Merging Darkwolf and catatiles this needs to be done

So, I am looking at this myself, but the problem at the moment is that catatiles (from my understanding) does not work with your branch of cataclysm. Has there been any progress towards this? I might do it myself, but since I am not the original creator of catatiles, I wasn’t sure of the ethics involved with using someones work.

Move this to suggestionz adminz.

Well, it is more of a technical help than anything. I can do the work myself except I am running into a problem with OpenGL since I am compiling on windows…

It’s more of turning letters into textures, which with the tiles already made makes it fairly simple. Talk to KevinGrande about it.

This is what I have been working with, but I am unable to compile it. It should be fairly simple. Where is this work that is already done posted at?

Dunno.

I haven’t worked on it, gtaguy just thinks I know everything :stuck_out_tongue:

I think there was a fork of the original cataclysm after the map code rewrite whales did that was working on merging catatiles back in, should still be possible to merge that into dda if it got anywhere, although it might need additional updates to deal with dynamic lighting, but possibly not since that’s handled at a level or two above the curses draw code.

… Take a look at https://github.com/Gremour/Cataclysm
AFAICT that’s the most recent work anyone’s done on it, but unfortunately that’s from before the map code rewrite, so who knows what kind of shape it’s in :frowning:

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:154”]I haven’t worked on it, gtaguy just thinks I know everything :stuck_out_tongue:

I think there was a fork of the original cataclysm after the map code rewrite whales did that was working on merging catatiles back in, should still be possible to merge that into dda if it got anywhere, although it might need additional updates to deal with dynamic lighting, but possibly not since that’s handled at a level or two above the curses draw code.

… Take a look at https://github.com/Gremour/Cataclysm
AFAICT that’s the most recent work anyone’s done on it, but unfortunately that’s from before the map code rewrite, so who knows what kind of shape it’s in :([/quote]

Did gremour just drop off the face of the earth?

The problem is i think he said he was using code::blocks, which I dont know, and also, from the files I COULD find, there is little to none for documentation/commenting…

The last I heard he was getting busy with work, then he just kinda disappeared yea :frowning: