Is yeast growing difficulty intended?

I can't find the glass flask that is required to make the yeast culture , and i was going to cheat in a glass flask for 1 glass jar and a rubber hose, but then this question raised up.
 Is it intended that you can't "grow" yeast  so early in the game , and the glass flask  is there so you need to be in mid to late game and get it from a lab?
 I tried looking for it in schools but didn't find it.

I need to know because if it is then I am not going to cheat it in .

BTW I know there is a book for glass blowing but my game world has the spawning rate to 25 so it will take tons of time to get to a place where there is a decent amount of books , the school i raided is done and i don’t see other schools.

No, it’s just that “growing” recipes are currently rather hacky and extending them by adding a copy for each container they should allow is a very ugly solution to that.

Glass flask rarity isn’t really intended either. A typical house would have some glass flasks for stuff like medicine or maybe perfumes.

If you find a chemistry set at a school, you can disassemble it to get several glass flasks, IIRC.

I don’t think there’s any grand design regarding yeast production.

Lab access isn’t meant for mid or late game only. You can access and survive labs quite early, assuming you don’t have a particularly weak (or weakened) character, and assuming it’s not an ice lab. By running and closing doors you can avoid a lot of combat. The entrance turret is not a threat if you know ways to deal with it.

Edit: Oh wait… you have 25 spawn rate. But does that actually affect lab spawns?

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:3, topic:11397”]If you find a chemistry set at a school, you can disassemble it to get several glass flasks, IIRC.

I don’t think there’s any grand design regarding yeast production.

Lab access isn’t meant for mid or late game only. You can access and survive labs quite early, assuming you don’t have a particularly weak (or weakened) character, and assuming it’s not an ice lab. By running and closing doors you can avoid a lot of combat. The entrance turret is not a threat if you know ways to deal with it.

Edit: Oh wait… you have 25 spawn rate. But does that actually affect lab spawns?[/quote]

No, its 25 zombie spawn rate. This means that i don't have a decent vehicle (and it has 4% fuel) and every vehicle that is in a town is going to be full of zombies that will wreck it and blow it up, that means no fuel to.
Its a hard life , but i found the bio-diesel book and a working V6 diesel engine from a vehicle that I managed to save from the zombies. :D

BTW Tanks for the advice I will search every school that I will see.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:11397”]No, it’s just that “growing” recipes are currently rather hacky and extending them by adding a copy for each container they should allow is a very ugly solution to that.

Glass flask rarity isn’t really intended either. A typical house would have some glass flasks for stuff like medicine or maybe perfumes.[/quote]

Hm, why does the recipe for yeast need a glass FLASK precisely? Wouldn’t a simple, sealed glass jar work too?

[quote=“Malaxxor, post:5, topic:11397”][quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:11397”]No, it’s just that “growing” recipes are currently rather hacky and extending them by adding a copy for each container they should allow is a very ugly solution to that.

Glass flask rarity isn’t really intended either. A typical house would have some glass flasks for stuff like medicine or maybe perfumes.[/quote]

Hm, why does the recipe for yeast need a glass FLASK precisely? Wouldn’t a simple, sealed glass jar work too?[/quote]

A plastic container with a lid would also work. Or a plastic container with a piece of cloth on top. Or a hole in the ground filled with milk. That’s how yogurt was invented/discovered, after all. Yeast is pretty hardy stuff.

Nah, what I meant is: why wouldn’t you change the recipe to take a glass jar instead of a glass flask and make the result a glass jar with yeast instead of a glass flask with yeast. I’m not suggesting multiple recipes or multiple possible containers for a single recipe, just to change the standard container to be a jar instead of a flask. That would have the same trouble as the current implementation but it would be a bit more accsessible.