Barred Winows?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how you get past barred windows (I.E. like on the Gun stores.) I’m assuming you need a acetylene torch to cut through them?

I was just wondering since I can’t get through them and i’ve noticed that cutting torches seem to be much more rare.
I’ve visited four towns and not found one anywhere. Even in Garage’s and Hardware Stores.

Currently the easiest way of getting into gunstore is picking the doors or smashing the walls.

-sledgehammer to the wall (or any other object with high bash damage; I hope your character is strong)
-jackhammer to the wall
-use acet. torch on the door
-ram the building with a vehicle; possibly install a single protruding heavy frame (“bumper”) to ram the wall with

Check also home improvement stores for tools (map symbol: bright green A, on brown background)

Are you sure the doors can be picked?

Last time I checked they could. It took quite a lot of tries (~50? at 0 skill), but no time because of how lockpicking works.

Yep. Easiest way to get in a gun store is to pick the locks.

I would say the easiest way is to break the walls. You can get through any normal (non-concrete, non-metal) wall with 12 str and a homewrecker. Beware the falling debris though, it can hurt you and in a gun store I have found it makes ammo explode.

applying a hacksaw cuts through wire fences, display racks, metal bars. never seen a barred window in my LIfe though so who knows, i’m guessing tunnel or teleport or tar beat the sumbitch

Oh. I mean, some metal doors can’t be picked. Or at least I just recently tried to pick a metal door at a refugee center, and it said “can’t be picked”. I tried to use improvised lockpick. I take it refugee center metal doors are special or unpickable?

I think so, but last time I checked, there was not much to find behind most of them.

Oh. I mean, some metal doors can’t be picked. Or at least I just recently tried to pick a metal door at a refugee center, and it said “can’t be picked”. I tried to use improvised lockpick. I take it refugee center metal doors are special or unpickable?[/quote]
Metal doors on gunstores can be picked, 100% positive (Running on the 3479 experimental which is from like 4 days ago).

if someone is trying to smash wall better try do it at back, derbits will only damage shooting range and not loot

picking locks is a combination of dex, and mechanics skill. If you have a poor dex and no mechanics skill well good luck.

with a 2 mechanics and like a 10-12 dex you can get into most of them in 3-4 tries.