Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled

This is the part where I wonder if people aren’t getting the Ashley reference. Doesn’t haaaave to be a girl’s name. B)

Bonus: Boomstick comes included!

I was thinking RE4.

Here’s how the names happen:
I scan through the (100, 300, 500, 700, 1,000, 2,000 0_0) commit messages since the last release, summarizing them for the changelog.
With my brain crammed full of the zeitgeist for the current release, I come up with a apocalyptic horror author that seems to my work-addled brain to best represent what has changed since the last release.
It won’t be Ashley.

Note that it does not have to necessarily be an author, though there is a definite weighted bias in favour of them.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:323, topic:1854”]With my brain crammed full of the zeitgeist for the current release, I come up with a apocalyptic horror author that seems to my work-addled brain to best represent what has changed since the last release.
It won’t be Ashley.[/quote]

Matheson?

I suggest because all the 0.8 changes have been to the mechanics of the game, the scientific and functional aspects if you will, but ultimately the character is still very much alone and adrift. No shitty NPC’s don’t count :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I expect a Ellison by version 1.2. One of the lab’s finales, or a mine shaft finale, could be activating a “droning computer”

_>

I’ve decided to name my RPG “The Z Chromosome” but only found a movie in making under a similar name. ChromosomeZ is a great name for a beta, perhaps.

Vehicles fixed and overlay support for multiple objects seem working in tile mode. I guess the only major thing left is support for the (V)iew menu that right now isn’t working.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the font being used here? I just can’t seem to figure out.

Looks like this font below, maybe they are the same?

I believe this is Cataclysm running on Ubuntu or a similar distribution.

Just an experiment, but isn’t it nice? :wink:

I like the looks, has and old-school vibe to it… well for me all ASCII rogue-like games has an old-school vibe but this, especially the zombie sprite remind me of some games in '90.

I like it, looks a little like art that uses stippling :smiley:

[quote=“HRose, post:329, topic:1854”]Just an experiment, but isn’t it nice? :wink:

[/quote]

Dear god, more of this please!

I love the pic, and I’m sorry but I can’t help with the font.

Why’s it an experiment? Can’t you just load a small square font into those tiles?

I love it! Give it to me! :slight_smile:

The Gods of Nethack, Angband, Crawl and Moria demand sacrifice! Give us the precious!

It took a while but I found the original thread where I took that tileset from:
http://csdb.dk/forums/?roomid=13&topicid=97045&showallposts=1&utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer7229f&utm_medium=twitter

If you scroll down there’s a bigger tileset.

The problem is that it’s really too tiny to be readable since it’s 8x8. It could be easily made into 16x16, but then it becomes rather big if you don’t have a big display.

I thought that maybe with a little work I could use some of the background tiles like roads, ground and grass and port them into my ASCII tile, but these are mostly done with single pixels while ASCII relies all on double pixel to make everything easy to see.

Or maybe I could make a compromise and go 9x9, so something between 8x8 and 10x10 (the ASCII I’m using).

How do you guys like this?

Wait, wait… if I was to, for example, rip the character set and create a real font with some font editor so the ASCII codes refer to the individual tiles, could this be the means to give the Curses build an even more authentic look?
I mean the guy practically offered this for the taking, didn’t he (Trihook)?

[quote=“vultures, post:338, topic:1854”]Wait, wait… if I was to, for example, rip the character set and create a real font with some font editor so the ASCII codes refer to the individual tiles, could this be the means to give the Curses build an even more authentic look?
I mean the guy practically offered this for the taking, didn’t he (Trihook)?[/quote]

You can’t do it in ASCII since ASCII reuses the same character on different things swapping colors. Nor you can do this actually because text will disappear and you would see tiles instead of letters.

What I did was simply pasting those sprites on the cataclysm tileset.

Exactly my point. You only need those bitmaps in the original tileset re-traced with Simple Vectors, and made for Windows, too (TTF).
I mean, you want purple houses and yellow roads, right?
It’s only that - if you use the default font with the UI, you can pick a different one (of your choosing) for the game screen, is this the case?
Or there can be another issue, telling the game that the symbol has changed for monsters & terrain…