Locked down gun stores

Before succumbing to a hulk on my last character I was trying to get into a locked down gun store, the ones with bars on the windows. But Nothing I tried to use would break through or cut through the bars. My question is if there is a tool that will? I thought a hacksaw would cut through them but it had no use against them so im lost.

Improvised picklock or picklock kits.

Acetylene torch and welding glasses will allow you to cut the bars. Quite easy to find in garages.

Thanks, I had a feeling it would be one of those. Going to have to go to another town on my next character, no garages in this one.

To clarify, picklocks on the doors. The torches can be used, but it takes several turns as I recall and a hulk can just saunter to you and splat you on the door. Picklocks are quieter, but there’s still the risk of an alarm.

I’ve found that the easiest way to get into a store without spending a long time searching for an acetylene torch/lockpick is to just grab a random car and ram into it. If you’re lucky and end up finding a sledgehammer, you can try bashing down the walls if you have decent strength.

A homewrecker can be crafter from a bunch of strings, a plank and some scrap metal. It is strong enough to wreck a wall.

Everything’s basically been covered already, but Sledgehammer/Homewrecker for smashing down the walls, an Acetylene Torch and Welding Googles for cutting through the doors/window bars, the various picklocks for unlocking the doors, and a working car moving at speed for crashing through the walls are all valid ways of gaining entry into a gunstore or other locked down storefront.

The car can get you into a bank vault too if your hacking is too low…

Though torches are a quieter way to cut down the metal doors, though finding a torch sometimes can be pretty rare-ish depending on item spawn rate or luck.

On the other hand, torches are terrible on lab entrances since opening doors with a torch can take several turns in which the turret will spend all those turns shooting at you. Pretty much a death sentence on military bunkers above-ground, as those military turrets will end you unless you have a full set of power armor.

However, using the torch below the military bunker is okay. Saves you from needlessly using those ID cards.

You could also use a jackhammer against those nasty walls.

Though torches are a quieter way to cut down the metal doors, though finding a torch sometimes can be pretty rare-ish depending on item spawn rate or luck.

On the other hand, torches are terrible on lab entrances since opening doors with a torch can take several turns in which the turret will spend all those turns shooting at you. Pretty much a death sentence on military bunkers above-ground, as those military turrets will end you unless you have a full set of power armor.

However, using the torch below the military bunker is okay. Saves you from needlessly using those ID cards.[/quote]

I’ve never had a problem with using A-torches to cut open military bunker doors aboveground. Like, I’m of the turrets’ line of sight when cutting the doors down (because of how the turrets are positioned)

After cutting the door open, just toss in an EMP grenade or two and the turrets are finished.