Miscellaneous Magiclysm Expansions

Maybe there could be a hidden cast time and random target when it triggers a fail?

Just going to pitch this idea,

“Clicks fingers into finger guns”

LICH mutation branch:
Become an undead lord with a power increase to animist spells and new spells such as summoning Zombie Hulks or resurrection of unpupled zombie corpses (very time limited spell, best used in stressful situations).

5 Likes

Greetings. I seem to have experienced an odd error as of late, and I believe someone here could aid me.
It is in the Toolbox section of this site, entitled, “An Odd Mapgen Error”.
Thank ye

You know, now that I think about it, there could be a way for you to like become a pure mana-like creature though mutation.
Kind of like you have a lot of benefits for mana generation and capacity, but you start taking damage when you are low mana and thing like that.

2 Likes

Version 2.5 has been released! Enjoy!

3 Likes

Like the sugar man from the sweetcataclysm mod?

I could probably start by doing something similar and using that mod as a framework.

I will try my hand at this and see how it goes.

If you are successful, we could implement it into this modification.

It will have to wait a little, so many projects in my lap right now, but i can start looking into it this weekend, let’s how it goes

1 Like

This is still being worked on right?

If so, I have an idea: Just turn the classes into mutation trees.

Technomancer

Technomancer: Apex human intelligence and dexterity mutations, possible solar sensitivity, fast reader, etc. Essentially all the mods a smart-hacker cliche character would have taken to an extreme.

Animist/Biomancer

Biomancer/Animist: Takes on a large part of the grotesque mutations like pincers, skin flaps, paws, tails, tentacles, along with a possible “Necrotic Presence” mutation, where living creature have their life force sapped and are damaged by your disgusting body. Maybe zombies stop being hostile after a while? Include cannibal for good measure? Or maybe some of the medical mutations?

Druid

Druid: Elfa and tree mutations, with smaller chances of getting the beast and chimera mutations. Animal harmony becomes one of the first ones you are guaranteed to get.

Magnus

Magnus: Slime and ALL of the intelligence mutations. If the “Being of pure mana” mutations are added (I haven’t checked) this guy gets some of those but not all.

Kelvinist

Kelvinist: Mainly just efficiency and resistances to heat and cold. You don’t have to eat as much because your body becomes more efficient with energy, and you don’t need to drink as much because… lower body heat? Maybe a modified version of the lizard mutations about cold-bloodedness, where instead the just more extreme the temperatures, the better the stats? Cold increases perception and intelligence, whereas heat increases dexterity and strength along with movement speed?

Earthshaper

Earthshaper:Mix the Plant-life, Golem, troglodyte, and maybe some of the rat mutation trees, simple.

Stormshaper

Honestly, the hardest to probably make a tree for content wise. Maybe Radiogenic and radiation mutations? Or you ambiently charge devices/devices use significantly less charge or not at all. Same goes for bionics: You build charge as time goes on, so it’s like the joints bionic only faster and it also charges while standing still, only slower. Maybe you get an electric cloak like electric zombies when your body is stressed or you are close to death. You can also sense the weather, but suffer massive wet effects. Or you can build static charge by moving and release it on unarmed attacks?

My idea about how you get these is by using high level spells specific class, so the more you use those spells, you further along the line you get.

Electroreceptors is a trait that allows sight of robots through walls.

2 Likes

I should inform everyone that this modification is still in production. In fact, I am currently working on a new update.

2 Likes

I just managed to craft the demon armor, and i noticed that it doesnt has an sprite, isnt it possible to add a look a like tag or something?, i know its only visual, but it still irks me that my character looks naked

I shall add a “looks likes” entry to it with the next modification update.

as the latest version of the game, the mod popups the debug error of cant parse “c_lgray” and that there is a missing category for the orc threshold

Those, too, shall be fixed with the soon-coming release of a new version.

1 Like

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//Miscellaneous Magiclysm Expansions/start_location.json: line 3:30: must specify either id or abstract

[
{
“type”: “start_location”,
^
“ident”: “magic_cabin”,
“name”: “Magic Cabin”,
“target”: “magic_cabin”

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::load_character_tab(bool)
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 1099

Heres another error not sure what it means.

Change “ident” to “id” until the fix comes

1 Like

That did it thanks hope that fix comes soon!

1 Like

Just from curiosity, which version of the modification are you using?

1 Like