How would you get to the back room of gun stores?

Metal doors leading to the back room of gun stores are locked and unpicklockable. How do you get to the back room of gun stores?

I personally go to the bathroom next to the back room and shoot the wall leading to it with a shotgun using 00 shot…

[quote=“hdggDalton, post:1, topic:14180”]Metal doors leading to the back room of gun stores are locked and unpicklockable. How do you get to the back room of gun stores?

I personally go to the bathroom next to the back room and shoot the wall leading to it with a shotgun using 00 shot…[/quote]
Is this the gunstore that has the barred off counter? I forget which mod its from.

Yes, and I think the barred off counter is in vanilla. Are there other layouts of gun stores?

You can use a hacksaw to cut through the bars. Or ram the building with a car.

Yes the layouts I find as vanilla gunstore lay outs are

1. a large rectangular room with item racks both along the walls and in the center sides of the room and in the back behind barred glass is what looks like an indoor gun range.
  2. an “advanced” gunstore which has a similar setup to electronics stores that have cbms inside glass cases and what not only in this case its guns, ammo, books and gun mods. This one also has a back entrance as well as a breakroom and an handloading room (has at least most of the supplies you would need to handload).

As these are the only kinds of gun store I come across unless I am playing with a mod that adds more locations I thought these were the only vanilla ones.

Also along the lines of what lazy lizard said you can also use an acetylene torch to cut open metal doors.

I generally phase through the door with a Probability Travel bionic.

You can pick the back door I thought, or I just use the hacksaw tool on the integrated toolset. I can usually get in with just lockpicks I thought though. Also this run I’ve been using a homewrecker to get into storage units(from one of the location mods I believe) by bashing the walls down… similar to how I have used a jackhammer to get into B rooms. One of the NPCs I recruited had it so I wanted to try it out on wrecking walls lol.

1. a large rectangular room with item racks both along the walls and in the center sides of the room and in the back behind barred glass is what looks like an indoor gun range.
  2. an “advanced” gunstore which has a similar setup to electronics stores that have cbms inside glass cases and what not only in this case its guns, ammo, books and gun mods. This one also has a back entrance as well as a breakroom and an handloading room (has at least most of the supplies you would need to handload).

As these are the only kinds of gun store I come across unless I am playing with a mod that adds more locations I thought these were the only vanilla ones.

Also along the lines of what lazy lizard said you can also use an acetylene torch to cut open metal doors.[/quote]

The layout I was mentioning was the one with ammo vending machines. I hate those things, can’t even break them with shotgun blast and in the end I’m forced to fork over my hard-earned cash card money.

Also along the lines of what lazy lizard said you can also use an acetylene torch to cut open metal doors.[/quote]

The layout I was mentioning was the one with ammo vending machines. I hate those things, can’t even break them with shotgun blast and in the end I’m forced to fork over my hard-earned cash card money.[/quote]
AMMO VENDING MACHINES?

The layout I was mentioning was the one with ammo vending machines. I hate those things, can’t even break them with shotgun blast and in the end I’m forced to fork over my hard-earned cash card money.[/quote]

Cant you electrohack them?

I remember reading you could.

Ammo vending machines… every time I think I got a pretty good handle on the game, something I never heard about shows up, also it never occurred to me that I could saw the bars with a hack saw, and I have played this game for at least three years!, I always just got a random car and rammed the corner of those stores.

tried all of these methods (for lab access mostly, of all things, was being lazy) except for teleporting and digging under, most aren’t worth it, i’d recommend the saw personally.

the car one was actually one of my most spectacular deaths, 5 point racing harness failed me is all i have to say.

Oh here’s one I read about getting into labs that would probably work for gun stores, but you need a forest, or at least single tree near by and an axe. One can fell the tree towards the building and viola. I haven’t actually tried that, but heard it works for labs, so why wouldn’t it for gun stores… only problem is not all gun stores are near trees like labs usually are.

so that basically obliterates anything currently on a tile then? i’d actually been meaning to look into how much destructive power chopping down a tree involves, had noticed it seems non-small before.

I haven’t actually tried it TBH, just read about it on here or reddit. It does seem that there is splintered wood when I felled a tree in my current run sometimes, depending on whether it falls on a young tree/other outdoor items. I’m thinking it smashed a young tree and therefore smashed it’s heavy sticks down to splintered wood, so it has some force. I wasn’t paying much attention what it fell on TBH, I usually just burn burn two by fours, but decided to use proper logs this run and am liking their 12 hour burn time… with my 90 day seasons.

Does that scale automatically, burn time and the such, or would changing the construction time also change stuff like that? I actually have been kind of cheasy and not scaling construction time with my season length, but always had it in the back of my mind I need to look into that setting. I mean it obviously scales the construction time with your season length if you put it on 0, and 50 is 2x faster 200 2x longer etc etc, but does it impact crafting times too?

I just slip right through them. Slime is best mutation path.

nice, didn’t even know about that, must be post thresh i assume?
i usually prefer a mix of slime and medical mutations if at all possible, the slime trail one is a bit of a back handed bonus though with it’s obscuring things on the ground.

Be hardcore - get smashed through the metal bars by a hulk, because every other method is for wimps!

i usually prefer a mix of slime and medical mutations if at all possible, the slime trail one is a bit of a back handed bonus though with it’s obscuring things on the ground.[/quote]

Yep, post thresh. Never tried mixing medical in with slime and never seen a slime trail. I just have small armies of blobby bros following me around and killing everything in sight. AND boosting morale. Slime is the best.

i usually prefer a mix of slime and medical mutations if at all possible, the slime trail one is a bit of a back handed bonus though with it’s obscuring things on the ground.[/quote]

Yep, post thresh. Never tried mixing medical in with slime and never seen a slime trail. I just have small armies of blobby bros following me around and killing everything in sight. AND boosting morale. Slime is the best.[/quote]

Sorry to drag this further off topic, but I’m curious.

1. Do slimesprings actually follow you around?

2. Are they any good in a fight?

I’ve never mutated down the slime route, but it seems like one of the more interesting ones.