Too many marloss berries?

so i picked up an experimental version on the 2nd of november and played around for a bit several weeks later i sally forth to take on a nearby fungal spire after i manage to kill it i look around forage for a bit and from that one fungal bloom… i have over 500 marloss berries now is this intended?

That would seem hilariously excessive but they do have some pretty serious drawbacks.

It gets even more insane if you manage to become a carrier. I’m up to the neck with crunch berries, and the just keep on piling up from there.

^ pretty much that i got curious earlier and decided to debug the carrier mutation and i get several marloss bushes to spawn from one berry and each of those bushes contain a large number of berries themselves @-@

Maybe we need to make a Marloss-berry cannon to use them with?

Mmmm. Marloss berries are yummy.

They could probably be used as a component for mutagens and purifiers, as an alternative to ammonia and/or bleach perhaps?

Hmm. More likely a replacement for Tainted stuff, though I’d be inclined to let them be their own mutagen.

In time.

The only effect of adding marloss stuff to mutagen would be to completely neutralize it.

And there won’t be any fungal mutations either.

But there WILL be more interesting other fungal stuff added.

A possible regent for purifier, then?

The only effect of adding marloss stuff to mutagen would be to completely neutralize it.

But there WILL be more interesting other fungal stuff added.[/quote]

Why not make scales and chitinous armor less resistant to fungal infections, and a new mutation called “shedder”, where your skin quickly sheds off to the point where noticeable flakes will peel off, that makes you more resistant to fungal infections?

That sounds more like a symptom of fungal infection than something that would protect from it :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, on topic: i2amroy nerfed marloss spawn rates, because it did look like they were a bit out of control.

was it just the spawn rate of the bushes themselves or was the amount you could harvest from bushes also nerfed?

While we’re talking about fungal stuff…

Are pet fungal spores bugged now? They don’t seem to do anything but uselessly try to impede other monsters before getting killed by them. And this was after 5 in game days of “raising” those spores.

But there WILL be more interesting other fungal stuff added.[/quote]

Righty-ho. We’ll disregard that marloss berries have a pretty good shot at either mutating or purifying the PC, as well as making them a Carrier.

I’d presumed that concentrating the marloss would be a good way to ensure Marloss Carrier. For factions whose goal is spreading fungus, creating Carriers would be a logical move; multiple carriers with fewer berries/carrier would nevertheless spread the fungus farther, faster.

Note that fungal stuff is very much a work in progress at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

It shouldn’t be causing standard mutations, anyway. But if it does at the moment it’s not TOO big a deal.

Just spawn rates. The rate of harvesting is identical to that of strawberries or blueberries, which tends to cap out around the 9-10 range at a survival level of 10 (which is what our “cap” for balancing is at).

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:12, topic:3828”]That sounds more like a symptom of fungal infection than something that would protect from it :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, on topic: i2amroy nerfed marloss spawn rates, because it did look like they were a bit out of control.[/quote]

Well a fungal infection on the skin needs something to grab onto and grow into right?

Shedding skin pushes it out farther and makes it harder to grow into, which is why ants can be easily taken over by a fungal parasite but it’s not that common for humans.