Miscellaneous Magiclysm Expansions

Singular noun for those items should be “staff”, not “stave”, shouldn’t it? Technically, they’re both correct, just seems odd when the update itself is named “Staff of the Magi”.

I recall the phrase “stave” used within the singular when speaking of such.

The moniker “Staff of the Magi” seemed to produce a far more pleasant sound, in terms of name.

1 Like

It’d be possible to make one (an actual Staff of the Magi) I think, but it’d require a lot of stacking JSON tool entries. Like, as an example, Advanced Gear has a Nanite Multitool that has three different states, each of them with different functions. Secronom, in the recent updates, put in a suit of armor that can spawn variable organic weapons, and I’ve seen a few other mods that played with variable state weapons. It’d just be very finicky to pull off.

1 Like

I’ve been taking a peek at the spells in the files and have come to the conclusion that most of them don’t need a separate class. Pyromancer and frostmonger spells would feel right at home on a kelvinist, necromancer spells would be fit snazzy on an animist, and all atromancer spells can each be divided up into the other classes, like the owlcub summon for druid, and cleave for technomancer for example.

Summoner is just about the only one that feels unique enough to be a class on its own, but with everything being ethereal I think the ghost summon spell would feel more at home on them. I don’t know if there’s going to be an opposing class for summoner if that’s to be the case, something like a bard type caster maybe, requiring playing music to do their spells. Both are essentially manipulation classes, one spirits(I think) and the other sound.

2 Likes

I’m guessing there’s no reason to have an opposing class to Summoner, because the lore in the mod indicates it was a new school of magic created just before the Cataclysm so it was too new to have anything cancel it out. It could definitely have a thematic opposite, though, and the bard idea is a neat one. Tag all the instruments in game as Magical Focus, and you’re golden.
Also, it looks like the X Cancels Y setup of Magiclysm is pure flavor. I’ve tried it with mods that cancel the class restrictions, and it doesn’t break the game balance. Spells are balanced out by the sheer amount of time it takes to get them reliably useful, as well as what RNGesus blesses you with in the loot tables.

I may uphold this assessment of the Summoner class, yes. The question is, more-so, what usage of magical ability may constitute as thematic opposition to the conjuration of various equipments? The “X versus Y” design of Magiclysm’s class method is explained to be a contrast between the exertion of a spellcasters will upon spacetime, or the channeling of spacetime via the aforementioned spellcaster. In the case of our theoretical bard, they would imbune their base emotions with magical energy, thereby exerting their will, in place of the opposing pole. As each summoner and bard exert their will, herein the prevention of opposition to one another.

May ye amongst us possess an idea in relation to an opposing magical school for the Summoner?

Golemancer maybe?

Summoners summon ethereal things, the not physical, to temporarily aid them.

Golemancers would call upon the aid of things they’ve built, the physical, which is a bit more permanent than the summoners summons but they require more investment. The golems(various types, the current humanoid ones are great examples) would require being physically assembled long before their use(item state) and activating them would require a golemancer’s rune to be placed on them(rune on same tile as golem item) and casting the ‘animate’ spell on that tile. This rune would power them for as long as the golemancer’s mana holds out, a slow drain on the mage that powers the golem. Golemancers wouldn’t be limited to just golems I’d imagine, casting the animate spell on random items lying around could make them fling themselves towards enemies, dealing damage. I can also see them eventually animating hollow golems to be worn like armour, essentially acting like power armour with various effects depending on the type of hollow golem.

3 Likes

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//Miscellaneous Magiclysm Expansions/monsters/undead.json: line 43:7: invalid monster flag: “BLEED”

"GROUP_BASH",
  "POISON",
  "
  ^
   BLEED",
  "NO_BREATHE",
  "REVIVES",

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::load_character_tab(bool)
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 1155

Have another error for ya.

Version 4.5 has received public release, resolving all mutagenic issues, including the release of a new mutation line. Unlike prior versions, 4.5 has received compatibility with recent experimental updates. Enjoy!

The error has been resolved.

My save file has been saved thank you!

Ye are most welcome.

DEBUG : Error: Invalid enum string ‘bio’ for ‘11damage_type’

LINE : 1146

Got another one for you.

1 Like

Version 5, Wandering Wizards, has been released.
Enjoy!

I’m sure it’s amazing, Great work!

1 Like

I plan upon the addition of new locations and non-player characters within the next update, possesseth anyone suggestions for such?

DEBUG : Error: Invalid enum string ‘fire’ for ‘11damage_type’

Man, this mod must have some kind of problem with me

I hath repaired all technical errors. All shall be well.

DEBUG : Error: Json error: data/mods//Miscellaneous Magiclysm Expansions/professions.json:51:263: invalid utf8 sequence

he son of a weatherman, you were always interested in the weather. Some time ago you found it was possible to manipulate the weather yourself through arcane means! Unfortunately you did not have long to enjoy your power, as events unfolded�
^
",
“spells”: [ { “id”: “lightning_bolt”, “level”: 11 }, { “id”: “windrun”, “level”: 5 }, { “id”: “windstrike”, “level”: 5 } ],
“skills”: [ { “level”: 2, “name”: “spellcraft” } ],

Got another one for ya.