Cat-a-clysm: Metal Gear Kitten (aka cat mode)

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:1, topic:32”]The original Cataclysm was a great game, but it’s developer, Whales, has moved on to new pastures. That leaves us to carry to the torch. Building on the original Cataclysm code base, we hope that DDA becomes the new standard moving forward, and helps push the game out to a wider audience.

I’m not one of the more important people here - I’m just the guy who set up the website and forums. The real masters behind this version are the many people who’ve contributed to the code base to bring it to the state it is today. Whales, obviously, but also the people who continue development despite the lack of any official capacity.

First, The Darkling Wolf - Without DW, this project wouldn’t exist. The Darkling Wolf Mod managed to enhance the core Cataclysm game and pull together other amazing improvements from a wide variety of developers, leading to the original version of Dark Days Ahead. Fellow Administrator of the forums, and the offical “face” of the new project, DW is the person you should complain to if anything goes wrong, and the person you should laud (along with the other active devs) for the things you love. The Darkling Wolf will also be making the determination of what features end up included in the “official” and current version of Dark Days Ahead.

We also couldn’t have pulled this together without a lot of hard work by Creidieki, Uzername, Kevingranade, HerbertJones, Gim, Shades and Origamiwolf. Hopefully, they’ll all stop by sooner or later and introduce themselves, and continue making Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead even better.

And thanks to everyone reading this, because YOU are the people we’re doing this for!

Note:
If you’re interested in contributing, put your ideas into practice and post in the modding forum! We look forward to seeing what you can do.[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, whatever. But has this “mod” of yours got enough cats? Pastures filled with cats? Nyan cats? The ability to cuddle cats? Floating cats? Cathulhu? Has it got terrible references to old videogames? The word CUTE in it? Has it got a trojan inside it? Is it well balanced, with short good descriptions, pretty, colorful, cat-a-stic, and regularly improved? NO. Of course NOT. So what are you doing? Stop wasting your time with this “game” and play Cataclysm (note: not cataclysm with DDA at the end because that version SUCKS!!) the way it was actually meant to be, play CAT-a-clysm: Metal Gear Kitten!

Sip! it even comes with tiles!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmhe4lke75jizbc
Just drop the json on the json folder and select replace (you may want to copy the monsters.json to return the monsters to normality after you are done).

Possibly will convert all the monsters into cats, possibly

Your post doesn’t contain nearly enough obscenities or ego-stroking.

I mean come on, you managed to post your mod without any hideously ugly edited screenshots or telling us all how you’re better than all of us even once. I demand a refund!

haha…

Am I reading this wrong or has someones account been hacked?

It’s a joke thing.

Once the Mod Manager gets in, we need to demand he make a PR for it as a mod.

Sweet mother of cats… I shall proceed to download the living shenanigans out of this.

OP does seem a little too lacking in profanity to be from he-who-must-not-be-named. Although I thought I remembered GlyphGryph saying he was going to start editing the posts of he-who-must-not-be-named, to make them friendlier and more entertaining. But I guess this is actually just someone else pretending to be he-who-must-not-be-named, pretending to be someone else, who is pretending to be nice? Uh, I think? Ow, I think I just gave myself a headache. Either way, I’ll definately take a look at this, sounds like fun, good job.

Even has a mediafire linky! I’m gonna look at the new jsons and see if I can stuff this into a mod folder and use it to test my mod manager :smiley:

EDIT OF JUSTICE*** Seems I will be able to use it as a test ^^ I’ll do a comparison between the current monsters.json and yours so I can remove just the redundant bits. Don’t wanna read in verbatim redundant data :stuck_out_tongue: Once I get it loading things correctly I’ll give an update. Excited to have a test mod now ^^

[quote=“GalenEvil, post:9, topic:3726”]Even has a mediafire linky! I’m gonna look at the new jsons and see if I can stuff this into a mod folder and use it to test my mod manager :smiley:

EDIT OF JUSTICE*** Seems I will be able to use it as a test ^^ I’ll do a comparison between the current monsters.json and yours so I can remove just the redundant bits. Don’t wanna read in verbatim redundant data :stuck_out_tongue: Once I get it loading things correctly I’ll give an update. Excited to have a test mod now ^^[/quote]

YOU LITTLE BRAT WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD USE MY CODE FOR YOUR LITTLE BROKEN GAME!!

(this one sounds more like the unnameable but still I am so bad at trolling)
Its good to know that something moderately useful came out from this

No no no, you’re supposed to proclaim your superiority to all forms of life, then get butthurt and take down your link for no particular reason only to put it back up again after an arbitrary amount of time has passed.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:3726”]YOU LITTLE BRAT WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD USE MY CODE FOR YOUR LITTLE BROKEN GAME!!

Its good to know that something moderately useful came out from this[/quote]

Also quote and respond to EVERYTHING in tiny little quote blocks using lots and lots of really short questions, like this:

Why are you laughing? Kitties are cute, not funny!

Who is joking? Kittens are no joke!

I don’t even have a question for this one. I’m superior to things and stuff!

Kittens!

I love kittens!

Kittens r fo teh pussiez, dogz prevail over your sorry asses!

(Wait, am I getting it correctly or is it just a thread where we’re simulating a flaming modmaker?)

As you can see the kittenclysm has the stamp of approval from ActuallyLazyCat, so this must be a horrible horrible thread :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:3726”][quote=“GalenEvil, post:9, topic:3726”]Even has a mediafire linky! I’m gonna look at the new jsons and see if I can stuff this into a mod folder and use it to test my mod manager :smiley:

EDIT OF JUSTICE*** Seems I will be able to use it as a test ^^ I’ll do a comparison between the current monsters.json and yours so I can remove just the redundant bits. Don’t wanna read in verbatim redundant data :stuck_out_tongue: Once I get it loading things correctly I’ll give an update. Excited to have a test mod now ^^[/quote]

YOU LITTLE BRAT WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD USE MY CODE FOR YOUR LITTLE BROKEN GAME!!

Its good to know that something moderately useful came out from this[/quote]
Missing the superiority complex, the ego, the getting banned and coming back over 9000 times, the threat of a virus attached and the density to bend light around you :stuck_out_tongue:

But other than that good impersonation of [Name Redacted].

WE all know you do, child. I did this for you (thanks for the links BTW)

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:14, topic:3726”]Kittens r fo teh pussiez, dogz prevail over your sorry asses!

(Wait, am I getting it correctly or is it just a thread where we’re simulating a flaming modmaker?)[/quote]

You ignorant piece of scum! Going around telling me how to code when you can barely remove your hands from your nose in order to
type on a keyboard.

This is not about approval at all, this is about letting the world know what is right!

Damn i am getting better at this, no offense meant trusty, also updated the first post to be more faithful to the original ones

Your getting there! Need to work on the superiority complex a bit try and make yourself seem like the greatest thing ever.

I’m waiting for the kitten-based poetry to start.

I SEE YOU KITTEN
YOU WILL BE SMITTEN
It’s a… death metal thingy.