Military Police profession

The Military Police profession. Somehow I liked to play the cop and the soldier a lot, and just thought why not combine them?

Might have some similar skills to the regular police officers, maybe some improved gun know-hows or cqc capabilities to restrain people that has more training than the average civilians and hooligans. Could also be recognized by the police bots as an enforcer of the law, probably due to martial law.

1 Like

You can take the Json of the Military recruit, change the skills to what you said and maybe add a MP Brassard. then just edit the description and you should be good to go with a Mod or Pr ready profession. apparently MP dont look to different from equipment, thats why i recommend the military recruit

1 Like

They’re really that simple? I’m contemplating on making a mod myself right now, just gonna research some stuff a bit.

3 Likes

Yep, they are - Back before the days of nested inventories, I had a personal mod where I had a handful of professions, pieces of gear, etc that I’d assembled for certain roleplay scenarios over time. The professions were super quick to throw together. Legit recommend just jumping in and trying it, even if you make mistakes the game will give you a quick debug error about missing so or so at a certain point. Learning by failure is perfectly valid for json files :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Making slow progress on it due to laziness. But I’m planning on giving it some levels in driving since it seems like a driver’s license is required in it, and could start with a police car as well as a sidearm. Maybe I’ll even give it a starter mission to get said police car, along with ending the suffering of its dead partner…

EDIT: Upon thinking more about it, that actually sounds like it’ll be more in character for the NCO who is described as having a sort of parental relationship with the soldiers under him.

2 Likes

Its done. Not sure how much points it should be though. It does start with a lot of things, including a humvee, due to the most ironic thing of having to become the very looter the MP was meant to stop. I ended up not adding in the mission since, like I said, its much more in character for the NCO, maybe I’ll even mod that next, yeah?

1 Like

if you keep it as just mod, i dont think it matters how much point youll give it. i personally rated my vehicle profession much higher. like, Park Ranger was 9 point because starting with a Pickup truck is really powerful, and especially so would be a Humvee, haha

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that the jp9 fuel would be rare, but forgot that diesel actually work just fine for it.

1 Like