Identify developers/modders in the forum

Can the forum do this?

1. Developers have names in red or some color. Possibly a title. For example Kevin Granade is one of the most important people here (not knocking anyone else), but lots of knew people don’t know that. So make it obvious
  2. Core Developer: people who work on the main branch
  3. mod developer
  4. forum admin
  5. wiki admin

etc… This will do a few things

1. When someone who has developed alot says something, I think its more important than when a dumbass like myself says something. So if you make it obvious in their name, dumbasses like me will know to pay attention
  2. helps new people get acclimated to the community to know who is who
  3. gives the guys a little hype for doing a ton of work.

It does this already.

Think those are custom titles set by the forum admin. So needs to be done by hand.

Kinda already exists: five-star folks are core (and generally have mod powers on the forum), four-star are devs. Usually says something in addition to the Zombie Food/NPC/Survivor designation, too. (Administrator, Code Wrangler, Contributor, etc all come to mind.)

And such folks’ names so show up in nifty colors in the “people logged in” window. Admins are green and contributors are blue.

Only difference between a mod dev and a core dev would be that individual’s choice of output and whether it meshes with core. In practice, I don’t think creating separate status-markers for that would be helpful. Wiki marker would be worthwhile, but ATM that would be Kenoxite. (GlyphGryph too, technically, but he doesn’t actually do much on the wiki.)

I say we add thousands of different titles to the forum and then admire the rainbow of colors that will become of the who is active feed.

So youtoo should have Youtuber.
FunsizeNinja123 should have Ninja (hurr durr I is so creative).
I should have Buried Candle.
And so on and so on…

That would be a good idea, I guess.

Kinda.

Uh…
Wait, were you being serious?

Also, what would my name be?

Yeeeeaaaaaaa

My name color would just be the fourm backround.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:6, topic:5187”]That would be a good idea, I guess.

Kinda.

Uh…
Wait, were you being serious?[/quote]

Of course! You should get optical recorder

I want the title Scotsman and have it colored Orange.

I want a camo background.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:8, topic:5187”][quote=“Mrnocamera, post:6, topic:5187”]That would be a good idea, I guess.

Kinda.

Uh…
Wait, were you being serious?[/quote]

Of course! You should get optical recorder[/quote]
I don’t have a camera.
So… Uh…

Edit:[quote=“Lorknis, post:9, topic:5187”]I want the title Scotsman and have it colored Orange.[/quote]
No, you shall have the title “Nucklavee”.
If you know what that is without Googling it, then you are worthy of the title “Scotsman”

Too bad, I dont bury my candles either, and now we are stuck with the titles FOREVER.

You mean the monsters that have really big heads? (Nucklavee)

The skinless centaur-things.

Scottish legend, I think.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:14, topic:5187”]The skinless centaur-things.

Scottish legend, I think.[/quote]
Some storytellers make them out to be centaur-like but I’m told they’re just riding a horse that shares the same characteristics. (Skinless, bleed black, etc.)

Edit:[quote=“Lorknis, post:9, topic:5187”]I want the title Scotsman and have it colored Orange.[/quote]
If you know what that is without Googling it, then you are worthy of the title “Scotsman”
[/quote]

Nucklavee is a monster that masquerades as a friendly horse, only when someone goes to ride it, they become stuck to it’s back, and it then reveals it’s true form, drags them back to water, and drowns them.

Didn’t need wikipedia…
I’m not a Scotsman though. Can I get the tag of “Cryptozoologist”?

If you know what that is without Googling it, then you are worthy of the title “Scotsman”[/quote]

Nucklavee is a monster that masquerades as a friendly horse, only when someone goes to ride it, they become stuck to it’s back, and it then reveals it’s true form, drags them back to water, and drowns them.

Didn’t need wikipedia…
I’m not a Scotsman though. Can I get the tag of “Cryptozoologist”?
[/quote]

No sorry, you get Memory Storehouse

Back to the OP, there’s some people on the forum who contributed a patch or two (or more), is there any chance they could get recognized (Binky, John Candlebury, williham, myself)?

williham is counted as a Contributor, so…

I want an Useless Suggester title.