Marloss Berries

So, I saw a fungal bloom today and cleared it out, afterwards I went around and harvested around FORTY BERRIES from the bloom. The wiki page for them hasn’t been updated in years, so I just wanted to ask what these do before I start eating them.

You turn into Marloss Man Reborn. Eat them.

Seriously though, Marloss berries are the only reason why any of my characters ever live past the first few weeks. If I don’t get them, I run out of food and do something risky that gets me killed.

Is that a reference to something? Cus, I don’t get it. What I want to know is, what do they do? Are they merely food, or can they ruin my ninja cyborg catman character?

Both.

I feel like you are purposefully trying to leave me without information. Is it really that bad that I need to find out for myself?

I feel like you are purposefully trying to leave me without information. Is it really that bad that I need to find out for myself?[/quote]

Some folks are like that. >_<

Marloss food has minor food value and is marginally unhealthy, but has a variety of (random roll) special effects on consumption. Can fully feed you, induce vomiting, mutate/purify, rarely purify-and-remove-radiation, or give you a weird fungalizer infestation that makes you spawn fungus (and likely more berries) every time you eat the matching variety. Get all three infestations and you can become a high-level fungal being.

*Folks have been known to nickname 'em “funberries”. :wink:

Does it still have the annoyance-as-balancing thing in?
It’s the one thing that stops me from ever touching any marloss stuff - I play to have fun, not to get annoyed.

Fun berries, huh? So kind of like playing mushroom roulette then? By three different types, I assume you mean the three different fungal growths you can find on the map right? Do each of those have different berries?

i think its marlos berry jelly and seeds. not sure though… i usualy treat these with fire. not a camp fire…

i would suggest you do the same . they are deffinatly not healthy.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:7, topic:8115”]Does it still have the annoyance-as-balancing thing in?
It’s the one thing that stops me from ever touching any marloss stuff - I play to have fun, not to get annoyed.[/quote]
Care to clarify? “annoyance-as-balancing” gives no indication about what you are actually talking about, and depending on what it is it might not even exist anymore.

I still dont get whats so good about them. If I recall they had a few minor buffs with really severe penalties and risks. I don’t recall any of the abilities being anything worth getting excited about. only one that seemed even sort of useful was a fireproof mutation i got from it, but how often do you really worry about fire anyways?

I imagine it’s not finished at the moment. So it isn’t REALLY worth getting just yet.

Its a mutation path. And like all of them it has pros and cons.

When marloss was first split into 3 types, marloss addiction caused a constant annoying spam of uninformative messages about how you want more. At the same time actual gameplay effects of the addiction were very minor (5 morale points or so).

If you are so attached to your character that you’re not going to take the risk of shoving weird stuff in its mouth and do meta stuff to check, then just make a back up save and have at it with those 40 berries. Beats asking people who might not give you a straight answer anyway.

If you don’t like the spamming, just hold on to the berries and seeds until you find a fungal tower. Eat the berries and seeds until you get both traits, then go to the tower. No spamming at all!

The big positive of Mycus is that it lets you either kill anything organic with the press of a button or it lets you generate very distracting friendly spores at the touch of the same button.

When marloss was first split into 3 types, marloss addiction caused a constant annoying spam of uninformative messages about how you want more. At the same time actual gameplay effects of the addiction were very minor (5 morale points or so).[/quote]

The addictions were Kevin’s idea, which I implemented because they fit the theme: the Marloss fruits are a recruitment tool–essentially a baited hook. Some folks bite. Some get hooked. And some willingly jump in the boat.

Can someone just explain how this is supposed to work? I don’t mind spoilers. I’ve gone thorugh the process and ended with 4 mutations: Mycus, Mycus Identity, Mycus Flesh, and Mycus Feeder.

None of them seem to have any effect. I don’t see any pros or cons, other than i lost a bunch of mutations to get here.

I draw my TheFlame52 card, with 10000 hit points and 6500 attack points! I use his special feature, “Talk about Mycus forever”!

Flame can help you.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:19, topic:8115”]I draw my TheFlame52 card, with 10000 hit points and 6500 attack points! I use his special feature, “Talk about Mycus forever”!

Flame can help you.[/quote]

Flame pls