Miscellaneous Magiclysm Expansions

I’m using the latest version of this mod and the latest experimental of cdda.

Okay, and thank you.

No problem man, happy to help.

1 Like

Version 3 has (finally) been released. Enjoy!

1 Like

I haven’t gotten far enough to know myself, but do you have a magical rune system in place yet? Because I think a wonderful use for all the precious metals and gemstones you find would be to engrave your gear like a tailoring kit with some special runecarving kit. Could give each gemstone a specific buff, allowing you to stack them up with sufficient spellcasting/fabrication, to make some truly bonkers weapons and armor. I think the idea of a rune of climate control would be an absolute MUST for any heavily armored warriors out there. I don’t like having to remove gear while traveling on foot in summer, much rather just have a magical AC unit built into my survival suit.

Off the top of my head, for the gems I’ve seen in game, here’s some ideas for their various powers
Diamond: Is unbreakable
Ruby: Increases cut damage, or adjustable warmth
Sapphire: Increases bashing, or adjustable cool
Emerald: Provides acid damage, or improves acid resistance
Topaz: Provides electric damage, or insulates against electric damage
Opal: Mana regeneration on kill, or based on ambient light
Alexandrite: Health regen on kill, or based on ambient light
Amethyst: Social bonuses, cause it’s history as the royal gemstone
Aquamarine: Makes swimming easier/faster
Blue Topaz: See topaz
Citrine: Disease/infection resistance
Garnet: Improves stamina/reduces stamina drain
Pearl: Waterbreathing
Peridot and Tourmaline I’m drawing a blank on.

most of them would need to make code on C, i dare to say that the “rune engraving” action is kind of feasible since the arcana mod has an item that lets you modify clothing with things like chitin or bark (whereas the sewing kit lets you use things like metal or cloth). but making the modifications doing that kind of effects, that a whole new level of things :s

MME Release Version\monsters\undead.json seems to be borked.

All the “spell_id” entries need to be changed to “spell_data”: { “id”: “spell name”}. It’s just a handful of spells for the magician zed so it shouldn’t take long.

2 Likes

You could also use runes to store spells, perhaps? Just have them as activated items? I’d just like to play as a runesmith who’s hurling high explosive pebbles while the NEEEEEEEEERDS are wiggling their fingers and gibbering.

2 Likes

If i understood correctly, and someone only wants to copy paste, it should be something like this

modified part

“special_attacks”: [ { “type”: “spell”, “spell_data”:{“id”: “burning_hands”, “spell_level”: 4, “cooldown”: 10 }},
{ “type”: “spell”, “spell_data”:{“id”: “magus_escape”, “spell_level”: 10, “cooldown”: 20 }},
{ “type”: “spell”, “spell_data”: {“id”:“gravity_well”, “spell_level”: 20, “cooldown”: 30 }},
{ “type”: “spell”, “spell_data”: {“id”:“ice_spike”, “spell_level”: 15, “cooldown”: 20 }},
{ “type”: “spell”, “spell_data”: {“id”:“chilling_touch”, “spell_level”: 10, “cooldown”: 20 }},
{ “type”: “spell”, “spell_data”: {“id”:“lightning_storm”, “spell_level”: 6, “cooldown”: 20 }},
{ “type”: “spell”, “spell_data”:{“id”: “seismic_stomp”, “spell_level”: 10, “cooldown”: 15 }} ],

Sorry for double posting.

I found the necromancer (love the concept potential of the necro and atro spellbook), and when i learned the zombie pack spell (and therefore the decayed zombie spell) the decayed zombie spell started at level 2 instead of 0 or 1, the issue i see its that it says the max level is 1, even on the json

What spells does anyone wish to see added, or believe would provide an amazing addition?

Fleshing the atromancer class would be cool, just 2 creatures feels underwhelmed, and thats without comparing it with the necro class.

Version 3.5 has been released. The Atromancer class has been expanded. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I will add this to the mod compo

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//MME.Release.Version/MME Release Version/materials.json: line 12:25: missing mandatory member “bullet_resist”

"cut_resist": 8000,
"acid_resist": 8000,
"fire_resist": 8000,
                    ^
"elec_resist": 8000,
"chip_resist": 8000,
"dmg_adj": [ "scratched", "cut", "cracked", "shattered" ],

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 909

got another error and im not sure what’s the matter with this one.

In fact, grayeco, I have released a new version repairing many of the prior errors.

1 Like

I see good work
Cheers

1 Like

Version 4 of Miscellaneous Magiclysm Expansions has been released, titled Staff of the Magi. Magical staves received an addition, along with a wealth of new crafting recipes.

is the mod compatible with pre-nested container versions?

Yes. 10614 is the version upon which I have developed it, and the last version prior to the nested containers update.

1 Like