Minor Changes to Military based proffessions

I have a suggested change that should be implemented in all the military professions based on real-life knowledge. Doesn’t have to be all of these but one or many of these should be implemented because as is it really doesn’t make any sense to choose a military recruit Cost Per Points wise.

These Changes are due based on knowledge of basic training current military recruits are given.
Self Defense Class (Krav Maga)
Un-armed Skill +2
Survival +1
Launchers +1
Throwables +1
Melee +1
Pistols +2
First aid +2
Dodging+1
Cooking +1
Scout
Outdoorsman

Well, that’s the thing, your char hadn’t completed training before the Cataclysm hit.

One chardev point is worth 2 ranks in a skill, so that’s three points there. KM is worth another three points. Already that’s six points and we’ve not counted the single-point skills or the other traits.

I’m gonna Nope this one–you have gear, an M4, and ammo. Sorry.

This isn’t just talking about the Military Recruit Profession but rather the Professions that relate to the military in general and points values are not set in stone yet as far as i can tell i’ve seen points values for certain things change from version to version … The idea of the game is to create interesting narrative no? then why limit the options available to players based. Why would you have an M4 in the middle of training they train with weapons at the end of training.

“You were standing in the queue for the MOUT shoot house live-fire exercise when the cataclysm began. The back ranks covered your escape but were quickly overwhelmed, your stick scattered to the four winds. You are now alone alone and have no idea if your comrades were able to escape and you haven’t seen your COs since visiting the armory.”

Would explain why you have an M4 (or perhaps it could be stepped down to an M16 as most recruits in training are familiarized with the M16 weapon system before they are introduced to shorter and similar firing system of the M4 after learning trigger discipline.)

Heh… Didn’t think anyone else knew that except me n’ BadSniper, and maybe Clayton.

Heh… Didn’t think anyone else knew that except me n’ BadSniper, and maybe Clayton.[/quote]

Gun/Military Enthusiast here. Personally prefer obsessing with Fighters and bombers, but before History channel became a reality show hellhole watched the Military and Weapons tech shows religiously.

Heh… Didn’t think anyone else knew that except me n’ BadSniper, and maybe Clayton.[/quote]

Gun/Military Enthusiast here. Personally prefer obsessing with Fighters and bombers, but before History channel became a reality show hellhole watched the Military and Weapons tech shows religiously.[/quote]

Tho- Those are things?!?!?! Well, youtube has them but TV is different. Where do you find such channels!?!

Gun/Military Enthusiast here. Personally prefer obsessing with Fighters and bombers, but before History channel became a reality show hellhole watched the Military and Weapons tech shows religiously.[/quote]

Tho- Those are things?!?!?! Well, youtube has them but TV is different. Where do you find such channels!?![/quote]

Had DirectTV (satellite) for most of my life, History channel is 269, History channel 2 is 271, and American Heros channel (formerly known as the Military channel) is 287. Pretty sure Comcast has those channels as well.

Hell, I remember one show that used to come on really late at night with Sgt. R. Lee Ermy (Ret.), A.K.A. The Drill Sergent from “Full Metal Jacket”, called Mail Call. It was a damned good show. (yay 'Merica)

“You were standing in the queue for the MOUT shoot house live-fire exercise when the cataclysm began. The back ranks covered your escape but were quickly overwhelmed, your stick scattered to the four winds. You are now alone alone and have no idea if your comrades were able to escape and you haven’t seen your COs since visiting the armory.”

Would explain why you have an M4 (or perhaps it could be stepped down to an M16 as most recruits in training are familiarized with the M16 weapon system before they are introduced to shorter and similar firing system of the M4 after learning trigger discipline.)[/quote]

Because obviously we’d still be using the M16 in 204X. (Might be a trainee rifle, seeing as Rivtech’s got a few military contracts and 8mm caseless ain’t cheap.) Anyway, point values are a useful guideline and changing them is generally a separate question.

If you want to create your dream RP char, give yourself more points in the options. If you need more than 1,000 points, you need a different game.

Would explain why you have an M4 (or perhaps it could be stepped down to an M16 as most recruits in training are familiarized with the M16 weapon system before they are introduced to shorter and similar firing system of the M4 after learning trigger discipline.)[/quote]

Because obviously we’d still be using the M16 in 204X. (Might be a trainee rifle, seeing as Rivtech’s got a few military contracts and 8mm caseless ain’t cheap.) Anyway, point values are a useful guideline and changing them is generally a separate question.

If you want to create your dream RP char, give yourself more points in the options. If you need more than 1,000 points, you need a different game.[/quote]
Considering the US military are heavily favoring the HK416 (basically an even shorter and light-weight M16 than the M4) in 204X we’ll likely still be using a weapon system based on the M16, even if it was just a training weapon, highly likely that there will be a civilian non-airsoft version of the gun, likely as a carbine and often confused with the similar looking “AR-5” …now that I think on it, is there a trait that is the opposite of Trigger Happy?

No. What do you mean, opposite? “You’re so accustomed to firing single shots, you reflexively switch your burst weapons to single-shot mode sometimes”?

Sometimes your triggerfinger jams …

No. What do you mean, opposite? “You’re so accustomed to firing single shots, you reflexively switch your burst weapons to single-shot mode sometimes”?[/quote]
Nah, was thinking “Conservative shot: You’re so paranoid of missing with projectiles that you often hold your fire until you can see the whites of the target’s eyes” (+5 accuracy to attack rolls within a 5 tile radius of the PC, effect range doubled with scoped weapons, halved when boomer biled, trait negated by blindeness)