Magiclysm: A Total Fantasy Overhaul

My main single target nuke is a lvl 16 Ice Spike which can be cast through walls, however those damn CROWS II completely shrug off the 86 damage. That’s where magic missile’s true damage comes in.

You use the vehicle like a projectile? I don’t really get it the purpose, why not either stay in it or control it remotely from the start?

i do it when im clearing cities, if i cand find avechicle that works but i dont need, i use it to clear other vehicles or to clean mass of zombies.

i have recently taking a liking to the animist magic, i summon some skeletons/zombies to empty the turrets from ammo, felt like the magus magic missilit and bolt were too OP, basically a gun and a sniper rifle, but with magic

B-but muh bullets!
I’m an animist too but mostly been focusing on kelvinist for damage and technomancer for buffs, I intend to get put some more work on my summoning later. High on my list of priorities right now is trying to mutate my magic traits.

But yeah even as a wand it’s a nice situational tool when something just wont take damage otherwise, not too OP in wand form imo.

Is there any chance of showing the Spellcraft skill in the skills list? Would be handy and also feel good to reference it and see it’s value!

It is in skill list, at least in my skill list. It’s in “ranged” category for some reason, though.

1 Like

that’s interesting, it wasn’t there when it was 0, but it is there now…maybe I’m just blind. Thanks!

you mean via the core mutations? (like the plant,slime , fish, elf-a) or via the mana serum from the mod? havent tried it, seems kinda hard to get

the manatouched serum’s not currently totally craftable - there’s a PR open but i’ve been totally absorbed in nested containers for about 3 months now

Found “lair map”. Used it. “You add the locations to your map”. Can’t see anything new. How do I find those locations? At this point I’m even okay with searching save/maps directory… if only I knew what to search for.

e: oh, and another question: how does mana regen work? Does it depend on current mana or on max mana? What if max mana isn’t static due to bionic power usage?

Those kind of map work better if you havent uncovered the terrain on the overmap, since the lair is surrounded by the classic grays “#”, but they can be pretty far from where you cufrrently are (including other magic locations like the magic brochure that leads to a magic retreat be it in the woods or an island), in case you are unlucky for that, you can try the tip from the quoted post

i think mana regen is a hidden stat like fatigue i.e, and it gets modified by traits or accesories by a certain amount, but dont trust me on this one, the only one that can say for sure is Korgent. The this i have noticed as mentioned on another post in the same thread, is that all recovers in about 8 or so hours

2 Likes
  1. Why are orichalcum frames considered as ‘other’ category instead of vehicle parts? Same thing with spellbooks and scrolls. Impossible to make them so currently, or an oversight? Wands count as tools so looks like an oversight to me. Or was there some reason for that I’m not aware of?
  2. Any way to make a non-perishable item out of raw black dragon hide? Seems strange it can’t be cured.
  3. I can’t even cook dragon meat? WTF? Do I need some special recipe for that, or what?

There’s a book for making imperishable stuff out of dragon bits. That includes making essence out of the meat. (it is not food).

Which minion spells are worth using? They feel a bit underwhelming, even my strongest (at least hardest and costliest to cast) Decayed Pouncer can’t deal with lower tier armored enemies like kevlar zombies.

So far they all only seem okay for distracting purposes or to deal with weak stuff. But I’d rather just cast an AoE spell to clean up weak enemies and the stronger summon spells have such a long cast time that they’re not very well suited for on the fly distraction roles.

The most useful minion to me has been Animated Blade, super short cast time, mana cost reduces as lvled up and can tank a few turns buying more time than it costs to cast. But I want something that tears through my enemies.

Most of Magiclysm summons are more like utility in my point of view, they are more for distractions than actual use, another thing to remember is that mobs get stronger the more they are, so if you had it at a level of 30 (being able to spawn 3 per cast) you could cast it 2 times and would be more effective, but from my point of view, the Arcana mod have better summons, so either you find a summon spell that costs mana instead of hp so you can spam it or level it high enough, the miscellaneous magiclysm expansion mod added a pock version of the spell from the necro

I read that the Arcana mod is balanced a bit differently with both stronger enemies and stronger spells/items for the player, so I’m not super keen on having it make a bunch of vanilla and magiclysm stuff not worthwhile.

Been thinking about checking out the magiclysm expansion, is it possible to completely copy a world and its state then ‘create’ it with added mods or do I have to go for a fresh world if I want to add further mods?

Magiclysm hangs on the “Loading File” screen when creating a new character on

cataclysmdda-0.E-10589-arm64-v8a-release.apk

What gives?
Default Aftershock mod and downloaded MST Extra mod loaded in fine.

Probably this?

hulk vs golem

1 Like

from what i have seem, golems are pretty resilent, to “normal” attacks, if there was a zombie like zapper zombie it dies like if it hasnt any defense, and turrets seems to kill them pretty fast too

Just thought it was an entertaining fight, and yeah turrets make short work of everything.
But I feel like plastic golems need their healing a bit more delayed, not really an issue for the player but it’s silly to see a single golem rampage across the town leaving 30+ corpses in their wake.

Makes one wonder how the zombies even got such a foothold to begin with.

1 Like