I guess we need something to sheathe staff or stick like weapon?

So we have sheath and scabbard to sheathe a sharp weapon like sword and knife, and a holster for the guns.

but then I find out there is not item that can sheathe a staff or stick weapon like spear, quarterstaff and sledge hammer or something

can someone dev something can sheathe those weapon?

AFAIK none of those would normally be sheathed, a large hammer would be worn on a belt loop or similar, and a staff would we worn with a sling. The sling at least should be easy to do in Jason, the belt loop would work like a holster, but for things with a haft.

Back holster variant possibly?

I tired, that dosn’t work.

For a staff weapon you just walk with it… like a staff/cane/walking stick. There’s really no way to attach a halberd sized weapon to your body in a way that will both hold it, and not so encumber you as to be useless as a storage method.

The closest historical examples I can even think of to a ‘polearm sheath’ would be Roman ‘javelin quivers’ (most cultures mounted such things on a horse or chariot directly if they could) or the Japanese ‘Sashimono’ (banner poles strapped to the back of samurai, not exactly designed to be drawn for combat.)

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:5, topic:10019”]For a staff weapon you just walk with it… like a staff/cane/walking stick. There’s really no way to attach a halberd sized weapon to your body in a way that will both hold it, and not so encumber you as to be useless as a storage method.

The closest historical examples I can even think of to a ‘polearm sheath’ would be Roman ‘javelin quivers’ (most cultures mounted such things on a horse or chariot directly if they could) or the Japanese ‘Sashimono’ (banner poles strapped to the back of samurai, not exactly designed to be drawn for combat.)[/quote]

Lies.

Honestly most ways of carrying a polearm weapon are not set up for drawing the weapon quickly in a time of need, and even the fastest ones tend to consist of:

1. Remove bag strap from across your chest (a thing which could become even more difficult while encumbered)
  2. Remove weapon from bag

Even that picture is a nice example of it. He can’t just magically pull the quarterstaff off his back like it’s held on with magnets, and your arm isn’t going to be able to go up far enough to draw it out of the loop. In addition unless that loop is very tight (which tends to remove a lot of the snap/velcro options for quick release) it’s going to slide down and out as he runs around. There’s a reason why real bo staff carrying cases look like this after all (that’s a shoulder strap).

There just honestly isn’t any good way to “quick-draw” a polearm weapon. A carrying case could certainly go in, but it’s gonna be more a “let me have my hands free while walking” thing then the “katana quick-draw” style thing that most sheaths act as. You’re going to want to make sure that you have at least 4-5 turns free to pull the dang thing out before you actually need to wield it. (Probably make it so that it can only be drawn/loaded while you aren’t wearing it, possibly with an automatic removal of the sheath first if you try to draw it while wearing it).

I forgot who it was, but I recently watched a video of a HEMA practitioner on youtube who talked about the difficulties of keeping a weapon of war (polearm, twohanded axe, twohanded sword) in a scabbard on your back. And it basically came down to that if you want to carry a big weapon around with your hands free, you need to use a modified gun sling. It’s loose and easily taken off your back, which is essential because you need to completely take the scabbard off your back before you can get the weapon out of the scabbard.

Of course, if it’s loose, that means zombies can pull at it.

Then again, you’re using a bigass twohanded weapon. If the zombies get close enough to grab your straps, that’s your mistake.

Exemplary image.

There have been sheaths for spears and pole arms, that’s not however a carrying implement what so ever, it is to protect the edge and point from the elements and protect the user and the people around from the same.
I could however see a automatically retractable “rifle strap” built of seat belts and quick release buckles do the job of being a quick draw carrying implement, I can think of two ways of attaching it, either to the pole arm, spear or staff making it more unwieldy, or to a specialized collar, restricting head movement, both would also likely have the possibility of causing the player pain when a buckle lashes the user in the face or hands.
Lastly both would probably need some kind of quick release lock too lest the weapon be a neck ornament and causing even more encumbrance.
But yes, I think something like this is needed, whether quick draw or not a carrying implement for these kinds of weapons does feel more sane than putting them in a backpack.

/Zorbeltuss

I think you should be able to put it in your backpack or duffel, maybe with a bit of added encumbrance a la back holster. But it’s how we did it when I took karate. :shrug:

So this might be a more recent patch I’m on because I only started playing again on my iPhone (ugh I know). Anyhow I started with a mage type of build and have a quarter staff as my starting weapon. It works pretty good on the item description it says
Can be stored in: spear strap
That’s it…no other items…and when I go to my crafting menu ‘spear strap’ is not listed in my recipe list anywhere. I checked with the filter. I’m assuming that I don’t have the required skills to make it which explains why Incant see it as a possibility. Iirc there’s a way to see recipes you don’t have the proper levels for, because other than that I haven’t been able to find out what prerequisites there are.

It needs tailoring 3 to craft.
https://cdda-guide.nornagon.net/item/spearsling?v=0.G