file for testing overlays.

wow i love the overlays

and no probs mshock thanks for all your work its great :slight_smile:

Hey, guy, do you want to be a co-author or something…
And I recommend to take clothing and characters from this tileset.[/quote]

I just wanted to share info about CIB’s overlay functionality and I had an example picture on hand. I hope my spamming in your thread didn’t offend you?

I will download the zip though… :slight_smile:

I checked it out!

Guy is fine, but the woman… is also fine, but I have irresistible urge to feed blobs with her right from start of the game.

I have to use your own words:

“Looks like now this world will be like internet, where men are men and women are also men. :-)”

hides from KA101

? I dont get the part where you say “hides”

You cant hide from KA101 :stuck_out_tongue: