No graphical tilesets?

Hello,

I’ve been away from CataDDA for quite a long time, and i have a small issue now. I’m on Linux Mint XFCE 64bits, and i did that according to http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=3.0 :

Linux First, open the terminal. On Ubuntu, it is accessible under Applications / Accessories. Now, let's install the dependencies we'll need. It may ask you to type in your password or Y to confirm. Do it and continue.

“sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev g++ git-core”

This is it. Now to pull the source. You’re likely in your “home” or “root” directory in the terminal. You can use “ls” to list the directories and “cd” to move into them.
Once you are where you want the source to be, type “git clone git://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA.git”. This’ll make a directory called Cataclysm-DDA and pull the source into it. It might take a while.

Type “cd Cataclysm-DDA” to move into the directory. Now type “make” to compile it. If it fails, try “make clean”.

If it works, try running the game with “./cataclysm”. If that also works, you’re ready to mod.

To update the game, move into the game directory and write “git pull”. Afterwards, type “make clean” (which clears all object files and such) and “make”. There, updated!

I can play the game, but i can’t find the option to play with graphical tileset, only ASCII.

What did i miss ?

Thank you.

You need to compile with TILES=1, and it requires the SDL libraries to do so.

Honestly if all you want to do is play the game and make small changes you can probably do everything you want just by downloading from either the experimental or stable links on the main page (make sure to get the “graphical” releases).

Thanks,

I’ve downloaded the lastest experimental graphical build for Linux. When i try to run ./cataclysm-tiles i get an error :

./cataclysm-tiles: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I went to Synaptic and installed libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0 but when i want to lauch the game, i get the same error.

Can you enlight me with your knowledge please ?

Run this command:

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

I did that, and i get the exact same message : libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I try to run the game going to my cataclysm folder, (cd jeux/catadda) then doing ./cataclysm-tiles, is that right ?

Depending on how the build progressed, you might have a 32 bit binary, in which case it’s looking for 32 bit libraries, and you r package manager will install 64 bit binaries by default.

Another thing, check your various /lib directory for the exact filename libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0
You might have a file with a slightly different version number and just need to make a symlink with the expected name, i.e. “ln -s /lib/libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so /lib/libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0”

Sorry for necroing this, but can somebody teach me teh commands needed to compile tiles version on ubuntu 16.04?

Did you read the first link? Don’t those instructions work? https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/master/COMPILING-CMAKE.md or these instructions?

No, I didn’t even check the files on github. So lame, I know… :slight_smile: Thanx for your time. Instructions do work.