Moar (improvised) Weapons!

Oddly enough, this was suggested a while back.

Once it was explained to the person who suggested it that detonating the landmine would hurt them too (maybe they were thinking of a reeeeeaaaaaallllly long stick) they dropped it.

It makes for a very amusing mental image, though.

If we didn’t have chainswords already I’d suggest a hacksword = Several manhacks lined up along a hacksaw and reinforced with some bits of metal.

I like tire armor and I like puns, if it gets added why not call it TREAD MAIL?

As long as we’re suggesting improvised anything why don’t we show some love to the redheaded step-child of the crafting menu–TRAPS.

Several quick ideas:

*Atomic Landmine
*Concertina wire
*A reaction for setting grenades to go off when a door is opened/smashed
*Various IED’s : Spring Mines, Nail bombs, and acid ‘sprinklers’.
*Termite = Mix some up and sprinkle liberally onto the ground. Ignite for an instant raging inferno from your makeshift pyrotechnics.
*Car Bombs = Powerful explosives that can be cued for detonation via vehicle controls.
*Electrified wire
*Crybaby = Landmine+Talking doll+Ducktape
*Glass Shards+Superglue
*etc

I like Lorkins ideas.

Not carpet armor.

[quote=“Logrin, post:22, topic:5047”]*Concertina wire
*Electrified wire[/quote]
It might not be a bad idea to change out all “Barbed Wire” to be “Razor Wire” I think the only place barbed wire is still in use is farms, secure locations use Razor Wire with an electrified fence.

Did you mean Thermite? Might be nice to have this available in game to breach locked metal doors…

All I can think of is the Crybaby in Firefly now. Thanks.

[quote=“turtleagldragon, post:18, topic:5047”]Okay, not too many new ideas…

Lets talk about those spiked balls, i don’t see how they would hurt you when you’re carrying them if a katana, a chainsaw, or a thousand machetes wont hurt you at all in your pockets, who cares if it should. What if it gets stuck in the zombie it hits and you can pick it up after smashing the corpse? You might not get it back, but it might even be a 1 hit KO if your char is a reasonably good thrower.[/quote]

Sure why would you actually use on instead of like throwing a rock? Because it has nails? I cant say I have thrown a nail ball at someone before but Im pretty sure it wouldnt perform as well as lets say, a rock. Anyway how are you even going to make it?

Sorry guy, when it comes to CATA rocks beat nails, and scissors, and paper.

Oddly enough, this was suggested a while back.

Once it was explained to the person who suggested it that detonating the landmine would hurt them too (maybe they were thinking of a reeeeeaaaaaallllly long stick) they dropped it.

It makes for a very amusing mental image, though.[/quote]

If this was a claymore, I can see this working out if luck decides to smile upon the idiot who decides to try it.

As long as they’re bright enough to read the part that says, “Front towards enemy”… Which is not a given, considering the type of people that would consider such a thing.

Looks like you caught my typo Ekarus. I did indeed mean thermite. I was thinking that this could be great for just dropping on the ground and lighting on fire for an instant inferno that would domino its way down the trail.

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:26, topic:5047”]If this was a claymore, I can see this working out if luck decides to smile upon the idiot who decides to try it.

As long as they’re bright enough to read the part that says, “Front towards enemy”… Which is not a given, considering the type of people that would consider such a thing.[/quote]

Not even luck is going to save you in that situation.

Regarding the M18 Claymore directional fragmentation mine:

In other words, don’t do it.

Damn. I wanted claymores since forever.

If you guys want bucket armor or tire armor, just make a recipe for “plastic” suits, boots,helmet,blablabla
Cut up things for materials and carry on.

So, anyone one want a recap? cause here it is anyway!
I’d rather just leave this here than edit the original since all your replies (and mine) wouldn’t make no sense afterwards.

Whip / electric Whip ~ if that one’s still up on the table, hardly any damage to zombies but could wrap around them like steel chains
Whip with bits of sharp stuff in it ~ just stuff like scrap metal or splintered wood.
Mop flail ~ just a mop with some rocks tied to the ends, nuff said.
pepper spray ~ if that’s still on the table, just for NPCs and maybe animals
Carpet jackets ~ crafted with a leather jacket or t-shirt or something and some carpet, since no-one seems to like wearing carpet on it’s own, just sew squares onto a shirt maybe?
Some sort of tread mail ~ not sure how, not sure if, i’ll leave that up to you guys, but that’s the best name ever.
Car bombs ~ I think this is too cool, someone should give this it’s own thread, oh yeah and the other stuff Logrin said.

and then everyone else keeps saying that’s stupid you don’t you go throw rocks at zombies and wear normal clothes cause every-undead-one thinks you look weird. Any more ideas or do you have a way to improve these ones or a legitimate reason why these shouldn’t be added?

And finally, some more ideas by yours truly, cause lord knows that will end well…

Broom+Pants+rocks flail ~ 'nother flail, but with the waist of the pants tied to the end of a broom, then the ankles of the pants sewn or tied or taped shut, and rocks in the end. It would be kinda long, and I don’t want to go into two tile combat, so maybe a higher to-hit or lower turns to hit?

fire blanket ~ just a blanket on fire, throw it on a zombie, and it starts to burn. Kinda the opposite of a fire blanket but whatever, not sure how the lighting would work though, maybe if you activate it then you would go straight into throwing but it will be on fire if you have a lighter or something, not exactly a weapon but it’s something that kills zombies and would be awesome to see in this game.

A lighter truck door ~ since car doors are getting a lot of too heavy don’t add, this surely must be reasonable, it wouldn’t even do too much damage anyway, but it would block a lot of damage.

Heck, I could probably hammer out a crude, one sided sword with some chunks of metal or a lump of steel and sharpen it out.

With rags as the handle, I see this going in awesomely.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:32, topic:5047”]Heck, I could probably hammer out a crude, one sided sword with some chunks of metal or a lump of steel and sharpen it out.

With rags as the handle, I see this going in awesomely.[/quote]

We’ve already got those. See sword_crude and sword_forged.

Yeah, but with the crude sword you need a 2 by sword, and I’ve never heard of the other one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, there’s a short sword? I have never seen it before, or in the crafting menu.

mental note: anarchist’s cookbook, chock full of recipes that will kill you.
Recipes that cause explosions when you attempt them.
Explosives produced that have a chance every turn after activation (including the turn activated) of detonating early.
Chance of dud that goes out… apparently.
Oh the fun to be had.

I’d love a chance to get “William Powelled” by shoddy IEDs!

I can hear the rage screams from here.